Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: etc. Oct 9, 2012, 00:31 Mr. Tact

No $10 D3 copies at my local TRU.

They did have $10 MoP, well I think they did. It was definitely a WoW expansion, I thought it was MoP, and I was considering getting it.. So, after a double check for D3 I left. As I was leaving I couldn't convince myself it was really MoP, that it had to be Cata., but I didn't go back and check because I was afraid I would pick it up if it really was MoP.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: etc. Oct 8, 2012, 20:26 BobBob

Pondering Jay Wilson and the $10 price of D3 while playing Torchlight 2.  

11. Re: etc. Oct 8, 2012, 19:19 Leper

If it benefits anyone, I noticed that SC2 was $10 at TRU as well.  

10. Re: etc. Oct 8, 2012, 16:38 Axis

Baddest assed marching band ever. They got me where I'm the weakest Jimmy -- gaming nostalgia!

Better than almost every "star studded" lame-o halftime superbowl shows.

Yours truly,

Axis

9. Re: etc. Oct 8, 2012, 16:17 Agent.X7

Heh, that's my favorite.

Well, store X has them for $20 cheaper. Will you price match?

No, because if store X had it in stock you would have bought it there.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

8. Re: etc. Oct 8, 2012, 16:05 Cyanotetyphas

Yeah TRU is just dumping stock. Everyone was yelling about the sale but if you hit the reddit boards its ten guys saying they were out to every one who picked something up. Probably most of the stock is being ebayed by the employees. Anyway, its not a real sale, just a flushing. However, games in generally fall very quickly in price now in days.

After 3 months they hit $20 and after 6 you can find $10. After a year, well, BF3 was $7.50 last weekend.

P.S. I feel sorry for the poor Best Buy employees who had to deal with the angry nerds storming the gates and demanding price matches. Not that they don't deserve it, but some of these penny saver guys describe driving to 5 different stores and making the managers call every TRU in the county. Some of they pulled it off though and got best buy to price match.

Synthetic Error - Entertainment bloggin http://syntheticerror.wordpress.com/

7. Re: etc. Oct 8, 2012, 14:54 Agent.X7

It's TRU. They don't really carry PC games anyway. They tried to cash in on what they thought was a sure thing and got burned, and now they're dumping stock.

Meanwhile, everyone else still has it as $60. And I bet a good portion of independents are stocking up on TRUs misfortune.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

6. Re: etc. Oct 8, 2012, 14:48 KS

Another $10, lemme know. Got my fill from the open beta.  

5. Re: etc. Oct 8, 2012, 14:23 entr0py

I'm surprised Toys R Us sells M rated games, I wouldn't expect them to sell R rated movies. I guess kids are good at getting what they want, even if it's a game about exploding corpses.

Also, it's ammusing how most of the posters on the official forums have never heard of loss leaders, and are vaguely outraged by the low prices.

4. Re: etc. Oct 8, 2012, 13:54 Creston

Ohio State really does have one of the best marching bands in the country. They're awesome, and that was a really fantastic show.

Creston

3. Re: etc. Oct 8, 2012, 13:41 Mr. Tact

Yeah it does, have one here. I might have to do a walk-thru, I'd probably give D3 a whirl for $10.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

2. Re: etc. Oct 8, 2012, 13:30 xXBatmanXx

Does toys r us even exist anymore?  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

1. Re: etc. Oct 8, 2012, 13:03 JohnnyRotten

Ouch. Now back to GW2, TL2, BL2, etc.  

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo