Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Bethesda Opens New Austin Studio

The Bethesda Blog introduces Battlecry Studios, a new development house located in Austin, TX headed up by Rich Vogel, the former Star Wars: The Old Republic executive producer who recently departed BioWare. "I have always admired and respected Bethesda’s approach to making great, original games," said Vogel. "It’s a belief and passion I share, and I’m looking forward to building a team of high quality developers who want to bring that same commitment and creative energy to the games we’ll be creating." There are no details yet about what they will be doing first other than to say: "The new studio is currently hiring other experienced game developers to fill key roles for an unannounced project."

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Bethesda Opens New Austin Studio Oct 4, 2012, 19:04 Cutter

Bad move, Bethsoft.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Bethesda Opens New Austin Studio Oct 4, 2012, 18:26 Hump

STALKER sequel....?  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

9. Re: Bethesda Opens New Austin Studio Oct 4, 2012, 17:14 WyldKat

I'm wagering it's FallOut Online. Didn't Bethesda secure the license to it?

Let's hope that whatever it is, it isn't the pile of crap that Elder Scrolls Online is looking to be. Seriously... You had one job... take the Elder Scrolls gameplay and make it online... Why couldn't we just have had CoOp? >.>

8. Re: Bethesda Opens New Austin Studio Oct 4, 2012, 15:05 BobBob

Rage 2: Invisible Walls Unleashed  

7. Re: Bethesda Opens New Austin Studio Oct 4, 2012, 15:02 Shineyguy

I bet recently departed from Bioware as well Daniel Erickson will be looking at getting hired here...  

6. Re: Bethesda Opens New Austin Studio Oct 4, 2012, 12:37 Bet

Creston wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 12:12:
Techie714 © wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 12:04:
Fallout 4.......

Actually the rumor is Boston for the next Fallout, Beth has sent a production crew there to photograph & film the city...That's the rumor anyway...

I think Bethesda's main team is working on FO4. I can't imagine they'd take a completely new team and hand a big project like that over to them, especially not under the guidance of a guy who created what's looking like one of the biggest MMO failures of all time.

Creston
Please be out next year, please be out next year...

5. Re: Bethesda Opens New Austin Studio Oct 4, 2012, 12:22 CJ_Parker

And Austin = MMO Central so this is most likely (like a 100% chance) a studio dedicated to MMO development.
Well, with Vogel at the helm the studio name is going to be very fitting since there's bound to be lots of struggling and crying.

4. Re: Bethesda Opens New Austin Studio Oct 4, 2012, 12:15 Techie714 ©

Creston wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 12:12:
Fallout 4.......

Actually the rumor is Boston for the next Fallout, Beth has sent a production crew there to photograph & film the city...That's the rumor anyway...

I think Bethesda's main team is working on FO4. I can't imagine they'd take a completely new team and hand a big project like that over to them, especially not under the guidance of a guy who created what's looking like one of the biggest MMO failures of all time.

Creston
Agree, you make a good point.

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

3. Re: Bethesda Opens New Austin Studio Oct 4, 2012, 12:12 Creston

Fallout 4.......

Creston

2. Re: Bethesda Opens New Austin Studio Oct 4, 2012, 12:04 Techie714 ©

Fallout 4.......

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

1. Re: Bethesda Opens New Austin Studio Oct 4, 2012, 11:59 CJ_Parker

Hello and good-bye Battlecry Studios... 'twas nice gettin' ta know ya as short as it may have been...

Seriously, with Rich Vogel on the wheel they are fucked before shit has even started. Rich Vogel's body count: Two Star Wars MMOs (which could have and should have been surefire smash hits thanks to the license if the games themselves wouldn't have sucked major donkey balls) and UO which slipped from being the no. 1 MMO into the pits of insignificance. Awesome track record right there. No, really.
Next on his hit list: Whatever MMO Battlecry is going to work on. That game is toast already. Mark my words. If I were Beth I'd spend the money on beer and hookers instead of flushing it down the shitter with Vogel but that's just me...

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo