This Kickstarter Campaign
from Loot Drop seeks funding for an old-school RPG from this studio founded by
John Romero and Tom Hall (thanks Rob). They are looking for a million dollars to develop "a classic RPG from the days when RPGs were king" designed by Hall (Anachronox
) and Brenda Brathwaite (Wizardry
), though if they hit the $1.9 million plateau, this will actually become two separate games, one designed by each. Like so many Kickstarter campaigns, there is no concise summary of the game, but here is their outline of the game world:
- Exploration: Explore a richly detailed world, home to unique, dangerous and sometimes crafty creatures who may be friend or foe.
- Treasure: Loot castles, caverns and dungeons and defeat hordes of creatures in a world where your skill and cunning are key.
- NPCs: At least five known NPC races call this world home. Forge alliances with them and do their bidding - or be their undoing.
- Quests: Solve hundreds of quests on your way to discovering and uncovering the secrets of the world.
Multiple Endings: The smallest of intentions sometimes matters far more than you know. It is a world alive with memories.
- Multiple Beginnings (Stretch Goal): The endings in one game affect the beginnings in another. Import your characters from one world to another.
- Combat: Turn-based combat harkens back to the days when spells and swords hit hard and last-second healing spells saved the day.
- NPC Enemies (Stretch Goal): What once was a relatively peaceful world becomes much more dangerous not only for you, but for those who live there. New NPCs come complete with an expanded game area and quests.