Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Carrier Command: Gaea Mission Patch

The Carrier Command: Gaea Mission Website now features a new patch to update the just-released action remake to version 1.02. The patch is mirrored on AtomicGamer and The Patches Scrolls, and here's the change list:

• Save game corruption bug fixed.
  • Improved stability.
  • Various Walrus AI improvements.
  • Numerous Localization fixes
  • Various campaign script fixes and improvements.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Carrier Command: Gaea Mission Patch Oct 3, 2012, 18:55 Creston

Keith wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 17:17:
Hostile Waters: Anteaus Rising has come and gone on GOG.com. I bought it a couple of years back. Apparently the rights slipped into some sort of digital fugue so they had to stop selling it. My understanding, based on this and other games on GOG that have had the same thing happen, is that they are pretty much lost forever unless the rights are re-acquired at considerable cost.
As far as Carrier Command goes, reviews and posts are tormentingi t mercilessly. Hopefull somewhere down the line BIS will get their shit together and fix it.

Huh, GOG must be getting tired of me whining about it then. Damn that I missed it. I still have the old CD version, but I had some difficulty getting it to read the last time I tried to install it. I love replaying that game every two years or so.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Carrier Command: Gaea Mission Patch Oct 3, 2012, 17:17 Keith

Hostile Waters: Anteaus Rising has come and gone on GOG.com. I bought it a couple of years back. Apparently the rights slipped into some sort of digital fugue so they had to stop selling it. My understanding, based on this and other games on GOG that have had the same thing happen, is that they are pretty much lost forever unless the rights are re-acquired at considerable cost.
As far as Carrier Command goes, reviews and posts are tormentingi t mercilessly. Hopefull somewhere down the line BIS will get their shit together and fix it.

8. Re: Carrier Command: Gaea Mission Patch Oct 3, 2012, 12:45 Creston

If you want a far better remake than this, play Hostile Waters. It's a dozen years old, but still holds up well. It has good AI (on both sides), awesome missions, and is a pretty difficult game that'll easily last you a dozen hours if not quite a bit more. (A playthrough typically takes me around 20 hours, but I easily take 2 to 3 hours on some of the later islands.)

I've been bugging GOG about putting it in their collection for awhile now.

Creston

7. Re: Carrier Command: Gaea Mission Patch Oct 3, 2012, 09:51 eRe4s3r

Wonder why that was never spliced with walrus ;p "Bucket? Walrus don't care!"  

6. Re: Carrier Command: Gaea Mission Patch Oct 3, 2012, 07:48 7.62WorldOrder

BIS's engine has had total garbage pathfinding since Operation Flashpoint. It's always been garbage, they've just never improved it. Same with the animations, they were garbage until recently in ArmaII, but even now they are only passable.  

5. Re: Carrier Command: Gaea Mission Patch Oct 3, 2012, 04:30 Jerykk

For some reason I had to think of the walrus meme..... sorry (And If there isn't a walrus don't care meme, there should be.. )

I believe you're referring to the Honey Badger Doesn't Give a Shit meme.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2012, 00:18 Rigs

This thing's bug-ridden shit. Unless you like to play with bug-ridden shit, I suggest you wait until it's discounted to near nothing...which considering the reaction it's getting, shouldn't be too long. I mean, why? How? WHY!?! It had SO much potential...grrrr...another of my childhood dreams crushed like so many dandelions under a crashing walrus..

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

3. Re: Carrier Command: Gaea Mission Patch Oct 2, 2012, 23:55 Prez

The reviews Of Carrier Command all state that it suffers from really bad pathfinding. Being that this is a major pet peeve of mine I'm probably going to give it a pass despite it being on my radar for a while.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

2. Re: Carrier Command: Gaea Mission Patch Oct 2, 2012, 22:40 Slashman

I was actually tempted to get this game...but I think I'm going to happily give it a wide birth. Especially considering what I've been seeing of the reviews.

I really don't mind a difficult game or one that requires you to think carefully...but it seems that playing this is much more frustrating than it should be.

1. Re: Carrier Command: Gaea Mission Patch Oct 2, 2012, 22:07 eRe4s3r

The Walrus improvement being that they still blow up if they ram a cactus.... get stuck in an eternal ballet dance around a waypoint they may well never reach and fail to reach the "resupply" depot and instead drive down a cliff and explode... and walls? Walrus don't care, full speed ahead till ya hit it with head.....

Ah.. there must be some weird causality whenever BIS and VEHICLE AI are involved in a game together. I mean.. ARMA 2 was bad (driving AI) but this.. this takes the cake

Walrusses do not drive over bridges.. noo.. they drive next to them.. even if that bridge spans a canyon. Walrus don't care.

For some reason I had to think of the walrus meme..... sorry (And If there isn't a walrus don't care meme, there should be.. )

Edit: Gee, who'd ever thought typing walrus that often was this difficult

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 2012, 22:35.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo