Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Cliff Bleszinski Leaves Epic

The Epic Games Website has news of the departure of Cliff Bleszinski, the design director that's long been one of the most public faces of the Unreal and Gears of War developer. The post includes kind words from his colleagues and no real indication of why this is happening besides CliffyB's comment that "itís time for a much needed break." Here's the excerpt they share from Cliffís personal note to his colleagues:

Iíve been doing this since I was a teenager, and outside of my sabbatical last year, I have been going non-stop. I literally grew up in this business, as Mike likes to say. And now that Iím grown up, itís time for a much needed break.

I will miss the projects, the playtests, the debates, and most importantly, the people. Epic only hires the best of the best, and it has been a joy working with each and every one of you on a daily basis, whether you were hired weeks ago or decades ago. I have been fortunate enough to collaborate with a variety of disciplines, from code to art to marketing and PR Ė itís been one big, rewarding learning experience. Iím confident that each project that is being built, whether at Epic, Chair, PCF, or Impossible will be top notch and will please gamers and critics alike.

View
43 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

3. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Leaves Epic Oct 3, 2012, 18:49 nin

Somewhere, Jazz Jackrabbit is crying...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Leaves Epic Oct 3, 2012, 18:49 Acleacius

Thank you for flying, Pigs on the Wing!  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

1. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Leaves Epic Oct 3, 2012, 18:45 Creston

I wonder if he'll miss being a giant douchenozzle against pc gamers.

Creston

43 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo