Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gatherings & Competitions

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 9, 2012, 05:28 Ant

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 20:57:
I cannot believe people actually take to watch people playing a game. How lame!
I like watch some games to learn tricks, tips, etc.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 8, 2012, 23:29 Fion

To each their own Ozmodan. I'm not much of an LoL fan but I do enjoy watching tourneys for other games. Watching the most skilled players in the world do amazing things you didn't realize were possible as they battle for supremacy can be more exciting than you'd think.  

4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 8, 2012, 20:57 Ozmodan

I cannot believe people actually take to watch people playing a game. How lame!  

3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 8, 2012, 19:36 dj LiTh

You would think at the very least that they would have their own special client for use in tournaments that is LAN enabled.  

2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 8, 2012, 18:49 Lokust

Agreed with Fion - it definitely damages Riot's credibility when it comes to their pushing League of Legends as an E-sport. The fact that they can't do a LAN mode for tournaments (or even for players who want to play it on a LAN is just absurd in this day and age.  

1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 8, 2012, 14:55 Fion

Not just cheating, intermittent power and internet connectivity issues, teams were not in a booth so they could see the big screen, had sun shining on their own screens apparently.

I have a friend who was there. He said it was absolutely horrid. They had to start over several matches because of issues and over six hours had only about 3 'completed' matches. Riot majorly dropped the ball.

Interestingly they wouldn't have had any of these issues if they weren't trying to further monetize the game by hosting the competition at an outdoor open venue.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo