Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Somebody in the forums joked about this yesterday, but it may indeed be true that the secret ingredient in my coffee has been coffee grinder, as when I glued the broken pieces of our broken grinder back together, there was a small portion of plastic missing, and the most logical conclusion is that it was ground up and mixed with the coffee along the way. Here's hoping the filter caught most of it. Undeterred by this revelation, I managed to get the grinder fixed, and it no longer requires something pressing down on it to get it to work, so the break must have been the cause of that. Oddly, the hardest part of the job was cleaning it all up, as the oil in the grounds created a sort of coffee cement in various areas that required an amazing amount of work to clean out.

R.I.P.: Babylon 5 Star Michael O'Hare Dies.

Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Orange Gravity 2.
Stories: Seth MacFarlane to host 85th Academy Awards.
Oregon farmer eaten by his pigs. Hannibal Lecter still at large.
Texas Driver Accused of Crashing $1M Bugatti for Insurance.
Science: Former Apple, NASA engineers wed to brew up insanely-great coffee.
The $1 billion mission to reach the Earth's mantle. Thanks Slashdot.
Scientists ask for legal safeguards to keep their work out of court.
Media: The Taiwanese Animation of Justin Bieber Vomiting Is Amazing. Thanks nin.
Hexaflexagons. Thanks Max-Ray.
Level 99 Skater.
Drifting With Female Senior Citizen.
The Funnies: Dilbert.

View
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

15. Re: B5 Stars are going out Oct 2, 2012, 14:37 Verno

edaciousx wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 14:14:
Zathras also passed away from the show... Very depressing. I wish they would bring this show back in some form as well as re-release it in Bluray :/.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Choate

Some fans sent JMS an email asking about that a year or two ago. He basically said that there was a lot of difficulty transferring it to a high definition format and that they would need to remaster a lot of stuff that is no longer possible due to the CG models and effects props being lost. His contract is also so shitty that any money made would go to them before he would ever see a penny (he was a big time victim of Hollywood Accounting).

I had no idea how successful Babylon 5 was BTW, apparently the franchise has grossed over 1 billion dollars for WB.

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 2012, 14:50.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: B5 Stars are going out Oct 2, 2012, 14:14 edaciousx

Zathras also passed away from the show... Very depressing. I wish they would bring this show back in some form as well as re-release it in Bluray :/.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Choate

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2012, 13:53 netnerd85

Verno wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 10:46:
Sucks about Michael O'Hare, I always thought it was really classy that he came back to do various important story appearances for Babylon 5.
I'm a late to the Bab5 party but Michael is/was my favourite station Commander. Just feel the character and the actor fit the job better. Sad news indeed!

12. Re: B5 Stars are going out Oct 2, 2012, 13:47 ASeven

Que_Ball wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 12:39:
Seems to be that being one of the main actors in Babylon 5 is bad for your health. A bunch of those actors have died over the years since it ended.

Richard Biggs Died 2004 (Played Dr. Franklin)
Andreas Katsulas Died 2006 (Played G'Kar)
Jeff Conaway Died 2011 (Played Zack Allan)
and now
Michael O'Hare Died 2012 (Played Cmdr. Sinclair)

Oh man I wasn't aware of this, I knew about Biggs but nobody else. Damn.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2012, 13:11 Jivaro

I have had a couple of different espresso machines, and my biggest problem with them has been clean-up. High maintenance appliances kind of takes the point out of getting a machine. I mean, there is nothing convenient about the average espresso machine for an individual. I see how they are awesome for a business like Starbucks or Peet's, but I found that using one at home didn't save me any time and in fact created more of a mess then using a hand press and grinder.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2012, 12:58 Fang

I used to grind my own coffee and hand press my own espresso. I could make excellent cups, but it just took way too much time and attention to detail.

My office got a Keurig and I went ahead and got one for home too. I haven't looked back. Sure, I don't get the amazing cups that I used to get. But I don't also get the crappy cups when I screw up the press. Instead, I get a consistently good cup without having to make a whole pot of coffee. At first it seemed more expensive per cup, but it ended up being less expensive per day since I don't make a whole pot anymore.

9. Re: Jusin Bieber Oct 2, 2012, 12:44 Verno

ASeven wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 12:00:
Ah damn, Captain Sinclair is gone. B5 is still my favorite sci-fi show and it's a shame to lose him. RIP.

I wish every show had the kind of attention to detail and plot continuity that show did. When you hear about how JMS storyboarded the whole thing years in advance it makes a lot of sense, there were plotlines in the first season that didn't pay off until the fourth even. B5 was such a remarkable show, it's a shame the production values will probably keep many potentials away. Hopefully Netflix and word of mouth keep it alive for another few generations of sci-fi fans.

I think that one hit me the hardest, love his character

8. B5 Stars are going out Oct 2, 2012, 12:39 Que_Ball

Seems to be that being one of the main actors in Babylon 5 is bad for your health. A bunch of those actors have died over the years since it ended.

Richard Biggs Died 2004 (Played Dr. Franklin)
Jeff Conaway Died 2011 (Played Zack Allan)
and now
Michael O'Hare Died 2012 (Played Cmdr. Sinclair)

7. Re: Jusin Bieber Oct 2, 2012, 12:00 ASeven

Ah damn, Captain Sinclair is gone. B5 is still my favorite sci-fi show and it's a shame to lose him. RIP.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2012, 11:43 xXBatmanXx

How did you guys do this week?
I went 9-5, not great, but been a weird year.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2012, 11:43 Bet

Don't worry, Blue. We average plastic intake daily. Not to mention the mystery pollution ingredients we're unaware of.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2012, 11:35 Bucky

Alright, the "Elizabeth Warren, Not who she says she is" political ad is driving me nuts, mostly because it's giving me a noisy pop-up on a regular basis. I don't know how many people see it, as it's a Massachusetts senate race and I'm one of the poor suckers that lives in Mass, but I'd love it if you could pull that ad, Blue.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2012, 10:50 dj LiTh

Verno wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 10:46:
Sucks about Michael O'Hare, I always thought it was really classy that he came back to do various important story appearances for Babylon 5.

Indeed, RIP.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2012, 10:46 Verno

1. Re: Jusin Bieber Oct 2, 2012, 10:46 Bill Borre

I wonder why there are no reports of guys like Jim Morrison and Ozzy Osbourne blowing chunks onstage when the music of those years was more closely associated with partying excess? I guess those guys could handle their liquor better than Bieber can handle his food.  

35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo