Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mass Effect 3 Patch This Week; ME Trilogy Details

The BioWare Social Network has extensive notes for a new patch for Mass Effect 3 that will be released this week (currently planned for tomorrow) for the PC and console editions of the action/RPG sequel. Also, the Mass Effect Website has more details on the recently announced Mass Effect Trilogy, specifying this will be released on November 6th in North America (thanks Eurogamer), and clarifies its contents will differ by platform. Here's word on the PC edition: "On PC, Mass Effect will include Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station on disk. For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included which features Zaeed The Price of Revenge, The Firewalker Pack, Cerberus Assault Gear, Arc Projector heavy weapon, and Normandy Crash site mission. For Mass Effect 3, Online Pass will be included granting players access to co-op multiplayer."

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Mass Effect 3 Patch This Week; ME Trilogy Details Oct 3, 2012, 23:12 SlimRam

Jivaro wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 12:56:
NegaDeath wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 12:28:
I'm sorry there's simply no excuse that all the DLC isn't bundled. Hell all of the DLC for ME3 isn't even out yet. Is there going to be an Ultimate ME Trilogy release next year too?

The *We Promise This Is Really Everything* Mega Ultimate Super Deluxe Mass Effect Collection. If you buy the digital version you get a coupon for *Mass Effect Infiltrator*..that mobile OS ME game that nobody played. If you buy the retail version, you get a blue condom made from real squid skin.

If they throw in the squid skin blue condom this is nothing but pure win for me

.....unless it's used *ducks*

Sorry about that comment, my 4th energy drink of the day is wearing off. I should have just stayed with the bath salts.

"Angels with silver wings, shouldn't know suffering, I wish I could take the pain for you

If God has a master plan, that only He understands, I hope it's your eyes He's seeing through"

Depeche Mode - Precious
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Mass Effect 3 Patch This Week; ME Trilogy Details Oct 3, 2012, 16:54 Leper

You could've bought all three on Origin the past week for 60% off (IIRC.)

I would have bought #3 in the last week if I knew about this. Doesn't seem to be still the case, however. I would still like to play it and see the endings that I've heard so much about.

8. Re: Mass Effect 3 Patch This Week; ME Trilogy Details Oct 3, 2012, 13:05 Creston

Jivaro wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 12:56:
If you buy the digital version you get a coupon for *Mass Effect Infiltrator*..that mobile OS ME game that nobody played.

That's not true! I know one guy on the forums who played it!

Creston

7. Re: Mass Effect 3 Patch This Week; ME Trilogy Details Oct 3, 2012, 12:56 Jivaro

NegaDeath wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 12:28:
I'm sorry there's simply no excuse that all the DLC isn't bundled. Hell all of the DLC for ME3 isn't even out yet. Is there going to be an Ultimate ME Trilogy release next year too?

The *We Promise This Is Really Everything* Mega Ultimate Super Deluxe Mass Effect Collection. If you buy the digital version you get a coupon for *Mass Effect Infiltrator*..that mobile OS ME game that nobody played. If you buy the retail version, you get a blue condom made from real squid skin.

6. Re: Mass Effect 3 Patch This Week; ME Trilogy Details Oct 3, 2012, 12:37 Acleacius

ea train wrecked their two biggest franchises. There's a huge difference between good sales and expected block buster sales. This is a desperate attempt to make up lost sales from a dying M3.

Holiday sales...wait for it! The new ultramega box ME and DA franchises all in one BOX! (minus the dlc).

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

5. Re: Mass Effect 3 Patch This Week; ME Trilogy Details Oct 3, 2012, 12:28 NegaDeath

4. Re: Mass Effect 3 Patch This Week; ME Trilogy Details Oct 3, 2012, 12:03 avianflu

If we are really lucky, a few years from now, someone other than Sandy Whathisname will be given the franchise and do something interesting with it.

Right now though? The mass effect franchise is on life support.

3. Re: Mass Effect 3 Patch This Week; ME Trilogy Details Oct 3, 2012, 11:31 Creston

Ooooh! They will include the MP for ME3! That's VALUE! AND Cerberus Network for ME2!

Seriously, Bioware, that's just fucking stupid. People who buy ME3 new in the store get MP, so it's just fucking LOGICAL that the bundled edition of ME3 includes MP. People who buy ME2 in the store get the Cerberus Network, so it's just LOGICAL that bundled edition of ME2 includes the Cerberus Network. Don't make it out like you're adding shit when you know full well you're not doing so.

You guys get worse every single fucking month... How's that buyout by EA tasting?

As for the pack itself, this isn't worth it. The only actual stuff that's added over just buying the three games separately on sale is Bring Down The Sky and Pinnacle Station, and while BtdS is pretty cool, Pinnacle Station is pretty boring and only gets you access to a vendor that gives you a random top level item.

Just buy the things individually. You'll be much, MUCH cheaper off. You could've bought all three on Origin the past week for 60% off (IIRC.)

This is Just Another EA Ripoff. (JAEAR.)

Creston

2. Re: Mass Effect 3 Patch This Week; ME Trilogy Details Oct 3, 2012, 11:08 Tumbler

What this looks like is they just want to package up the existing items into one box. No changes in the retail products, just a new coat of paint for the discs and a box.

Information on PlayStation 3 DLC will be available soon.

The ps3 version of ME2 shipped with several DLC items on the disc: Shadow broker / Overlord / lost memory / Cereberus code so I'll bet the reason they aren't mentioning that is because they are just going to stay quiet about the extra content on the PS3 ME2 disc so that PC / 360 fans don't get upset that they are not getting those in this package.

Or they could be planning to create a new version of the ps3 ME2 game and remove the DLC.

I picked up a copy of ME3 for $10 on PS3 at best buy recently and I can get a new copy of ME2 for approx $15. If I buy that PSN version of ME1 for PS3 at $15 that comes to a whopping $40. Without the DLC rounding out this package $60 is just expecting consumers to pay you an extra $20 for a box. And does anyone like these fold out boxes? I'm much happier with either a case that hold multiple discs or multiple cases. These fancy paper fold out things are annoying as hell.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

1. Re: Mass Effect 3 Patch This Week; ME Trilogy Details Oct 3, 2012, 10:35 Rattlehead

So basically you still gotta pay $40 for the good DLCs from the second.  

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo