Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PC Assassin's Creed III UbiWorkshop Edition

The UbiWorkshop now offers preorders of the PC edition of the Assassin's Creed III UbiWorkshop Edition, though they note that a shipping date on this is TBD (thanks Computer and Video Games). Here's word on what this will offer:

Knowledge is power. Content is king. You have enough gadgets on your shelf already. These 3 wise sayings guided our hands while we conceived Assassinís Creed III Ubiworkshop Edition.

LEARN
Assassinís Creed Encyclopedia Second Edition: The updated version of the now cult AC Encyclopedia

DISCOVER
Assassinís Creed Subject 4: The ultimate Assassinís Creed graphic novel, containing the whole Daniel Cross/NikolaÔ Orelov narrative arc obtained by merging Assassinís Creed The Fall and its sequel Assassinís Creed The Chain.

EXPERIENCE
Assassinís Creed III: This yearsí most anticipated game.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: PC Assassin's Creed III UbiWorkshop Edition Oct 8, 2012, 05:22 eRe4s3r

Do you remember the EA thing with DLC and Steam? Same issue. uPlay sells DLC behind Steams back. That's way I am guessing they do this, and handle Steam differently. On Anno 2070 you can buy DLC directly in-game, and Steam never even sees anything from that.

And yeah, that is pretty dumb... but I am not sure Ubisoft is 100% to blame there.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: PC Assassin's Creed III UbiWorkshop Edition Oct 8, 2012, 04:51 Jerykk

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 04:14:
Yeah, that's because uPlay games on Steam are the only exception to this If you got a serial from steam with your game, download a "copy" from "somewhere" with uplay intact and start it, it will ask you to bind it to your account with serial. This is how all uPlay games, except those directly bought on steam, are working.

It is literally why I don't buy uPlay games anywhere but on GMG... also it's cheaper there ;p

Wow, that's pretty dumb. If Ubisoft is going to force you to use Uplay with all of their games, they should at least let you add all the games to your account regardless of where you bought them.

12. Re: PC Assassin's Creed III UbiWorkshop Edition Oct 8, 2012, 04:14 eRe4s3r

Yeah, that's because uPlay games on Steam are the only exception to this If you got a serial from steam with your game, download a "copy" from "somewhere" with uplay intact and start it, it will ask you to bind it to your account with serial. This is how all uPlay games, except those directly bought on steam, are working.

It is literally why I don't buy uPlay games anywhere but on GMG... also it's cheaper there ;p

11. Re: PC Assassin's Creed III UbiWorkshop Edition Oct 8, 2012, 03:55 peteham

Kythlyn wrote on Oct 7, 2012, 21:24:
Yeah, those two were not very good.

I just hope the PC version gets proper support this time around. Not holding my breath.
Yeah, I'm not really seeing where the revolution is. Looks like more of the same to me. And they seem to have dived even further into unenjoyable minigames-land with the whole naval combat schtick. I spent a lot of effort tracking down town criers to avoid the tower defense game in Revelations, but the naval thing seems a bit more mandatory than that. Understandably since they must've put a fair bit of technical effort into making it happen, with the problem being that it just doesn't look like something that would be fun for more than 10 minutes tops

Still, even though the games have sorta declined a bit since AC2, I've enjoyed them all overall, so I'll definitely pick this up at some point, just not at launch.

10. Re: PC Assassin's Creed III UbiWorkshop Edition Oct 8, 2012, 03:30 Cutter

The first AC I didn't care for. It really took off with the second. I loved Rev and Brohood. Then again, the Italian Renaissance is probably my favourite point in history. I loved romping around Italy at that point.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadÖ Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

9. Re: PC Assassin's Creed III UbiWorkshop Edition Oct 8, 2012, 02:01 Jerykk

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 00:36:
That is not actually true, if you run a uplay game that you didn't buy via uPlay it starts uplay and asks you to bind to your account (after entering the serial) that's how I bought Anno 2070 (from GMG) although I downloaded the game from GMG's own service.

The addon key you then enter in Anno 2070, it unlocks and done. What is however true, is that if you only bought a key for a uplay game, you are pretty much ... sol ;p You have to actually pirate the game and start it uncracked and THEN enter your key and bind it to your account.

The exception here is the steam version of Anno 2070.. there it gets really ugly...

Anno 2070 must be an exception or something because of the three Uplay games I've bought from Steam, none of them offered to bind themselves to my Uplay account.

8. Re: PC Assassin's Creed III UbiWorkshop Edition Oct 8, 2012, 00:36 eRe4s3r

That is not actually true, if you run a uplay game that you didn't buy via uPlay it starts uplay and asks you to bind to your account (after entering the serial) that's how I bought Anno 2070 (from GMG) although I downloaded the game from GMG's own service.

The addon key you then enter in Anno 2070, it unlocks and done. What is however true, is that if you only bought a key for a uplay game, you are pretty much ... sol ;p You have to actually pirate the game and start it uncracked and THEN enter your key and bind it to your account.

The exception here is the steam version of Anno 2070.. there it gets really ugly...

7. Re: PC Assassin's Creed III UbiWorkshop Edition Oct 7, 2012, 21:50 Jerykk

Even without the always online requirement, Uplay is utterly worthless. You know how you can activate Steamworks games on Steam regardless of where you buy them? Yeah, you can't do that with Uplay games. If you want a game added to your Uplay account, you have to buy it directly from Uplay.  

6. Re: PC Assassin's Creed III UbiWorkshop Edition Oct 7, 2012, 21:24 Kythlyn

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 7, 2012, 21:14:
I've enjoyed all of the AC games lately, but AC3 is supposed to be major because it's the proper sequel we've been waiting for, from the main development team of the series (AC1 and AC2), not the yearly churns that were Brotherhood and Revelations.

Yeah, those two were not very good.

I just hope the PC version gets proper support this time around. Not holding my breath.

5. Re: PC Assassin's Creed III UbiWorkshop Edition Oct 7, 2012, 21:14 jacobvandy

I've enjoyed all of the AC games lately, but AC3 is supposed to be major because it's the proper sequel we've been waiting for, from the main development team of the series (AC1 and AC2), not the yearly churns that were Brotherhood and Revelations.  

4. Re: PC Assassin's Creed III UbiWorkshop Edition Oct 7, 2012, 20:57 The Half Elf

While I love the AC series, I never did finish the last one. I will pick up AC3, but there are just way to many games higher up on my radar.

Come on X-COM!

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

3. Re: PC Assassin's Creed III UbiWorkshop Edition Oct 7, 2012, 20:44 eRe4s3r

Yeah but this years most anticipated game? That would be Dishonored for me.. and I even like AC usually.  

2. Re: PC Assassin's Creed III UbiWorkshop Edition Oct 7, 2012, 20:36 rist3903

Hateocracy? They aren't using always on DRM. Provided this gets positive reviews from sources I trust, I will definitely be buying this one.  

1. Re: PC Assassin's Creed III UbiWorkshop Edition Oct 7, 2012, 19:23 NKD

In before Hateocracy.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo