Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

More Project Eternity Stretch Goals

Obsidian Community Forum and the Project Eternity Kickstarter Page outline more stretch goals for this upcoming RPG. With the project at over 200% of its $1.1 million goal, they haul out the big guns to start attracting serious money, offering exclusive in-game pets for $50 backers, a hardcover book for $250 backers, and adding players names to the game for $500. They also announce more details on their mega-dungeon goals and offer expanded answers to questions from reddit about the game's combat system. Thanks nin.

View
39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

39. Re: More Project Eternity Stretch Goals Oct 8, 2012, 14:29 Dades

Not a big fan of these kickstarter things but this is the kind of game I can get behind.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

38. Re: More Project Eternity Stretch Goals Oct 8, 2012, 13:43 John

Oh, don't you worry Mr. Tact.. It'll go back up especially towards the end.  
This space is available for rent

37. Re: More Project Eternity Stretch Goals Oct 8, 2012, 10:31 Mr. Tact

Figures -- having said I was wrong, the contribution total for yesterday saw a bit of a dip. After bouncing around between $23k - $52k per day for over 2 weeks, yesterday's total was under $15k. With 8 days and $170k to go, it will have to bounce back up to make it to $2.6m.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

36. Re: More Project Eternity Stretch Goals Oct 8, 2012, 03:39 Jerykk

I have no doubts whatsoever that it will make it to $2.6 million. I'd be surprised if it didn't make it to at least $2.8 million, given that the last day of these high-profile kickstarters always see significant boosts.  

35. Re: More Project Eternity Stretch Goals Oct 7, 2012, 23:37 Mr. Tact

Yeah, well it used to say trending to 16m...  

34. Re: More Project Eternity Stretch Goals Oct 7, 2012, 23:36 Dev

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 7, 2012, 19:15:
Looking at its Kicktraq I can see it making $2.5m, but $2.6m would require an uptick...
When I click that, it says its trending to $3.3m

33. Re: More Project Eternity Stretch Goals Oct 7, 2012, 23:10 Mr. Tact

Well... looking again, yeah, I was wrong. This time when I looked at the page the daily pledge amounts printed vertically instead of horizontally making them easily readable and I think I must have been misreading the amounts. It does look like it should make it to $2.6m...

Was anyone else seeing the amounts horizontally until this evening?

32. Re: More Project Eternity Stretch Goals Oct 7, 2012, 23:05 John

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 7, 2012, 19:15:
Looking at its Kicktraq I can see it making $2.5m, but $2.6m would require an uptick...
An uptick? It's still got a steady increase which will get it past $2.6 mil easy. That's not to mention the PayPal backers that aren't included in the KS page total until the end.

This space is available for rent

31. Re: More Project Eternity Stretch Goals Oct 7, 2012, 23:04 Dev

Another $20 spot opened up. I couldn't resist.  

30. Re: More Project Eternity Stretch Goals Oct 7, 2012, 19:48 nin

The projection tab is guessing 2.6 on the low end, I suspect due to the last 24 hours or so generally seeing an uptick. So fingers crossed...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

29. Re: More Project Eternity Stretch Goals Oct 7, 2012, 19:15 Mr. Tact

28. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 7, 2012, 16:30 nin

2.4, baby! Woot! Hopefully it still makes 2.6 (I can't see it not), as I'm more excited about the party creator than the 2.5 classes.

27. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 7, 2012, 12:21 Jivaro

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 7, 2012, 12:08:
Bhruic wrote on Oct 7, 2012, 09:22:
If they have any major project that ends up coming out either incomplete or broken, I could see a lot of people losing faith in the system.

That is going to happen. Many are promising, PC/Mac/Linux/Mobile. That is a lot of extra work porting OR possibly using something that can work for all, which could mean dumbing down the PC version using a dev tool that most aren't crazy about.

Totally, and it isn't even necessary for them to promise the world....sooner or later one of these Kickstarters is going to be a bust. It is just a matter of time.

It will be interesting to see how that affects future Kickstarters. Personally I go into a KS with sort of a gamblers attitude so if one fails I will be disappointed but I don't think it would affect any of my future KS involvement.

26. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 7, 2012, 12:08 HorrorScope

Bhruic wrote on Oct 7, 2012, 09:22:
If they have any major project that ends up coming out either incomplete or broken, I could see a lot of people losing faith in the system.

That is going to happen. Many are promising, PC/Mac/Linux/Mobile. That is a lot of extra work porting OR possibly using something that can work for all, which could mean dumbing down the PC version using a dev tool that most aren't crazy about.

25. Re: More Project Eternity Stretch Goals Oct 7, 2012, 11:28 Julio

I'm not only a backer, I absolutely love how these guys run a KS. Lots of information, constant updates, and many stretch goals. They deserve all the cash they get.  

24. Re: More Project Eternity Stretch Goals Oct 7, 2012, 10:34 NKD

In for $110.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

23. Re: More Project Eternity Stretch Goals Oct 7, 2012, 09:22 Bhruic

Cutter wrote on Oct 7, 2012, 09:19:
KS games aren't meant to be CoD. They don't expect a billion in sales. They don't expect everyone to buy it much less want it. What they do get is the chance to make a game they want to make for like-minded people and keep themselves gainfully employed for a year or two in the process. That's pretty sweet.

Well, there's no developer out there that wants their product to be perceived as a failure. They don't need it to sell millions, but I'm sure they want it to sell well - and be received well.

That's actually going to be the real challenge of Kickstarter. If they have any major project that ends up coming out either incomplete or broken, I could see a lot of people losing faith in the system.

22. Re: More Project Eternity Stretch Goals Oct 7, 2012, 09:19 Cutter

Zanderat1 wrote on Oct 7, 2012, 09:11:
Agree with what everyone said. Obsidian makes their money one way or the other. I guess my point was that even though the KS is a success, if the game fails to sell once it is released for real, then it will still be perceived as a failure by the non-hardcore RPG crowd.

KS games aren't meant to be CoD. They don't expect a billion in sales. They don't expect everyone to buy it much less want it. What they do get is the chance to make a game they want to make for like-minded people and keep themselves gainfully employed for a year or two in the process. That's pretty sweet.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

21. Re: More Project Eternity Stretch Goals Oct 7, 2012, 09:11 Zanderat1

Agree with what everyone said. Obsidian makes their money one way or the other. I guess my point was that even though the KS is a success, if the game fails to sell once it is released for real, then it will still be perceived as a failure by the non-hardcore RPG crowd.  

20. Re: More Project Eternity Stretch Goals Oct 7, 2012, 02:42 nin

Obsidian makes the game they want to make, they all get paid for two years, and they lose no money on the game.

And we gamers selfishly get the game WE want!

On that note, goodbye $20 category, hello $140.

edit: Damn, someone grabbed my $20 spot in under 10 minutes.

This comment was edited on Oct 7, 2012, 02:48.

39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo