Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - DCS: P-51D Mustang

The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics now offer DCS: P-51D Mustang via digital distribution, adding the Cadillac of the sky to the DCS series of combat flight simulators. Here's word on how this is both a hardcore and a casual flight sim: "The DCS: P-51D Mustang offers both highly-detailed simulation and easy-to-play "game" mode options for both hardcore and casual gamers. When in simulation mode, this is the most authentic simulation of the P-51D Mustang that has ever been created for the PC. Enjoy both the thrill of flying this legendary warbird and operating its various weapons against a variety of ground and airborne targets." The game is being sold through this webpage, and here's a feature list:

• Highly detailed six-degrees-of-freedom cockpit.
  • Interact with cockpit controls with your mouse.
  • Unmatched flight physics and that allow you to truly feel what it's like to fly this legend.
  • Accurate P-51D Mustang model, squadron markings, and weapons.
  • Developed and tested by current Mustang pilots.
  • Detailed modelling the P-51D Mustang instruments, weapons, engine, radios, fuel, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
  • Take part in a Challenge Campaign to test your flying and combat skills.
  • AI and player flyable 2nd World War German aircraft will become available in the future.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2012, 18:50 Rigs

In Soviet Russia, World War comes to you!

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going!'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - DCS: P-51D Mustang Oct 9, 2012, 11:59 Crustacean Soup

Aero wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 00:09:
Oh, perhaps I should clarify for those that don't know. It's a simulation of the P-51D, but you fly it in modern Georgia, and all the other planes and vehicles are modern. So it's P-51's versus Su-27's or air-to-ground missions trying to evade SAMs and Shilkas.

I was wondering how it would work in multiplayer with the other DCS titles. I guess I have my answer: it's always in modern times.

Still tempting though.

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - DCS: P-51D Mustang Oct 9, 2012, 08:51 nin

It's a simulation of the P-51D, but you fly it in modern Georgia, and all the other planes and vehicles are modern. So it's P-51's versus Su-27's or air-to-ground missions trying to evade SAMs and Shilkas.

Wait, what????

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - DCS: P-51D Mustang Oct 9, 2012, 00:09 Aero

It definitely is a lovely simulation of the P-51D but until they get some other WW2 aircraft in there to dogfight with, it's kind of pointless. I bought it when the beta became available, had a lovely time learning its systems and how to fly it, but now I don't have much use for it. It's not even like the A-10C or KA-50 where learning to just operate the systems will entertain you for weeks or months because it's such a relatively simple aircraft. A weekend or two will do it.

I don't really regret buying it (for what it is, it's fantastic), but for people possibly interested I would say put it on the back burner until they put in enough content to match it with so you can fly even remotely interesting missions.

edit: Oh, perhaps I should clarify for those that don't know. It's a simulation of the P-51D, but you fly it in modern Georgia, and all the other planes and vehicles are modern. So it's P-51's versus Su-27's or air-to-ground missions trying to evade SAMs and Shilkas.

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - DCS: P-51D Mustang Oct 8, 2012, 23:13 Techie714

Akuinnen wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 22:11:
Dang.. I still have to learn the A-10. Haven't had enough time.

Ditto! Love A-10 but man it's like a whole other marriage..lol

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - DCS: P-51D Mustang Oct 8, 2012, 22:11 Akuinnen

Dang.. I still have to learn the A-10. Haven't had enough time.  

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - DCS: P-51D Mustang Oct 8, 2012, 20:43 Crustacean Soup

oooooooooo  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo