Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - DCS: P-51D Mustang

The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics now offer DCS: P-51D Mustang via digital distribution, adding the Cadillac of the sky to the DCS series of combat flight simulators. Here's word on how this is both a hardcore and a casual flight sim: "The DCS: P-51D Mustang offers both highly-detailed simulation and easy-to-play "game" mode options for both hardcore and casual gamers. When in simulation mode, this is the most authentic simulation of the P-51D Mustang that has ever been created for the PC. Enjoy both the thrill of flying this legendary warbird and operating its various weapons against a variety of ground and airborne targets." The game is being sold through this webpage, and here's a feature list:

• Highly detailed six-degrees-of-freedom cockpit.
  • Interact with cockpit controls with your mouse.
  • Unmatched flight physics and that allow you to truly feel what it's like to fly this legend.
  • Accurate P-51D Mustang model, squadron markings, and weapons.
  • Developed and tested by current Mustang pilots.
  • Detailed modelling the P-51D Mustang instruments, weapons, engine, radios, fuel, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
  • Take part in a Challenge Campaign to test your flying and combat skills.
  • AI and player flyable 2nd World War German aircraft will become available in the future.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2012, 18:50 Rigs

In Soviet Russia, World War comes to you!

=-Rigs-=

'We talked about peace! You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation! You didn't WANT cooperation. You WANT war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've GOT a war!'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - DCS: P-51D Mustang Oct 9, 2012, 11:59 Crustacean Soup

Aero wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 00:09:
Oh, perhaps I should clarify for those that don't know. It's a simulation of the P-51D, but you fly it in modern Georgia, and all the other planes and vehicles are modern. So it's P-51's versus Su-27's or air-to-ground missions trying to evade SAMs and Shilkas.

I was wondering how it would work in multiplayer with the other DCS titles. I guess I have my answer: it's always in modern times.

Still tempting though.

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - DCS: P-51D Mustang Oct 9, 2012, 08:51 nin

It's a simulation of the P-51D, but you fly it in modern Georgia, and all the other planes and vehicles are modern. So it's P-51's versus Su-27's or air-to-ground missions trying to evade SAMs and Shilkas.

Wait, what????

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - DCS: P-51D Mustang Oct 9, 2012, 00:09 Aero

It definitely is a lovely simulation of the P-51D but until they get some other WW2 aircraft in there to dogfight with, it's kind of pointless. I bought it when the beta became available, had a lovely time learning its systems and how to fly it, but now I don't have much use for it. It's not even like the A-10C or KA-50 where learning to just operate the systems will entertain you for weeks or months because it's such a relatively simple aircraft. A weekend or two will do it.

I don't really regret buying it (for what it is, it's fantastic), but for people possibly interested I would say put it on the back burner until they put in enough content to match it with so you can fly even remotely interesting missions.

edit: Oh, perhaps I should clarify for those that don't know. It's a simulation of the P-51D, but you fly it in modern Georgia, and all the other planes and vehicles are modern. So it's P-51's versus Su-27's or air-to-ground missions trying to evade SAMs and Shilkas.

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - DCS: P-51D Mustang Oct 8, 2012, 23:13 Techie714

Akuinnen wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 22:11:
Dang.. I still have to learn the A-10. Haven't had enough time.

Ditto! Love A-10 but man it's like a whole other marriage..lol

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - DCS: P-51D Mustang Oct 8, 2012, 22:11 Akuinnen

Dang.. I still have to learn the A-10. Haven't had enough time.  

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - DCS: P-51D Mustang Oct 8, 2012, 20:43 Crustacean Soup

oooooooooo  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo