Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 9, 2012, 22:51 nin

Well that's disappointing to hear. Thanks to you both, though...I'll stay clear.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 9, 2012, 22:44 D4rkKnight

I tried it - too arcade for my tastes, even in simulation driving. The menus and presentation scream DIRT and the driving is more like NFS then Forza. It feels like its trying to emulate 5 different games and doing mediocre at all of them.  

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 9, 2012, 18:34 Crustacean Soup

I have no idea what to think of Forza Horizon. It's not as crazy over-the-top as the Criterion NFS games. It's not as crazy realistic as Forza 4. It doesn't have the cool cockpit mode / arcadeyness / damage that Shift, GRID, and DIRT have. It pushes the "xtreme awesome festival" atmosphere really heavily. It is fun and has a bit of Forzaness to the physics (if you put steering on Simulation; if you don't, it's horrible), the environments are nice, the dirt driving isn't too shabby, and I appreciate the silly car vs. plane event and things like that, but I haven't found something to grab me.

This comment was edited on Oct 9, 2012, 18:47.

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 9, 2012, 18:00 Julio

I'm surprised anyone would pay $1500 for a Wii U.  

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 9, 2012, 17:11 Cutter

How is supplying a demand exploitation?

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 9, 2012, 14:50 SpectralMeat

I was planning to check the demo out also but we will see if XCOM will let me do that tonight or not
I have it in the download queue so I will have it at least downloaded tonight.

Steam: SpectralMeat

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 9, 2012, 14:46 pacefalm

Bet wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 13:49:
Forza 4 complete edition release date speculation, anyone?

My pre-order for the game says Oct 23rd. Tried to get the demo a bit ago too and it got to 99% then told me it couldn't download. Will have to try again a bit later when hopefully the servers are not hammered. For the price of a gold membership though I would expect to not have download issues from their service. Not too impressed with that.

Edit - Oops misread your comment sorry. That date was for Horizon. wouldn't be surprised if it is out by the holiday season though.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 9, 2012, 13:49 Bet

Forza 4 complete edition release date speculation, anyone?  

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 9, 2012, 11:58 nin

Let me know what you think. I'd originally planned to check both it and the latest NFS by Criterion out, but at this point, I'm not sure when I will...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 9, 2012, 11:57 Crustacean Soup

Forza Horizon Demo on Xbox LIVE.

I'm crazy curious about this. Downloading.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo