Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands 3 Mentioned

Gearbox Software lead writer Anthony Burch mentioned they are already toying with ideas for Borderlands 3 on The Totally Rad Show. This is noted on MP1st, where this relieves their concern that Gearbox "will ever let the fans of Borderlands get to see a third installment of this franchise," since Borderlands 2 shipped almost a full two weeks ago. Thanks VG247.

View
78 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

58. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 18:51 Creston

Pyloff wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 18:28:
The story is terribly hard to follow since most events happen off screen because I just happen to be in the wrong place, or they already know where to go. So I stopped playing multiplayer.

Other than that pretty decent game.

Yeah, I would recommend a solo playthrough for the stories and ECHO logs and such. If you try to follow the missions in multiplayer, you'll have people turning in your missions, picking up one Echo while another one's already playing, etc etc. I started a solo playthrough because I got tired of missing a bunch of stuff.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

57. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 18:28 Pyloff

Wow a lot of anger in this thread.

I am enjoying the game quite a bit, after I turned my TV to game mode the input lag decreased considerably (yes I'm playing on a PS3, I enjoy shooters from a recliner) I had thought it was broken, but I always forget about the damn TV settings. I'm happy with my load out and weapon drops at this point but I'm only level 17 so nowhere near endgame.

I can't wrap my head around co-op. It seems like it would only be fun in a LAN setting, which would explain some reviews I've seen. I generate much less cash and weapons in public games. I've seen massive amounts of hoovering where items disappear after I thought I had picked them up, I'm guessing from lag. Everyone in a mad dash towards the story mission, or they stand around doing nothing.
The story is terribly hard to follow since most events happen off screen because I just happen to be in the wrong place, or they already know where to go. So I stopped playing multiplayer.

Other than that pretty decent game.

56. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 18:26 panbient

Borderlands 3 sounds cool. But fixing the Badass Ranks in the current game would sound cooler. I know they recognize the problem but I'm not hearing anything about -when- a solution might appear. I don't really care so much about what particular stats I'd boosted more than the amount of points that I'd spent. Heck I'd be happy with a one time option to respec the whole shebang.

Also assault rifles that cost 3 ammo per shot but that shoot little grenades that act like mines if you miss are FREAKING AWESOME!

55. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 18:25 nin

DangerDog wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 17:27:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 17:19:
Alamar wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 15:03:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 14:01:
Here is that WoW reference I mentioned last week. Have another character in the area and took a pic.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=100266453

That doesn't seem WoW related to me...

-Alamar

Then what is it?

I sure hope it's not a hint at the DLC being made for the game.

OK, that made me laugh out loud...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

54. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 18:13 Pyloff

PropheT wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 17:45:
jacobvandy wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 16:13:
Hyperion weapons don't degrade accuracy over time, though, they improve; The first shot has greatly reduced accuracy, it's the later ones that have the dead-center spread to them.

The longer you hold the trigger, the more accurate they get. It usually only takes a few bullets to draw a bead on 100% accuracy, so with something like an SMG or AR with a decent sized magazine Hyperion weapons can be pretty good.

The Hyperion smg's are my favorite weapon. If you don't mind emptying a clip it is enjoyable. I also use the assault rifles quite a bit. Found a few with 70+ ammo capacity. Got a nice one with corrosive makes quick work of armored targets and mobs that charge at me with little down time.

53. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 18:09 Dades

Well, Creston, I don't know what to say except sorry for your apparently excessive bad luck in finding items you don't want to use.

Reading about all of the people complaining about drops makes it seem like you are just having good luck. You're one of the few people I've seen be happy with that part of the game.

52. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 17:45 PropheT

Well, Creston, I don't know what to say except sorry for your apparently excessive bad luck in finding items you don't want to use. I've seen plenty of those stats on guns, but they are nowhere near the most dominant in my experience. Although the burst fire is pretty high up there, since all Dahl-brand guns do that. I tend to avoid Hyperion weapons because of their accuracy over time crap, but it's just a preference. I've seen a few that do okay, like pistols where the recoil doesn't degrade fast enough to stop me from firing several clips after the first one with dead-center spread, or shotguns where accuracy doesn't matter too much to begin with.

Hyperion weapons don't degrade accuracy over time, though, they improve; The first shot has greatly reduced accuracy, it's the later ones that have the dead-center spread to them.

The longer you hold the trigger, the more accurate they get. It usually only takes a few bullets to draw a bead on 100% accuracy, so with something like an SMG or AR with a decent sized magazine Hyperion weapons can be pretty good. Unless it's a TMP on auto-fire, the Hyperion pistols are garbage because you're never firing continuously...and even with the TMP's their clip size is never big enough to get a great benefit.

51. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 17:27 DangerDog

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 17:19:
Here is that WoW reference I mentioned last week. Have another character in the area and took a pic.

-Alamar

Then what is it?

I sure hope it's not a hint at the DLC being made for the game.

50. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 17:21 Creston

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 16:46:
Actually, now that I think about it, I saw that when I started the second playthrough on my main guy... I'm going to start a new one and see if it's accessible right from the get-go.

Edit: Okay, yeah, that's my bad. I thought maybe it triggered upon discovering the vault and stash the first time. But that would make too much sense! So it's more like play a new character for 1-2 hours to get to Sanctuary, THEN transfer the stuff over, lol.

Ah, that's what I thought.

Creston

49. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 17:19 xXBatmanXx

-Alamar

Then what is it?

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

48. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 17:09 DangerDog

nin wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 16:05:

Errr, if you're already all the way to the shield grinder mission, why on earth haven't you bought more slots for your backpack? Earl just sells those, you know? He starts selling them from the very first moment you get access to him. Confused

Creston

Um yeah, look to the right of the screen????? That was the first thing I maxed out...

I didn't even notice that, just concentrated on the main list - derp

oh well, I need the extra ammo capacity more than storage deck uprgrades, overloading your inventory isn't that big of a deal.

47. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 16:46 jacobvandy

Actually, now that I think about it, I saw that when I started the second playthrough on my main guy... I'm going to start a new one and see if it's accessible right from the get-go.

Edit: Okay, yeah, that's my bad. I thought maybe it triggered upon discovering the vault and stash the first time. But that would make too much sense! So it's more like play a new character for 1-2 hours to get to Sanctuary, THEN transfer the stuff over, lol.

This comment was edited on Oct 1, 2012, 16:52.

46. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 16:21 Creston

You can use the vault and stash from Claptrap's place? I didn't know that.

Creston

45. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 16:16 nin

nevermind...

44. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 16:13 jacobvandy

Well, Creston, I don't know what to say except sorry for your apparently excessive bad luck in finding items you don't want to use. I've seen plenty of those stats on guns, but they are nowhere near the most dominant in my experience. Although the burst fire is pretty high up there, since all Dahl-brand guns do that. I tend to avoid Hyperion weapons because of their accuracy over time crap, but it's just a preference. I've seen a few that do okay, like pistols where the recoil doesn't degrade fast enough to stop me from firing several clips after the first one with dead-center spread, or shotguns where accuracy doesn't matter too much to begin with.

nin wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 15:59:
jacobvandy wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 15:55:
The shared stash is not for storage, it's for transfer. You store things in the bank, hence why you can upgrade it to like 20 or so slots. Get on your other character(s), take their stuff out of the shared stash, and put it in their bank until they can use it.

I don't have another character yet. But that doesn't mean I should ignore good drops they can use.

So create one or more new characters, play them for 2 minutes so that you can access the shared stash and bank vault from Claptrap's Place, and transfer them over.

43. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 16:05 nin

Creston wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 16:02:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 15:16:
Fun game, love the humor on some of the missions. The one where you pick up the robot AI brain and place it in another robot body is a good example. Needs more of that.

I can't play the game co-op though because I like to explore every nook and cranny of a map, if there's a ditch that looks like it might go somewhere interesting I'll explore it. I'm also addicted to opening every single box/crate/chest/junk pile I walk by.

Storage slots for weapons is too slow coming, they screwed up the thing where you can expand your ammo carry from "crazy earl" on the black market, who cares about expanding the storage slots for the "bank" - I want more slots for my personal inventory. I have 35 weapons and only 12 slots for inventory.

It hasn't tripped me up yet except for one mission where I needed to drop 5 shields into a grinder, you can't buy extra shields from vending machines if your inventory is full so you have to drop the shield your using, pick up one found in that "area" and run over to put it in the grinder - then run back and pick up your main shield off the ground before it disappears or enemies respawn.

Errr, if you're already all the way to the shield grinder mission, why on earth haven't you bought more slots for your backpack? Earl just sells those, you know? He starts selling them from the very first moment you get access to him. Confused

Creston

Um yeah, look to the right of the screen????? That was the first thing I maxed out...

42. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 16:02 Creston

DangerDog wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 15:16:
Fun game, love the humor on some of the missions. The one where you pick up the robot AI brain and place it in another robot body is a good example. Needs more of that.

I can't play the game co-op though because I like to explore every nook and cranny of a map, if there's a ditch that looks like it might go somewhere interesting I'll explore it. I'm also addicted to opening every single box/crate/chest/junk pile I walk by.

Storage slots for weapons is too slow coming, they screwed up the thing where you can expand your ammo carry from "crazy earl" on the black market, who cares about expanding the storage slots for the "bank" - I want more slots for my personal inventory. I have 35 weapons and only 12 slots for inventory.

It hasn't tripped me up yet except for one mission where I needed to drop 5 shields into a grinder, you can't buy extra shields from vending machines if your inventory is full so you have to drop the shield your using, pick up one found in that "area" and run over to put it in the grinder - then run back and pick up your main shield off the ground before it disappears or enemies respawn.

Creston

41. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 16:00 Creston

nin wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 15:50:
Is there an option to expand the shared bank (later)? I can buy backpack (maxed) or bank slots, but not the shared, so far...

I think the shared stash stays four slots.

Creston

40. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 15:59 nin

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 15:55:
The shared stash is not for storage, it's for transfer. You store things in the bank, hence why you can upgrade it to like 20 or so slots. Get on your other character(s), take their stuff out of the shared stash, and put it in their bank until they can use it.

I don't have another character yet. But that doesn't mean I should ignore good drops they can use.

39. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 15:59 Creston

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 15:27:
As for certain attributes like burst-firing and multiple ammo per shot, it's all about variety. Just because YOU don't like shooting in bursts, that doesn't mean other people don't or shouldn't have the option.

Kindly point out where I, or anyone else, said that there shouldn't be an option to have burst fire. Oh, that's right, nobody said that. What I'm complaining about is that once your level reaches in the high twenties, a really annoyingly large number of guns are of the "multiple ammo per shot" variety, and a lot of the snipers that drop are of the burst zoom variety. If you like shooting in burst zoom, more power to you. I think it's a waste of ammo, for reasons I've already specified.

And a shotgun consuming 3 shells per blast, is because it has multiple barrels, and is significantly more powerful than a single-barreled one can be...

This has nothing to do with how the game treats shotguns, as I see the same stupid mechanism on single-barreled ones, and in any case, it will happily still fire a full shot even if your ammo down to 1. So the game isn't actively taking it into account, the ammo thing is just a completely arbitrary limiter on powerful weapons. And if it was only on shotguns (like it was in the first game), I'd be fine with it, but to have the same BS mechanism on SMGs and pistols is just fucking stupid.

Again, if you would rather stand back at medium range firing in their general direction rather than getting up in their face and blowing it off in a single shot, just don't use those kinds of guns.

That's fun when a significant number of guns that fall ALL have the same stupid multiple ammo usage on it.

I just started a new game with turret guy, and the first two guns I found (pistol and AR) BOTH had the fucking "2 ammo per shot" stat on it.

I have no problem with it existing. I have a problem with it being THE most dominant attribute in the game.

It's not like ammo vending machines are ever very far away, anyhow, just make sure you load up every time you run into one.

In the bigger maps, you can still easily run out. If you go into Caustic Caverns at level 20, and you make it to the other end of the map, odds are pretty good you're low on ammo, and then trying to make it back to the ammo machine means you have to slog through all the shit you just killed again, because it respawns pretty damn quickly. After I killed that Badass Pyre Thresher (costing around 200 ammo), he respawned about 10 minutes later.... >.<

Creston

78 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo