Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands 3 Mentioned

Gearbox Software lead writer Anthony Burch mentioned they are already toying with ideas for Borderlands 3 on The Totally Rad Show. This is noted on MP1st, where this relieves their concern that Gearbox "will ever let the fans of Borderlands get to see a third installment of this franchise," since Borderlands 2 shipped almost a full two weeks ago. Thanks VG247.

View
78 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

78. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 2, 2012, 16:21 Creston

PHJF wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 09:19:
Btw, if anyone's curious to know how far Goliaths can level up, I found out tonight. A level 24 Goliath finally turned into a level 28 Ultimate Badass Raging Goliath.

There's another one after that.

Isn't it like Final GODliath or something? I think it may only happen in PT2 though? That one Goliath was out there zerging loaders like nobody's business and he stayed stuck on Ultimate Badass for minutes. (he got there in a real hurry.)

Creton

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

77. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 2, 2012, 16:16 Creston

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 09:28:
Dades wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 18:09:
jacobvandy wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 16:13:
Well, Creston, I don't know what to say except sorry for your apparently excessive bad luck in finding items you don't want to use.

Reading about all of the people complaining about drops makes it seem like you are just having good luck. You're one of the few people I've seen be happy with that part of the game.

Well, all of the people like to complain. The drops are way better in this game and scale nicely with your level. I am constantly finding new stuff to use.

I think people are just crybabies and want a super awesome weapon they can have forever - which isn't going ot happen.

Yeah, that's exactly it, Bats. Rolleyes

Creston

76. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 2, 2012, 12:33 xXBatmanXx

BL2 26.00 here: http://www.kumbaso.com/

Buy at your own risk!

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

75. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 2, 2012, 09:38 Verno

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 09:28:
I think people are just crybabies and want a super awesome weapon they can have forever - which isn't going ot happen.

Nah sounds like you just don't understand the complaints, wait until you're ~20 and keep seeing the same things over and over. I want a better variety of drops, I don't want to keep seeing the same 30 gun variations for 50 levels. It would be nice if they would revisit the modifiers too, I don't want half of the guns to use multiple ammo per shot for example.

People don't want to keep using the same guns, they want to continually upgrade through and collect a variety of interesting weapons. They really messed up the RNG loot in this, for an example of doing it properly see Torchlight 2. The drop rates certainly haven't helped either.

The first games weapon system wasn't perfect by any means, there was little differentiation between manufacturers and rocket launchers were balls. This game improves on a lot of that but also makes a new set of mistakes which is a bit frustrating as loot collection is what drives the game.

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 2012, 09:57.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland

74. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 2, 2012, 09:28 xXBatmanXx

Dades wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 18:09:
Well, Creston, I don't know what to say except sorry for your apparently excessive bad luck in finding items you don't want to use.

Reading about all of the people complaining about drops makes it seem like you are just having good luck. You're one of the few people I've seen be happy with that part of the game.

Well, all of the people like to complain. The drops are way better in this game and scale nicely with your level. I am constantly finding new stuff to use.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

73. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 2, 2012, 09:19 PHJF

Btw, if anyone's curious to know how far Goliaths can level up, I found out tonight. A level 24 Goliath finally turned into a level 28 Ultimate Badass Raging Goliath.

There's another one after that.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

72. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 2, 2012, 09:02 Bhruic

DG wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 08:43:
elemental multiplier tables

Damn, nice find. I knew some of that, but parts of it I wasn't aware of.

71. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 2, 2012, 08:43 DG

elemental multiplier tables

70. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 2, 2012, 06:29 DG

ViRGE wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 01:49:
Is DPS just damage * RoF, or is there more to it? Elemental weapons do so much damage that I'm having a hard time coming up with a reason not to use them, since I can always just switch so a similar weapon of a different element if I run up against someone who resists that one element.
No there's some kind of multiplier if you are using the right elemental weapon for the right enemy, and divisor if you're using the wrong one against something with a resist. Plus the DoT effect.

I'm going to hazard a guess and think that if a weapon rolls elemental it gets a 30-50% raw damage penalty, but using the right element offers around 100% damage bonus even before the DoT.

I think taking an elemental weapon seems a no-brainer mostly because there are not very many non-elemental high-end weapons, especially not with interesting rolls.

I do have a few though and the raw damage does even things up, certainly if other stats get the rolls I like. In fact I think 3 of my main weaps right now are non-elemental, including this utterly insane assault rifle.

69. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 2, 2012, 01:49 ViRGE

Creston wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 13:07:
People have been clamoring for a DPS stat on the weapons, but Gearbox refuses to do it. It's not as if it's secret, their formula for damage has been on the Wiki for ages, but they seem to think that it loses "fun" if people can see the DPS with elemental damage included...

Yeah, it doesn't make sense to me either.

Creston
Is DPS just damage * RoF, or is there more to it? Elemental weapons do so much damage that I'm having a hard time coming up with a reason not to use them, since I can always just switch so a similar weapon of a different element if I run up against someone who resists that one element.

68. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 2, 2012, 01:19 Creston

nin wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 22:33:
Blew past Wilhelm tonight - total pushover with a elec sniper rifle...

Yeah, in single player he's kind of a pussy. It's weird how much worse he is in multi.

And there was a "Super" in there somewhere too, I think. I was too busy running for my life to really get a good look at him.

Creston

67. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 22:33 nin

Blew past Wilhelm tonight - total pushover with a elec sniper rifle...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

66. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 22:18 jacobvandy

PropheT wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 17:45:
Well, Creston, I don't know what to say except sorry for your apparently excessive bad luck in finding items you don't want to use. I've seen plenty of those stats on guns, but they are nowhere near the most dominant in my experience. Although the burst fire is pretty high up there, since all Dahl-brand guns do that. I tend to avoid Hyperion weapons because of their accuracy over time crap, but it's just a preference. I've seen a few that do okay, like pistols where the recoil doesn't degrade fast enough to stop me from firing several clips after the first one with dead-center spread, or shotguns where accuracy doesn't matter too much to begin with.

Hyperion weapons don't degrade accuracy over time, though, they improve; The first shot has greatly reduced accuracy, it's the later ones that have the dead-center spread to them.

The longer you hold the trigger, the more accurate they get. It usually only takes a few bullets to draw a bead on 100% accuracy, so with something like an SMG or AR with a decent sized magazine Hyperion weapons can be pretty good. Unless it's a TMP on auto-fire, the Hyperion pistols are garbage because you're never firing continuously...and even with the TMP's their clip size is never big enough to get a great benefit.

Maybe I wasn't clear in my statements there; I know exactly what Hyperion weapons do, I've used plenty throughout my 100+ hours playing... I referred to recoil getting worse because that's what happens when you stop firing to reload -- the accuracy deteriorates again. Depending on the reload speed of the weapon, that may or may not cause you to have to waste another half a clip like a proverbial Imperial Stormtrooper before getting back on target. I should add that it's also possible to have some success with their sniper rifles, if you can manage the ridiculous scope sway.

65. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 20:10 nin

Kythlyn wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 19:51:
Randy Pitchford, DuvalMagic on Twitter:

"Chill out internet. No one has started working on a sequel to Borderlands 2."

Yeah, I bet someone got told to STFU today.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

64. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 19:51 Kythlyn

Randy Pitchford, DuvalMagic on Twitter:

"Chill out internet. No one has started working on a sequel to Borderlands 2."

63. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 19:43 Parallax Abstraction

My main request for Borderlands 3: Less writing by Anthony Birch. I'm liking the game overall (despite many valid flaws brought up elsewhere in this thread) but listening to some of what he considers comedy makes me feel like my IQ is going down each time. It's just an endless stream of redneck jokes mixed with pop culture references. Not parodies, references, something Duke Nukem Forever was panned for doing. I like Pandora and the type of thing they're going for but his writing is funny and just lazy. It's like a Family Guy episode. I don't mind the type of humour they're going for but the way the game is written just doesn't do it well.

This comment was edited on Oct 1, 2012, 19:52.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

62. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 19:26 theyarecomingforyou

Bhruic wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 19:16:
I've got plenty of Eridium to spend, but nothing I want to spend it on. It's even worse on your second run through - I was expecting to be able to buy more upgrades. Nope.
Bummer. I maxed out my upgrades by Level 30 and was hoping that something else would come along to spend it on.

Bhruic wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 19:16:
Better weapon descriptions. It's really weird, sometimes you'll have a gun that says "uses 3 ammo", and it does, sometimes you'll have a gun use 3 ammo when it doesn't say it does.
Yeah, I came across that. I found what looked like a really awesome shotgun but when I went to use it I found it ended up consuming 4 ammo per shot, which is completely worthless to me. I'd also like it if they had a Diablo III style system where they tell you the amount of damage per second - sure different enemies have different elemental weaknesses but it's simply too hard to compare weapons as it is. Also, weapon accuracy seems to be affected by too many other stats that you can't rely on a weapon with a 98% accuracy actually being accurate - it might wobble a lot or have crazy amounts of recoil. The stats are pretty much the only thing you have to go on and they seem to be incredibly unreliable.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

61. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 1, 2012, 19:20 HorrorScope

Or you have people you always play with and take proper times doing everything. I don't find that particularly all that special.  

60. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 19:19 theyarecomingforyou

The worst sniper I picked up did 1250 damage elemental (pretty good for the level I was at) but consumed two ammo per shot and had burst fire while zoomed - worse still was that despite the stats it really wasn't that accurate. Luckily I picked up a 2250 damage sniper within about 10-15 minutes - no elemental but it was worth it.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

59. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 19:16 Bhruic

I guess I've been lucky, in that since my friend hasn't had time to play recently, my experiences have been all solo, and generally decent. I've got decent loot as I've gone. Sure, I've kept a gun for a number of levels, but that's not because I haven't got a better one, it's because I tend to get attached to a specific style of playing, so if I find a better gun that works slightly differently, I don't necessarily switch.

But I've found lots of purples, plenty of oranges in both my main playthroughs. I've had a bit of "loot disappearing underground" going on, but I don't think anything too serious.

My main annoyances:
Game balance - especially boss fights - seems aimed at multiplayer. Some of them are freaking insanely difficult if you don't terrain exploit. I'm sure they are much easier when you've got someone that can pull you back up if you drop, but if you don't, you're screwed. Same with some of the pure fight challenges (the "survive X waves" ones). You can go 20 minutes through a round, hit a bad streak of luck, and go down with no one that you can kill to get back up. And so you have to repeat the whole damn thing. Very tedious.

Not enough storage. Ugh. Games never seem to give options for packrats. I tend to hold on to things. I never want to sell a purple or better, for example, even if I'm not going to use it. I might want to give it to another character! (probably not going to happen, but I like to hold on to things anyway) And yes, you can upgrade your bank and personal storage, but only to a point. I can easily fill that space, and have little left. Which is annoying when you like to pick up everything. I've got plenty of Eridium to spend, but nothing I want to spend it on. It's even worse on your second run through - I was expecting to be able to buy more upgrades. Nope.

Better weapon descriptions. It's really weird, sometimes you'll have a gun that says "uses 3 ammo", and it does, sometimes you'll have a gun use 3 ammo when it doesn't say it does. Or sometimes it'll use 3 ammo only part of the time. For example, I was using a Dahl? gun - whichever does the burst-fire when zoomed. When unzoomed, 1 trigger pull uses 1 ammo. When in zoom mode, it does burst-fire, which of course is 3 shots. So it should use 3 ammo, right? Nope, uses 9 ammo. Apparently each burst shot is using 3 ammo for some reason. And of course there's nothing that tells you it does that, I just noticed I tended to run out of ammo faster than I was expecting.

Similar to the above, I'd really like number integration. You get Badass levels that gives you +X% faster, say, reloading. Then you've got a skill that gives you +Y% faster reloading. Then you've got an artifact that gives you +Z% faster reloading. So how fucking fast do I reload a gun? I mean, yes, I know it depends on the gun itself, but why not have the tooltip box actually list the functional reload speed, not just the gun itself?

That's about all the ones that jump into my mind at the moment. I'll probably think of some others later. I should point out that despite the annoyances, I do think the game is pretty damn good.

78 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo