Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

More Project Eternity Goals

The Kickstarter for Project Eternity announces further goals for Obsidian Entertainment's upcoming role-playing game. With the fundraiser passing the 50,000 backer plateau, they reveal a new backer reward: "a new dungeon experience" for the game called The Endless Paths of Od Nua. They also reveal a new $2.4 million stretch goal as well as new add-on aspects of the campaign, including the ability for backers to separately add an early access beta code or a digital strategy guide to their reward package.

View
54 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

14. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 2, 2012, 14:57 Mr. Tact

It's required for pay to go to the Giro account? Or it's just required to be electronic?

I've been getting paid electronically since 1988, but it is directly to my credit union. And I tell them which accounts to put the money to.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 2, 2012, 14:38 eRe4s3r

Well if that works for you were you live then I envy you ;p Most of the time I have to pay with EC card simply because.. everything else is way to bothersome. The next ATM is like half an hour drive away. I even withdraw cash directly in larger shopping malls (They have a system for this here..) so I buy stuff, and withdraw cash right there when paying.

You shouldn't forget either that in Germany all wages are electronically transferred to this giro account. You can't actually get paid without one (hence everyone having one, you actually have a legal right to a giro account here and hence everybody has a EC/Giro card). This is mainly why this Amazon Payments system confuses me so. You'd think Amazon of all people would know that Germans pay with a certain kind of cards, and they are not credit cards (you never ever pay on credit with a card like this, it's instant money transfer, though you can go INTO debt (automatically, up to a certain limit) should you pay more than you have on your bank account).

I use paypal mostly to get paid, heh (as freelancer, any other way is absurdly difficult). In cases like mine, there is no way around Paypal.

12. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 2, 2012, 14:09 Mr. Tact

Interesting. As a curmudgeon, I've never had an ATM card or debit card. I carry cash and I get my cash by cashing paper checks at the institution I bank with(specifically a local credit union). I do use credit cards, but mostly for online purchases. I do have a paypal account, but no other electronic money.

11. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 2, 2012, 12:20 eRe4s3r

Yeah that's because I am silly, it's called a Giro Card now ;p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_cash

Actually.... I have to admit I got a new EC/Giro card recently, maybe it's supported by Amazon Payments now (That is, prevously my bank did not issue meastra/EC mixed cards).. huh that'd be kinda hilarious. I will go check this now ,p

Edit. no, doesn't work. ;(

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 2012, 12:35.

10. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 2, 2012, 12:14 Mr. Tact

A bit off topic but... I'm confused. I went to educate myself on what an "EC card" was and found something called a EuroCheque Card, but they seem to be considered obsolete? So, could you educate this ignorant US citizen on what you are talking about...  

9. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 2, 2012, 12:09 eRe4s3r

Zyrxil wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 11:18:
Why isn't Amazon payments a good choice? Granted Paypal probably has a higher userbase of people who use it for sending payments, but given all the horror stories about Paypal, and the fact that the userbase of 'people who've ever bought something on Amazon' is quite large, it doesn't seem like a bad choice at all.

I said "Just offering Amazon Payments is maybe not the best choice"

And while I agree that paypal .. has questionable integrity, my point is that "just" offering Amazon Payments is preventing anyone who doesn't have a credit card or who lives in a blacklisted country (blacklisted by Amazon payments, that is) from actually supporting a Kickstarter project.

Sure it may just be 10% or something. But those 10% would be 240k$ for this project, that now are siphoning into paypal via a backdoor, behind Kickstarters grasp, so to speak. Just think if you want max funding potential. not offering paypal (or really any other major payment provider) is a pretty silly thing to do...

I just think it'd be better if Amazon Payments was not the only choice.

8. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 2, 2012, 11:45 eRe4s3r

Well, it is not a good choice for me

1) HEFTY Currency conversion fees
2) Most Germans have EC cards, and can pay with them everywhere, except on Amazon Payments. (I am not even making that up, every payment service EXCEPT amazon payments supports EC Payment or an alternative (Bank/Google Wallet))
3) Here, there are no free credit cards. (Here meaning, it is regionally very different and depending on what bank you have an account with. The bank I am on, demands 20€ usage fee for a credit card) and links it to my bank account... which means i'd be paying 20€ for a card I already have for free (EC Card) to get a function (MasterCard) I can't use anywhere. All stores I regularly shop in don't accept credit cards, only EC Cards or actual cash.

And speaking of Paypal, I am not asking for paypal (It's just that everyone uses it here ,p), it would be neat if they (Kickstarter/Amazon Payments) would simply accept EC payments, like every other damn internet payment provider in existence! But since Amazon Payments does not. I can not use it. Also, here in Germany, nearly nobody uses Amazon Payments to pay on Amazon. Why would you, you can pay (on amazon.de) with your EC card via Giro bank account. This is what every German has by default, your first start in living here as an adult with money, is having a giro bank account and a EC card. A credit card you seriously do not ever need in this country.

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 2012, 11:54.

7. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 2, 2012, 11:20 John

I'm sure it'll be good!
Bet wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 11:00:
Curious to see how many levels of that Endless Paths we get. 20 if they keep on track. Would end up making that tower in the first Baldur's Gate expansion look small.
Yeah, it should be a huge dungeon/cave!

This space is available for rent

6. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 2, 2012, 11:19 Verno

Zyrxil wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 11:18:
Why isn't Amazon payments a good choice? Granted Paypal probably has a higher userbase of people who use it for sending payments, but given all the horror stories about Paypal, and the fact that the userbase of 'people who've ever bought something on Amazon' is quite large, it doesn't seem like a bad choice at all.

Agreed, Paypal is a shitty company and I'd much rather be dealing with Amazon.

Playing: Alien Isolation, Legend of Grimrock 2, Super Mario 3D World
Watching: A Good Marriage, The Knick, Gotham

5. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 2, 2012, 11:18 Zyrxil

4. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 2, 2012, 11:15 eRe4s3r

You'd think with every major project starting their own paypal sub-payment system outside of Amazon Payments Kickstarter would figure out that maybe.. just maybe.. just offering Amazon Payments is not the best choice.

I am really happy this gets so much funding though. Let's see whether it really was only Publishers to blame with Obsidian story clichés, or if they really can do things uniquely and fresh

3. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 2, 2012, 11:00 Bet

Curious to see how many levels of that Endless Paths we get. 20 if they keep on track. Would end up making that tower in the first Baldur's Gate expansion look small.  

2. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 2, 2012, 10:38 Mr. Tact

Enchanting and crafting could be a total win or total suck. Let's think positive, hope it makes $2.4m and it turns out to be awesome in the game.  

1. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 2, 2012, 10:32 nin

Blew past 2.2 last night...lookin good!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

54 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo