Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dishonored Reviews

Dishonored is not due in North American stores until tomorrow, but true to the stealthy aspects of Arkane's assassination game, reviews are already sneaking out. The PC edition currently enjoys an 89 out of 100 aggregate score on Metacritic, and there individual reviews on 1UP, Computer and Video Games, Destructoid, Edge Online, The Escapist, Eurogamer, GameArena, GameInformer, GameSpot, GamesRadar, GameSpy, Giant Bomb, Hardware Heaven, IGN, Joystiq, Kotaku (thanks nin), PC Gamer, The PA Report, Polygon, Rock, Paper, Shotgun, Shacknews, Spong, and VG247.

View
83 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

83. Re: Dishonored Reviews Oct 14, 2012, 03:51 theyarecomingforyou

The game was a bit shorter than I was expecting - it took 12hrs with a mix of action and stealth. It's a bit disappointing after Deus Ex: Human Revolution, which was a similar sort of game but twice the length. That said, it seems like it will have a lot of replayability. Plot-wise I felt the game fell apart a bit towards the end and the impact of your choices wasn't as significant as I was hoping.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

82. Re: Dishonored Reviews Oct 12, 2012, 20:14 Agent.X7

Yeah, this game has pretty much pushed all my other games to the side for now. So, it's pretty safe to say I think it is an excellent game, even with my graphics complaints. (No reflections in mirrors? That's SO 2001)  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

81. Re: Dishonored Reviews Oct 11, 2012, 15:23 Verno

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 19:14:
Just played through the first mission. Very fun. The overall feel makes me think Steampunk Half-life, with a dash of Fallout 3.

Yeah, I get some HL vibes from it too. One note about the stealth system that some people don't seem to realize, shadows are not "ok now im invisible!" thing, they just reduce the range at which enemies can spot you in the open.

Played the first hour. It looks and feels just as cheap as Singularity.

It doesn't even remotely look or play anything like Singularity IMHO.

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Korengal, Legends, Intruders

80. Re: Dishonored Reviews Oct 11, 2012, 15:23 Cabezone

Dishonored is great, equal parts thief/hitman.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

79. Re: Dishonored Reviews Oct 11, 2012, 11:33 Quinn

My goodness...

Played the first hour. It looks and feels just as cheap as Singularity.

Can't wait for Thief 4.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

78. Re: Dishonored Reviews Oct 10, 2012, 19:14 Agent.X7

Just played through the first mission. Very fun. The overall feel makes me think Steampunk Half-life, with a dash of Fallout 3.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

77. Re: Dishonored Reviews Oct 9, 2012, 11:22 sauron

nin wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 10:29:
sauron wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 10:22:
nin wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 07:45:
J wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 06:13:
Hey, sauron... the more I look at your avatar the more I swear it looks like the text beneath the eye says "kittens"

Oh wow, you're right...

You guys only just noticed? Shame on you!

Anyhow, these are bad, evil kittens. They're not even that fluffy.

These kittens?

Exactly those.

Never trust kittens. They're the devil's spawn.

Kittens!

76. Re: Dishonored Reviews Oct 9, 2012, 10:29 nin

sauron wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 10:22:
Hey, sauron... the more I look at your avatar the more I swear it looks like the text beneath the eye says "kittens"

Oh wow, you're right...

These kittens?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

75. Re: Dishonored Reviews Oct 9, 2012, 10:22 sauron

Oh wow, you're right...

Kittens!

74. Re: Dishonored Reviews Oct 9, 2012, 09:04 nin

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 07:47:

Oh wow, you're right...

I always thought that's what it said
Better have another coffee I guess

Perhaps it did...but the icons are so small here, it's not easy to see...

Wait, I think it's "Bittens"...<confused>

73. Re: Dishonored Reviews Oct 9, 2012, 07:47 SpectralMeat

Oh wow, you're right...

I always thought that's what it said
Better have another coffee I guess

Steam: SpectralMeat

72. Re: Dishonored Reviews Oct 9, 2012, 07:45 nin

Oh wow, you're right...

71. Re: Dishonored Reviews Oct 9, 2012, 06:13 J

70. Re: Dishonored Reviews Oct 9, 2012, 05:31 Titus

Yakubs wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 11:39:
It didn't sell tons of copies, even game journalists admitted it was a flawed game (boss battles, hello?), and none of the game mechanics are demonstrably better execution-wise than other games already out.

Exactly how it was with the original Deus Ex.

69. Re: Dishonored Reviews Oct 8, 2012, 23:29 Creston

nin wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 20:40:
OK, look--time to get serious. Everyone knows that the best game ever made was Might & Magic VI. Right?

You just made TIE Fighter cry...

TIE Fighter doesn't cry. It walks into the room in a studly way, eyes the opposition, snickers under its breath, then walks out with the three hottest chicks of the party.

Creston

68. Re: Dishonored Reviews Oct 8, 2012, 21:36 sauron

Prez wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 18:50:
sauron wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 14:54:
I'm having waaaaaaaaaay too much playing GW2 to try anything else right now...

Is this like madlibs where we fill in the word? Oh boy, I'll play! How's this:

I'm having waaaaaaaaaay too much gastrointestinal distress playing GW2 to try anything else right now...
:-)

LOL. I'd give you a cookie, but not sure your GI tract could handle it right now.

Note to self - read before hitting Enter. Also, posting from tablet is a bit bugged. Bluesnews needs a mobile app so I can lie in bed and still spam the forum!

This comment was edited on Oct 8, 2012, 21:50.

Kittens!

67. Re: Dishonored Reviews Oct 8, 2012, 20:40 nin

OK, look--time to get serious. Everyone knows that the best game ever made was Might & Magic VI. Right?

You just made TIE Fighter cry...

66. Re: Dishonored Reviews Oct 8, 2012, 20:28 Flatline

Prez wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 18:42:
Not necessarily. There are 3 or 4 reviewers with whom I share a common set of gaming "values"; that is to say that we have similar tastes, preferences and petpeeves. When one of these reviewers reviews a game their opinion counts far more heavily than a reviewer who I am not familiar with. Rather than just dismissing all reviews as useless I would recommend finding reviewers who you trust and have similar gaming tastes. I think it would be better to spend time figuring out which reviewers are like you rather than being an obnoxious ass to random people on an Internet forum.

This is generally where I end up too. Other reviewers I'll read/watch for entertainment value (I have almost nothing in common with Zero Punctuation reviews for example).

The only exception I generally have is Penny Arcade. If Gabe or Tycho give gushing, overwhelming reviews of the game, and use words like "digital genetics" or "deeply rewarding" or "heroine for some deep part of my brain" and shit like that, I stay away. The only game they ever gushed like that and I liked was the board game Pandemic. Otherwise, I tend to absolutely loathe the bland, boring, repetitive, almost obsessive-compulsive gaming that they absolutely can't get enough of. I used to think we're playing different games and then I realized that we *are*. I play games for escapism and entertainment, they actually muse what school cafeteria lunch is like in the world of Pokemon.

65. Re: Dishonored Reviews Oct 8, 2012, 20:24 CrimsonPaw

I'm looking forward to this, but I think it'll drop in price like a rock in 6 months. I learned my lesson from Bioshock and DeusEx: HE - both were great games with positive reviews and pre-hype that dropped in price quick. I'll hold off for a few months.  
~~Crim~~

64. Re: Dishonored Reviews Oct 8, 2012, 19:40 SpectralMeat

Yakubs wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 11:25:
Leper wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 11:22:
The game reviews are indicating a high level of quality

This is simply not true. That's what I've been saying and what, honestly, you guys should already know.

Game reviews indicate that game reviewers like the game. That's all they indicate. Actually, in rare cases they don't even indicate that (when the journalist is forced to post a good review via management/publisher pressure).

I'm not telling anybody not to buy the game. I'm pointing out that these reviews are completely meaningless, as they always are.

I disagree.
I usually read/watch reviews and let's play videos to find out more about the game, see what kind of game options there are for the PC etc. In general I don't read the reviews to base my purchase decisions on them but to find out more about the game and how the whole game is like ex repetitive, boring, buggy, etc etc.
If reviews make me unsure about a game I'll just wait for the player feedback on these forums for example then make up my mind about buying. If I am absolutely sure a game will entertain me or if a demo was released and I enjoyed it so much that I already made up my mind about purchasing the game then like I said I usually just read the reviews for more info and gameplay about my purchase before the game comes out.

Then again if you find the reviews useless that is your problem/opinion I guess.

Steam: SpectralMeat

83 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo