Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Into the Black

Link of the Day: A Good Day to Die Hard Trailer. Thanks nin. Can a series unjump the shark?

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Into the Black Oct 5, 2012, 18:43 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Oct 5, 2012, 05:28:
I don't understand how Channing Tatum gets work. I've seen logs that are better actors.

He's not the greatest actor, but he's not awful. For contrast watch him in this Haywire clip with actual terrible actress (but awesome fighter) Gina Carano.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Into the Black Oct 5, 2012, 14:19 PHJF

They've already removed it (entirely) from the Regal 16 here. But hey I guess I can go see fucking frankenweenie and hotel transylvania in 3D and Imax, right? Some real fucking adult cinema. Fucking kids ruin everything.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

25. Re: Into the Black Oct 5, 2012, 13:25 Fantaz

You guys should go see Dredd 3D while it's still in the theaters in 3D. One of the top action movies this year imo. (Must be seen in 3D) Very much like a video game movie.  

24. Re: Into the Black Oct 5, 2012, 11:40 PHJF

I've seen two Tatum movies this year, Haywire and 21 Jump, and he was fine in both. That is, fine in the acting sense, of course being a heterosexual male I cannot comment on his dashing looks or his charming... um... right.

How about those sexy ladies, right?!? Yeah!

23. Re: Into the Black Oct 5, 2012, 11:16 Creston

I don't understand how Channing Tatum gets work. I've seen logs that are better actors.

Tween and young teen girls apparently have tons and tons and TONS of disposable income to spend on Channing Tatum movies.

Creston

22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2012, 11:15 Creston

Rigs wrote on Oct 5, 2012, 02:36:
It's like with Battleship, I kept waiting and wondering when it would come out...and it was out and gone before I knew it!

You were actually waiting for Battleship?????

Creston

21. Re: Into the Black Oct 5, 2012, 10:42 PHJF

It's good sci-fi, and JGL does a really convincing Bruce Willis. You could do far worse for a movie.

Yeah, I also went in with incredible expectations (how can one not?). I was expecting to have my mind blown (it's time travel, after all) but the movie never even attempted it. Still a great scifi actioneer, and JGL was great as always.

20. Re: Into the Black Oct 5, 2012, 09:24 netnerd85

Die Hard is one of the best Action movies of all time.

Rather watch 80's movies on repeat than the shit they dribble out today.

That trailer was awful. Who's the enemy? Where's the tension? Why should I bother? I've seen explosions before!

19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2012, 08:24 El Pit

nin wrote on Oct 5, 2012, 03:05:
Isn't he going to be in the new GI Joe movie? Or was that already out?

It was supposed to be out this summer, and was pushed to like next March, two months away from it's premier. For "reshoots and 3d".

And to add more Channing Tatum, of course.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

18. Re: Into the Black Oct 5, 2012, 08:20 El Pit

Don't you know the saying "This movie needs more Channing Tatum"?

17. Re: Into the Black Oct 5, 2012, 08:19 El Pit

Creston wrote on Oct 5, 2012, 01:52:
Has anyone seen Looper yet? Is it any good?

Creston

Looper gives you the badass BW that we all love. The movie itself is good, but no Oscar material. JGL is great, this guy is going to be the next Brad Pitt, but with much better acting skills.

16. Re: Into the Black Oct 5, 2012, 06:36 DG

Alamar wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 20:51:
Watched the clip n YouTube because this one no workie for me, but holy crap, I found that surprisingly bad... I really didn't like the two main chars (the two sons, as it were)...

-Alamar
I did the same thing, that's a fake video.

There's an alternative source for the actual teaser at IGN.

15. Re: Into the Black Oct 5, 2012, 05:28 Cutter

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2012, 03:05 nin

Isn't he going to be in the new GI Joe movie? Or was that already out?

It was supposed to be out this summer, and was pushed to like next March, two months away from it's premier. For "reshoots and 3d".

When you postpone a movie 2 months before it's supposed to come out, you must really have some problems...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2012, 02:36 Rigs

Isn't he going to be in the new GI Joe movie? Or was that already out? It's like with Battleship, I kept waiting and wondering when it would come out...and it was out and gone before I knew it! So if the GI Joe movie was out already, I didn't notice...lol...Bruce Willis can't do much wrong, IMO. Next to Clint Eastwood, he's easily the best bad-ass in movies right now. And you know, since Chuck Norris is just letting him have his fun. I wonder why Chuck's not in movies anymore? I mean, the man is considered the only one on Earth that can shit gold bricks but you almost never actually see him. Arnie's too old anymore, same with Stallone. Jet Lee is ok, as is Jackie Chan. Not great. Tom Cruise? Pfft, you serious?

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

12. Re: Into the Black Oct 5, 2012, 02:04 nin

It's not bad. I'm not sure if I went in with expectations too high, or that I didn't care for the ending (or both) (can't say more w/o spoiling anything).

It's good sci-fi, and JGL does a really convincing Bruce Willis. You could do far worse for a movie.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

11. Re: Into the Black Oct 5, 2012, 01:52 Creston

I actually quite liked Die Hard 2. The story was absurdly ridiculous (the idea that the Colonel can plan everything that happened, including a fucking pivotal snow storm hitting right as the drug dude flies into the country, was beyond insane,) but the action was tight and I really liked the airport setting.

The third really didn't do much for me. Samuel L Jackson's character just felt like a caricature to me, and their constant bickering got on my nerves after less than five minutes.

I thought the fourth was actually really enjoyable, if you managed to ignore the whole "Sir, we are being hacked on all internets simultaneously!" nonsense. (Why don't they ever hire some consultant who understands computers to tell them "Guys, this is bullshit. This isn't how the damn internet works!") The only thing that really made me roll my eyes was the absurdity of an F22 pilot blowing up half of a fucking city to try to stop a "TERRORIST SEMI TRUCK!"

Quite looking forward to a fifth one.

Creston

10. Re: Into the Black Oct 5, 2012, 00:53 El Pit

The first Die Hard was epic, the second was great, the third was no Die Hard, but actually more like Lethal Weapon, the fourth was alright. Bring on number 5. And 6. And 7. And the one called Die Hard in a Retirement Home.  

9. Re: Into the Black Oct 5, 2012, 00:39 jdreyer

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 5, 2012, 00:30:
Yup, Die Hard is my favorite Christmas movie.

Die Hard 2 was good. 3 was good. 4, eh. It's better if you watch the unrated one, but still not as good as the others. This one? We'll see.

Yup, Christmas and automatic weapons: a match made in heaven.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

8. Re: Into the Black Oct 5, 2012, 00:30 Agent.X7

Yup, Die Hard is my favorite Christmas movie.

Die Hard 2 was good. 3 was good. 4, eh. It's better if you watch the unrated one, but still not as good as the others. This one? We'll see.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo