Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Guild Wars 2 Patched

The Guild Wars 2 Website has details on a new patch that's now live in Guild Wars 2, ArenaNet's MMORPG sequel. The notes outline a bunch of bug fixes and class-specific balance changes, as well as a couple of changes to address OS X issues.

View
45 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

25. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Oct 2, 2012, 15:47 Dades

Still playing it, still loving it. Best $60 I've spent in a long time.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Oct 2, 2012, 15:25 Muscular Beaver

I just started it. Only played a few hours and am only level 6.
The game feels very nice (except for the movement/camera input lag) and is MUCH more challenging than WoW so far.
I dont get many things yet, for example I seem to be leveling very slow, or be unable to kill mobs higher than 2 levels than me, or generally have not clue what some random sounds mean or other stuff that I get, but its still a lot of fun. I havent explored a lot at all. The game feels very new still.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

23. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Oct 2, 2012, 15:23 Tim Collins

I turned 80 and instantly got bored, I'v explored everything, besides crafting theres nothing to do of significance. Theres no character progression which seems kidna pointless when u have to get to level 80, why does it stop there....abilities are static, you can never get new ones, I don't see any kind of percs, wvw seems pointless....they need to do some more work before I start playin again...if I wanted instant action I'd play QuakeLive some more.  

22. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Oct 2, 2012, 14:40 Jivaro

Bucky wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 14:33:
Creston wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 14:11:
Then again, Dishonored and Xcom are right around the corner.

Creston

I've been needing a good turn-based fix for awhile now; I'll probably forget to eat for about a week after XCOM comes out.

I hope XCOM is that good. Not only would I love to play a good XCOM game again...but I could stand to lose some weight!

21. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Oct 2, 2012, 14:33 Bucky

Creston wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 14:11:

Creston

I've been needing a good turn-based fix for awhile now; I'll probably forget to eat for about a week after XCOM comes out.

20. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Oct 2, 2012, 14:11 Creston

Bucky wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 11:31:
I still am. It's not the all-consuming game it was for the first month, but I'm still on regularly. That's the nice thing about no monthly subscription; I don't feel compelled to play every day.

Here, here. I usually log in for an hour or so to do get my daily achievements for the XP. Been too busy with BL2 to play much GW2, but otoh, I'm getting kinda bored with BL2.

Creston

19. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Oct 2, 2012, 13:49 SimplyMonk

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 13:30:
Of course, my BL2 time has suffered. And I really want to play RE6, but my backlog is so huge right now.

You might want to pretend RE6 doesn't exist from what I've been reading.

REVIEW

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 2012, 13:56.

18. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Oct 2, 2012, 13:37 Jivaro

Verno wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 13:06:
Jivaro wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 13:04:
Still playing. Still digging it.

I'm taking a few weeks off to play BL2 and TL2 but then I'll be right back to it. That's really the great thing about games like this, I don't feel obligated to play and get my moneys worth or whatever. I just login, have fun, logout and go do other stuff. With WoW, UO and etc I always felt like if I was paying X dollars a month that I should be playing it more.

Exactly. There is also the whole "only so much time in a day" thing. Subscriptions are rarely bank breakers, but if you find yourself rarely playing for a month or two because of other titles, your job, family stuff...whatever...it is hard for me personally to keep paying a sub. The quality of Guild Wars 2 balanced with the flexibility it gives me is what I appreciate the most about it.

17. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Oct 2, 2012, 13:30 Agent.X7

Verno wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 10:48:
Fixed a bug that was automatically killing players as they entered Sharkmaw Caverns in Lionís Arch.

Noooo, that was the best bug! I loved seeing new people try to find the right falling spot to start that.

I hate you.

(Yes, I did that several times before I figured out it must be broken.)

Glad my Charr is going to stop screaming like a bitch every time I drop 2 feet off a rock. Funny at first, really annoying after 2 weeks.

Still playing. I put in some time just about every day. Not because I feel I have to, but because I genuinely love this game. I tried to play some MoP, but I just cannot stand the combat in WoW after playing GW2. My WoW time has been relegated to pet battles between customers. (When I'm not sneaking in GW2 gathering/crafting time.)

Of course, my BL2 time has suffered. And I really want to play RE6, but my backlog is so huge right now. I still haven't finished Skyrim or Reckoning or AssCreedBro or Revalations, or Sabatuer or...

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

16. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Oct 2, 2012, 13:06 Verno

Jivaro wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 13:04:

I'm taking a few weeks off to play BL2 and TL2 but then I'll be right back to it. That's really the great thing about games like this, I don't feel obligated to play and get my moneys worth or whatever. I just login, have fun, logout and go do other stuff. With WoW, UO and etc I always felt like if I was paying X dollars a month that I should be playing it more.

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

15. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Oct 2, 2012, 13:04 Jivaro

14. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Oct 2, 2012, 12:58 SimplyMonk

Fixed a bug that caused charr characters to enter a state where any fall resulted in a long falling yell.
Awwww... My Char is no longer scared of heights.

Profession bundle weapons (engineer kits, elementalist conjure skills, warrior banners) can now save their autoattack status.

Love this so much. Was really annoying to have to keep re-enabling it.

Elixir X: This skill now gains a duration increase from both the Inventions trait Elite Supplies and the Alchemy trait Potent Elixirs.

Yay! Nothing I like more than turning into a Tornado and throwing people around.

13. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Oct 2, 2012, 12:49 LittleMe

Verno wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 12:42:
BobBob wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 12:40:
Is this game as good as Torchlight 2?

It's a totally different kind of experience, can't really compare them IMHO. It's well worth the money if you like MMOs at all but if you don't like MMOs then I wouldn't bother.

Agreed. Or put another way... GW2 is a vastly bigger game. Doesn't necessarily mean better, just bigger. Much bigger production values. But yeah, they don't compare well at all.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

12. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Oct 2, 2012, 12:42 Verno

BobBob wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 12:40:

It's a totally different kind of experience, can't really compare them IMHO. It's well worth the money if you like MMOs at all but if you don't like MMOs then I wouldn't bother.

11. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Oct 2, 2012, 12:40 BobBob

10. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Oct 2, 2012, 12:28 sauron

Verno wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 11:50:
Anyone who plays a Necro as a main here? Curious to see what they think of those changes, I know that class was really in need of some tuning.

I'd like to know this as well. Main is currently a Guardian, and I also have an Elementalist. Mesmer and Necromancer both look creepy-cool but I heard the latter is a bit underpowered.

Kittens!

9. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Oct 2, 2012, 12:22 sauron

Wolfox wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 12:07:
Axis wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 11:28:
How many of you Bluesies are still actively engaged with GW2?

I'm still playing regularly, and I have no plans to stop in the foreseeable future.

^This. I'm on most days for a couple of hours and will be doing the same for the foreseeable future. Really like the game, it's great. My guild plays LOTRO and GW2 and we all use Teamspeak, and people jump between the two games all the time, it's pretty fun.

I did take a couple of evenings to play with the new version of SS2 (which is freaking awesome, especially with the Rebirth high-poly model mod added to it). I'll probably do the same with Morroblivion. But my default at the moment is definitely GW2.

Kittens!

8. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Oct 2, 2012, 12:07 Wolfox

Axis wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 11:28:
How many of you Bluesies are still actively engaged with GW2?

I'm still playing regularly, and I have no plans to stop in the foreseeable future.

7. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Oct 2, 2012, 11:51 Acleacius

I haven't played in about week maybe two, so frustrated with the broken economy. I'm afraid Arenanet might have ruined the game by waiting so long to get the TP working. Everyone had such a huge backlog of crap which flooded the system. People are selling crap 1 copper over the price and it takes at least TWO coppers as a listing fee. Not only that, people could just sell it to the vendor and get the same damn price and get the money NOW.

Normally it's not bad to have a few items at low prices, trying to help n00bs get a little gear and get into the swing of things. This is completely different, 100s of thousands of items. This could become a disaster.

I know this one sounds minor but to anyone who bothers with dyes it's completely ridiculous we still can't Right-Click Preview dyes or GEAR for the matter on the TP, but vendors and banks...no problem. Dyes cost up to 5 gold each, which is a huge amount without being able to see the damn thing, with some gear 15g or more.

I'm still undecided on how I feel about a game you can hit level 80 and never leave the n00b zone. It's just weird.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

6. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Oct 2, 2012, 11:50 Verno

Anyone who plays a Necro as a main here? Curious to see what they think of those changes, I know that class was really in need of some tuning.  

45 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo