Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

More Project Eternity Goals

The Kickstarter for Project Eternity announces further goals for Obsidian Entertainment's upcoming role-playing game. With the fundraiser passing the 50,000 backer plateau, they reveal a new backer reward: "a new dungeon experience" for the game called The Endless Paths of Od Nua. They also reveal a new $2.4 million stretch goal as well as new add-on aspects of the campaign, including the ability for backers to separately add an early access beta code or a digital strategy guide to their reward package.

View
54 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

54. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 5, 2012, 13:20 John

nin wrote on Oct 5, 2012, 13:08:
KS won't. Since PP takes the money instantly, that goes against their policy (since KS only takes fund once the goal is met).

But the devs could.

But once the KS funding has been met, even if it hasn't ended yet, they could open up PP funding. But anyways, I just meant Obsidian's PP site should have its own total for PP backers. It would be nice to see how much has been paid that way.

This space is available for rent
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

53. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 5, 2012, 13:08 nin

Creston wrote on Oct 5, 2012, 11:14:
John wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 08:20:
Yeah, that's good but I wish they had a running total of PayPal donors on that page too so we'd get an idea where things are.

I'm not sure why KS would bother spending money to implement that?

Creston

KS won't. Since PP takes the money instantly, that goes against their policy (since KS only takes fund once the goal is met).

But the devs could.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

52. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 5, 2012, 11:14 Creston

Yeah, that's good but I wish they had a running total of PayPal donors on that page too so we'd get an idea where things are.

I'm not sure why KS would bother spending money to implement that?

Creston

51. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 4, 2012, 09:33 John

nin wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 09:07:
Wish all KS did that...

If KS would just have Paypal as an option from the beginning it would be even better!

50. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 4, 2012, 09:07 nin

Wish all KS did that...

49. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 4, 2012, 08:20 John

48. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 4, 2012, 07:29 peteham

For Project Eternity specifically, you can now use PayPal instead of Amazon, but this happens completely outside Kickstarter as their latest update describes:
First things first: our PayPal is now set up and ready to use! If you'd like to back the project using PayPal, you can do from the Project Eternity homepage at Obsidian:

http://eternity.obsidian.net/

Please note that pledges made through PayPal will not show up on our Kickstarter page, though we will count them toward stretch goals at the end of the campaign.

47. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 3, 2012, 13:25 nin

Creston wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 13:14:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 20:05:
Creston wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 19:31:
(Papa John's too, the moron. At least get some GOOD pizza, asshole!)
You've apparently never eaten pizza in Canada before, papa john's is awesome compared to the crap we have here(like pizza pizza blargh or 241 pizza). Except for a few small places, one shop comes to mind in Woodstock, Ont called Tony's Pizza and Pasta. The guy who owns it makes excellent pizza along with calzone and panzarotti, while making all their own noodles onsite for anything else. I try to eat there when ever I drive through, maybe every 2-5mo.

If Papa John's is considered awesome pizza in Canada (and their quality is the same as here in the US), I shudder to think what kind of horseshit all other pizza in Canada is...

Papa John's is a SMALL step above Little Ceasar's or Cici's, but not by much. They're probably the worst of the big pizza chains.

Creston

The pizza huts around me are worse, but not by much...

46. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 3, 2012, 13:14 Creston

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 20:05:
You've apparently never eaten pizza in Canada before, papa john's is awesome compared to the crap we have here(like pizza pizza blargh or 241 pizza). Except for a few small places, one shop comes to mind in Woodstock, Ont called Tony's Pizza and Pasta. The guy who owns it makes excellent pizza along with calzone and panzarotti, while making all their own noodles onsite for anything else. I try to eat there when ever I drive through, maybe every 2-5mo.

If Papa John's is considered awesome pizza in Canada (and their quality is the same as here in the US), I shudder to think what kind of horseshit all other pizza in Canada is...

Papa John's is a SMALL step above Little Ceasar's or Cici's, but not by much. They're probably the worst of the big pizza chains.

Creston

45. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 2, 2012, 22:17 John

Paranoid Jack wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 21:16:
I was in for 35 but think I will up it to 140. What can I say I'm a fanboi. This whole thing sounds like we have stepped into a time machine. And I love that they have already hinted at making this an on going IP.
I was at the $20 level originally but went up to the $140 tier a week ago. I like all the physical goodies it comes with. Every update they post gets me even more excited about this game!

44. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 2, 2012, 21:50 eRe4s3r

Fair enough, then they could make it an option as soon as the project made its 100% goal and it'd be fine too. But for sake of argument, paypal actually allows you to do that in a sort of way. You can request payment after all. And when the one wanting the money does this is his choice. So basically you don't "literally" pledge via paypal, you simply need a confirmed paypal account and "pledge" ie, you declare you are willing to give this and that amount .. Then, once the period is up and the goal is reached, the Kickstarter requests payment and gets funds.

It would require you coding a custom payment system... Although I don't see how this is any different from how Amazon Payments does it. One thing is for sure, Kickstarter is large enough to have someone at Paypal listen to their requests and questions on how to best facilitate the system if they really wanted to ;p

The only reason I (half) know how this could work, is because certain kickstarter "clones" support paypal sort of like that.

That said, once paypal is up for this I'll be supporting this as well. It just doesn't count into the kickstart totals until way at the end... ;/

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 2012, 22:42.

43. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 2, 2012, 21:23 nin

Paranoid Jack wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 21:16:
I was in for 35 but think I will up it to 140. What can I say I'm a fanboi. This whole thing sounds like we have stepped into a time machine. And I love that they have already hinted at making this an on going IP.

Yeah, I'm in at $20 as a placeholder, and I'd be surprised if I don't hop to $140 by the end. Don't really have the cash, but I'll make it work, some how.

42. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 2, 2012, 21:16 Paranoid Jack

41. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 2, 2012, 20:20 spindoctor

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 11:15:
You'd think with every major project starting their own paypal sub-payment system outside of Amazon Payments Kickstarter would figure out that maybe.. just maybe.. just offering Amazon Payments is not the best choice.

So this discussion thread went off in strange directions :D. To answer this question though, I believe they stick with Amazon payments because it is the only service which allows pledging of amounts that can be extracted from the user at a certain later date. Paypal does not offer this option, and they would have to pull the money immediately when the pledge was made, which is contrary to their philosophy of only taking money if the Kickstarter is successful.

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

40. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 2, 2012, 20:05 Mashiki Amiketo

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

39. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 2, 2012, 19:42 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 17:33:
I agree, I wish the US would go to a more secure CC system. Even having a PIN code with a CC would be a huge improvement, but nope.

Man I've been screaming that one for years. It's like they really do want the fraud. They probably get some gov't kickback this way. It's a joke, I'd love to add a pin. My wife got her cards stolen once, they wouldn't have got shite if we had pins on cards. STUPID!

Creston

38. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 2, 2012, 19:31 Creston

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 18:18:
Ahhh, I see. My mistake. I agree, I wish the US would go to a more secure CC system. Even having a PIN code with a CC would be a huge improvement, but nope. Let's just have the type of card where if you get hold of someone else's card, you can just buy whatever the fuck you want until they block it.

Retarded system.

Creston
Cheers man, no mistake. We just use the same names for different stuff, my mistake for not being clear. Our CC's up here are all chipped now. So, you need to use a pin with them as well. Apparently you guys should start seeing chipped cards though it might take a few more years. I guess it all depends on how bad the fraud gets down there. There was a really big push up here when fraud hit 15% on the old cards and they went from a 5 year switch over to 3 years.

It'll be nice, really nice.

Yeah, tell me about it. I've twice had to cancel cards due to weird-ass charges. I was never liable for them, fortunately, but it's still fucking stupid that a card registered to a person in Oklahoma, can be used to buy fucking PIZZA in New Jersey...

Creston

37. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 2, 2012, 18:18 Mashiki Amiketo

Ahhh, I see. My mistake. I agree, I wish the US would go to a more secure CC system. Even having a PIN code with a CC would be a huge improvement, but nope. Let's just have the type of card where if you get hold of someone else's card, you can just buy whatever the fuck you want until they block it.

Retarded system.

Creston
Cheers man, no mistake. We just use the same names for different stuff, my mistake for not being clear. Our CC's up here are all chipped now. So, you need to use a pin with them as well. Apparently you guys should start seeing chipped cards though it might take a few more years. I guess it all depends on how bad the fraud gets down there. There was a really big push up here when fraud hit 15% on the old cards and they went from a 5 year switch over to 3 years.

It'll be nice, really nice.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

36. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 2, 2012, 18:03 Mr. Tact

I agree -- I don't even think it is a long list.

Now, please convince my credit union to not charge me for it and to buy/build an application that isn't brain dead.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

35. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 2, 2012, 17:53 Creston

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 17:39:
Yes, it does.

I did point out I would do it electronically if the financial institutions would stop trying to make money off it and gave me a reasonable application to do it with. Most of my IRL friends use electronic banking to pay their bills (it's been a topic of conversation before).

As long as you make sure to type the URL in directly (don't follow a link), make sure it's secured, run Win 7 with all the security updates and make sure there's no malware on your system, AND have a good secure password, it really is no danger. (I know, that actually does seem like a really crazy long list.)

We've been paying bills online for six years or so, and I've never really had any issues.

Creston

54 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo