Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield: Bad Company TV Series Planned

Fox is developing an action TV series based on Battlefield: Bad Company, reports Deadline.com, saying this will be an "action comedy" based on the video game produced by John Eisendrath, executive producer on Alias and the original Beverly Hills 90210, among other things (thanks Kotaku). Here's word: "Written by Eisendrath, Bad Company features the main characters from the game. It follows four renegade soldiers as they exit military life and enter the private sector. But trouble is never far behind as they realize their commanding officer had used them to further the ends of a shadow unit within the government and now wants them dead to cover his tracks. Eisendrath is executive producing with Happy Madison’s Doug Robinson and EA’s Patrick Bach and Patrick O’Brien."

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company TV Series Planned Oct 9, 2012, 21:06 Sepharo

And some spare Chang.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company TV Series Planned Oct 9, 2012, 17:47 Creston

nin wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 14:33:
(then again, they already fired Dan Harmon, and without him... ugh.)

Wasn't he the one who shit on Chevy Chase awhile back?

He did? He might have, I haven't really followed any news from the show much. Other than Gillian Jacobs, Chevy is the weakest link in the show anyway. If they just made the show about Abed, Troy, Annie and Jef, I doubt you'd even notice the other three were missing.

Creston

25. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company TV Series Planned Oct 9, 2012, 14:33 nin

Wasn't he the one who shit on Chevy Chase awhile back?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

24. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company TV Series Planned Oct 9, 2012, 13:42 Creston

Bhruic wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 04:46:
Creston wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 23:30:
So NBC just said they're NOT doing a fourth season of Community

Not sure where you are getting that from, but it's wrong. All they've announced is that they aren't going to do the premiere on the 19th, like they'd previously planned. They've already filmed episodes, and do plan on showing them "at some point".

But yeah, I agree with the sentiment behind your post.

Yeah, they're going to do them "When something else fails."
As in, we'll show you the few episodes we have, but we're not making any more. That doesn't really sound like a fourth season to me.

Fuck NBC.

Creston

23. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company TV Series Planned Oct 9, 2012, 10:01 Bhruic

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 09:22:
Very different shows and make no mistake, I'd shoot Terra Nova right between the eyes if it meant even a few more episodes of Firefly. But they're both examples of cool and unique sci-fi shows that never had a chance because they were on Fox and weren't just trying to further lower the bar like everything else that network airs.

Terra Nova is the least of things that I'd shoot to get more episodes of Firefly, but I can't blame it on Fox. The show was just mediocre. That's not to say they couldn't have improved on it down the line, but pulling it wasn't necessarily the wrong call. Frankly, I'd have been tempted to do the same thing.

Firefly was just a travesty.

22. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company TV Series Planned Oct 9, 2012, 09:52 NKD

I... what?  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

21. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company TV Series Planned Oct 9, 2012, 09:22 Parallax Abstraction

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 22:39:
Parallax Abstraction wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 22:29:
Firefly and Terra Nova get cancelled but this is what they think will be good television. Oh Fox...

That's what happens when all they care about is $$$, and EA can point to their sales data and say they have millions upon millions of Battlefield fans. Though I would never, ever dare mention Terra Nova in the same sentence as Firefly... What's wrong with you?

Very different shows and make no mistake, I'd shoot Terra Nova right between the eyes if it meant even a few more episodes of Firefly. But they're both examples of cool and unique sci-fi shows that never had a chance because they were on Fox and weren't just trying to further lower the bar like everything else that network airs.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

20. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company TV Series Planned Oct 9, 2012, 07:26 Mordecai Walfish

Just another nail in the EA/DICE coffin..  

19. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company TV Series Planned Oct 9, 2012, 07:20 Dades

jdreyer wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 23:58:
Kosumo wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 20:29:
Total wtf?
My reaction completely: "Uh, wait, what???"

This game might make a good movie, esp with a $200m budget for all the 'splosions. But I don't see how it fits into a weekly TV show.

There is no way they would have the budget to make this into a decent show. The Unit is a good reminder of what happens when you try to put military shows on network television.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

18. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company TV Series Planned Oct 9, 2012, 04:46 Bhruic

Creston wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 23:30:
So NBC just said they're NOT doing a fourth season of Community

Not sure where you are getting that from, but it's wrong. All they've announced is that they aren't going to do the premiere on the 19th, like they'd previously planned. They've already filmed episodes, and do plan on showing them "at some point".

But yeah, I agree with the sentiment behind your post.

17. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company TV Series Planned Oct 9, 2012, 01:06 bhcompy

Need a rotoscoped Black Company animated TV show, not Bad Company  

16. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company TV Series Planned Oct 9, 2012, 00:25 Blackhawk

With good writers, it could work. There have been a great many successful, fun shows about military misfits, either straight comedies or action comedies.

Of course, the kind of writers that can pull something like that off are few and far between.

15. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company TV Series Planned Oct 8, 2012, 23:58 jdreyer

Kosumo wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 20:29:
Total wtf?
My reaction completely: "Uh, wait, what???"

This game might make a good movie, esp with a $200m budget for all the 'splosions. But I don't see how it fits into a weekly TV show.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

14. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company TV Series Planned Oct 8, 2012, 23:49 Flatline

Oh yay. I hope they decide to use real-life combat zones that are going on right now so we can all laugh about how half the casulaties in the latest firefight in Afghanistan was due to Bad Company accidentally dropping napalm on the prick commander's base. Cue canned laugh track.  

13. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company TV Series Planned Oct 8, 2012, 23:31 dj LiTh

I....eh....I'm...ok lets do this....I'm in complete agreement with Cutter.  

12. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company TV Series Planned Oct 8, 2012, 23:30 Creston

So NBC just said they're NOT doing a fourth season of Community, but apparently THIS kind of horseshit can get money to get produced?

There are days when I really wish the "average" American TV viewer would burn to a cinder...

Creston

11. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company TV Series Planned Oct 8, 2012, 22:44 eunichron

Cutter wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 20:18:
No...just no.

If it's like a modern A-Team it could be pretty good...

...but it probably won't be.

10. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company TV Series Planned Oct 8, 2012, 22:39 jacobvandy

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 22:29:
Firefly and Terra Nova get cancelled but this is what they think will be good television. Oh Fox...

That's what happens when all they care about is $$$, and EA can point to their sales data and say they have millions upon millions of Battlefield fans. Though I would never, ever dare mention Terra Nova in the same sentence as Firefly... What's wrong with you?

9. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company TV Series Planned Oct 8, 2012, 22:29 Parallax Abstraction

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

8. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company TV Series Planned Oct 8, 2012, 22:21 Trevellian

Don't worry it's Fox.
They'll only air 11 episodes out of the 13 they film, and they'll play it opposite Sunday Football. Then decide it's a failure and cancel it. It's standard operating procedure for them.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Kyrios in ArcheAge

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo