Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands 3 Mentioned

Gearbox Software lead writer Anthony Burch mentioned they are already toying with ideas for Borderlands 3 on The Totally Rad Show. This is noted on MP1st, where this relieves their concern that Gearbox "will ever let the fans of Borderlands get to see a third installment of this franchise," since Borderlands 2 shipped almost a full two weeks ago. Thanks VG247.

View
78 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

38. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 15:55 jacobvandy

The shared stash is not for storage, it's for transfer. You store things in the bank, hence why you can upgrade it to like 20 or so slots. Get on your other character(s), take their stuff out of the shared stash, and put it in their bank until they can use it.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

37. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 15:55 Beamer

Creston wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 15:46:
Beamer wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 15:17:
I spent my first 4 whatever on more slots for the bank. As I hadn't yet seen the bank I had no clue what it was. I thought it was a weird way to describe my backpack...

Hahahaha.

I find the bank to be completely pointless, to be honest. By the time you find the type of guns that you want to hold on to later, you are likely to have plenty of space in your backpack anyway. Especially since in this game you tend to swap between weapons a lot more (or at least I do.)

Everything I want, I use, and thus is in my backpack. The few items that I want to give to my other characters, I've put in the shared stash.

I don't think I've ever put anything in the bank.

Creston

I put an awesome Level 11 shield in the bank. It was the first one I found that did damage, it was much higher than my current shield, and I was a level 8 or 9 at the time so finding something so far off seemed magical.

I turned Level 11 and, in the middle of that mission, found a nearly identical (but Blue instead of Green) shield. Never went back to the bank. Then again, thinking now that one I found was electric, the one in the bank is fire, maybe I should swap...

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

36. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 15:50 nin

Is there an option to expand the shared bank (later)? I can buy backpack (maxed) or bank slots, but not the shared, so far...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

35. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 15:46 Creston

Beamer wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 15:17:
I spent my first 4 whatever on more slots for the bank. As I hadn't yet seen the bank I had no clue what it was. I thought it was a weird way to describe my backpack...

Hahahaha.

I find the bank to be completely pointless, to be honest. By the time you find the type of guns that you want to hold on to later, you are likely to have plenty of space in your backpack anyway. Especially since in this game you tend to swap between weapons a lot more (or at least I do.)

Everything I want, I use, and thus is in my backpack. The few items that I want to give to my other characters, I've put in the shared stash.

I don't think I've ever put anything in the bank.

Creston

34. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 15:43 DrEvil

Verno wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 10:19:
My ideas for improvement:

- 87,000 unique and interesting guns instead of 87 bazillion combinations of the same 30 guns.

- Loot drops on the ground instead of flying out everywhere, including under the ground textures.

- Instanced loot OR tweaked drop rates. There is not enough good loot in MP games to go around if you have some bad luck. After Diablo 3 this should not be a thing anymore.

- 4 brand new classes instead of 3 remixes and 1 new one (maybe 2 when Mecromancer comes out)

- Divorce from the old storyline/characters completely, fresh start. I like BL2 but it really feels like BL 1.5 in many ways.

- Multiple class abilities, one per tree at least with sub abilities therein. Some argue this is already in the game but I don't buy it.

How about "no infinite respawn" so I can actually feel like my actions are somewhat meaningful? Or at the least option for it, geez.

33. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 15:27 jacobvandy

A lot of the complaints here are anecdotal... For example, I've gotten plenty of ammo dropped from enemies or found in containers for the gun I'm actively using. I've also gotten some really sweet loot from bosses; it's not always something I want specifically or even something I can use for my main class, but good stuff is dropping. It's possible to keep killing any of the bosses over and over, as much as you want, so fixed loot would make that really boring. Hell, I've also found multiple E-tech guns in crappy little piles or as drops from standard enemies.

As for certain attributes like burst-firing and multiple ammo per shot, it's all about variety. Just because YOU don't like shooting in bursts, that doesn't mean other people don't or shouldn't have the option. And a shotgun consuming 3 shells per blast, is because it has multiple barrels, and is significantly more powerful than a single-barreled one can be... Again, if you would rather stand back at medium range firing in their general direction rather than getting up in their face and blowing it off in a single shot, just don't use those kinds of guns. Same goes for the other types, like pistols or sniper rifles, double ammo consumption is compensating for an otherwise more powerful set of attributes. It's not like ammo vending machines are ever very far away, anyhow, just make sure you load up every time you run into one.

Don't get me wrong, there are times when I've been frustrated by not finding a specific type of weapon that I want in loot, or when the gods of random generation frown upon me and lead me to run out of ammo for my favorite gun, but them's the breaks sometimes. The trick is to be comfortable in switching up your play style sometimes, using different types of guns for different enemies and being effective with them.

I would really like to see more uses for Eridium since, as mentioned here, you can burn through all of those black market purchases pretty quickly. It would be great to at least be able to keep upping the capacity of your backpack (don't see why they didn't just let you keep spending an increasing amount on 3 extra slots), but I would absolutely love being able to make your own E-tech guns or upgrade the attributes of your favorites.

This comment was edited on Oct 1, 2012, 15:32.

32. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 15:17 Beamer

-------------

31. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 15:16 DangerDog

Fun game, love the humor on some of the missions. The one where you pick up the robot AI brain and place it in another robot body is a good example. Needs more of that.

I can't play the game co-op though because I like to explore every nook and cranny of a map, if there's a ditch that looks like it might go somewhere interesting I'll explore it. I'm also addicted to opening every single box/crate/chest/junk pile I walk by.

Storage slots for weapons is too slow coming, they screwed up the thing where you can expand your ammo carry from "crazy earl" on the black market, who cares about expanding the storage slots for the "bank" - I want more slots for my personal inventory. I have 35 weapons and only 12 slots for inventory.

It hasn't tripped me up yet except for one mission where I needed to drop 5 shields into a grinder, you can't buy extra shields from vending machines if your inventory is full so you have to drop the shield your using, pick up one found in that "area" and run over to put it in the grinder - then run back and pick up your main shield off the ground before it disappears or enemies respawn.

30. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 15:11 Draugr

ochentay4 wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 11:55:
I would prefer first to polish this game till it blinds me as there are still bugs and performance sucks. I get FPS 30-60fps fluctuations all the time at max quality. It drives me nuts so I set 30fps max which sucks. I still cant get why this game FPS fluctuates so much since its UE3 and its visuals are crap, really low res textures, really low poly count and my pc kicks ass every damn game in town.

Also, instead of talking about Borderlands 3, compensate existing customers giving really good DLC, for Preorder and Season Pass suckers.

I find this game more and more boring as I lvl up... sigh. I almost regret buying this game.

Do you have PhysX set to low or off when your at max settings? I would recommend that because that can really bog down your GPU. The only time fluctuation has been an issue is when I went to discover how it ran with PhysX set to high.

This would also explain why it not consistent in its performance, because until you get into a fight and debris starts getting generated everywhere, having physX isn't such an issue.

29. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 15:03 Alamar

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 14:01:
Here is that WoW reference I mentioned last week. Have another character in the area and took a pic.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=100266453

That doesn't seem WoW related to me...

-Alamar

28. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 14:01 xXBatmanXx

Here is that WoW reference I mentioned last week. Have another character in the area and took a pic.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=100266453

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

27. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 13:41 Verno

descender wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 13:30:
They could fix most of the issues if they just had bosses drop guaranteed "good" loot.

Can we refer to this as a "WoW Syndrome"? As I've posted here before with D3... people just can't play games with RNG loot anymore and feel satisfied.

It really depends on what is dropping. I don't care if its green or purple as long as its useful and when you RNG "87 bazillion guns" then you end up with a lot of worthless horseshit as you said. Torchlight has RNG loot and it's pretty effective and fun, it's all about implementation.

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

26. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 13:30 descender

They could fix most of the issues if they just had bosses drop guaranteed "good" loot.

Can we refer to this as a "WoW Syndrome"? As I've posted here before with D3... people just can't play games with RNG loot anymore and feel satisfied.

25. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 13:21 Beamer

Creston wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 13:07:
Beamer wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 13:00:
I do wish this game was a bit more detailed with weapon damage, too. Take shotguns - you end up with one that does 14x30 and one that does 16x27. Yeah, not the most complicated calculation, but it would be nice if it put a "=432" next to it.

And, while I greatly appreciate the firing range, which helps you realize just how much damage that piston that's 48 with explosive damage does vs the one that's a standard 70, but it would be nice if it had a running total. I just put an entire mag into a guy and he lit on fire - did I do more damage than the entire mag of the weapon that does 2.5x damage but no fire?

People have been clamoring for a DPS stat on the weapons, but Gearbox refuses to do it. It's not as if it's secret, their formula for damage has been on the Wiki for ages, but they seem to think that it loses "fun" if people can see the DPS with elemental damage included...

Yeah, it doesn't make sense to me either.

Creston

I get that they want people to have to play around, and some weapons do surprising things, but man, it's tedious. Maybe it's less so on the PC, but on the console actually swapping a weapon out with another, or even comparing, is just tedious.

And it shocks me that they won't cut this corner. They added the box to trade items with your own characters, which seems like admitting that people jumped through hoops to do this in the previous game, but that's some serious game-breaking stuff. It's easy to give your second playthrough character a shotgun that will last for 40 levels...

-------------

24. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 1, 2012, 13:10 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 12:38:
2. Random baddies will drop guns, they will be using those guns directly on you until they drop, dead.

The weird thing is, this is how it worked in BL1. Unless you got it from a boss, if you wanted a nice AcidX4 SMG, you had to pry it from the hands of that bandit who was hosing acid all over you.

No idea why it doesn't really seem to be the case anymore...

Creston

23. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 13:07 Creston

Beamer wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 13:00:
I do wish this game was a bit more detailed with weapon damage, too. Take shotguns - you end up with one that does 14x30 and one that does 16x27. Yeah, not the most complicated calculation, but it would be nice if it put a "=432" next to it.

And, while I greatly appreciate the firing range, which helps you realize just how much damage that piston that's 48 with explosive damage does vs the one that's a standard 70, but it would be nice if it had a running total. I just put an entire mag into a guy and he lit on fire - did I do more damage than the entire mag of the weapon that does 2.5x damage but no fire?

People have been clamoring for a DPS stat on the weapons, but Gearbox refuses to do it. It's not as if it's secret, their formula for damage has been on the Wiki for ages, but they seem to think that it loses "fun" if people can see the DPS with elemental damage included...

Yeah, it doesn't make sense to me either.

Creston

22. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 13:00 Beamer

-------------

21. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 12:53 Creston

PHJF wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 12:14:

They also kill most enemies in one shot. I had a white shotgun that I used for ~5 lvls that obliterated everything.

Yeah, but on low level shotguns obliterate everything anyway. The shotgun has been go-to gun for low level Borderlands since day 1. At higher levels they lose some of their effectiveness, unless you find the crazy varieties that do 5000 damage per shot. And it does force you to go toe-to-toe with enemies in order to pull it off, which can be pretty lethal if you didn't see that Badass Marauder just off to the side...

The problem is, in Borderlands 1 most ammo crates were stocked with whatever ammo you were short on, while in BL2 it is completely random. Why the fuck would I need a crate filled with assault rifle ammo when I haven't fired an assault rifle in 20 levels?

I'm pretty sure it's not random, it's actively NOT giving you the ammo of the gun you are currently using. I guess from a design perspective it forces people to switch up guns and not just run through the entire game with the awesome fire SMG, but it's pretty irritating when you only have ONE cool gun, you're in a map where everything is 1 or 2 levels above you, and your cool gun eats 3 ammo per shot and you never find any more.

The loot really is an absolute fucking joke, though. I just finished the main boss and got... an orange grenade. The only other weapon I improved was my purple fire SMG, which went up two lvls.

Yeah, they really need to improve boss drops. Farming bosses was pointless in BL and it's pointless here too. Even more so, since bosses are so much harder. The only way to get showered in good loot was to use the glitch in Knoxx's fortress.

Creston

20. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 12:39 Creston

Verno wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 12:02:
Yeah you nailed that one man, it drives me insane. That whole "uses X ammo per shot" modifier is on fucking everything! Shotguns, SMGs, sniper rifles, etc. So many good gun combos ruined by that thing.

Yeah, I actively ignore guns that have that, unless they are mega mega mega special. Ruby uses 2 ammo per shot, but it's such an awesome pistol that I put up with it. (even though I'll be through a quarter of a level and go "Wtf, 200 ammo left? Have I fired 500 times already??? Oohhh wait...")

But any sniper rifle or SMG that burst fires when zoomed gets sold. A burst sniper rifle is such a waste of ammo it's ridiculous. A mook already dies from a single headshot, why do I need to pump two more rounds into him (and that's assuming they'd hit, because typically the other two rounds just go flying off into the fucking air anyway.)

I don't know, I see a lot of overlap from the first game comparing the Siren/Zerker skill trees, it's not just about their main ability. For next game let's have some brand new classes to make things fresh again.

It'd be nice to have new classes, but I'd like to see them in addition to the old classes. Now that they've introduced a (very marginal) amount of background to the Sirens, I would like to see them expand on their mythology and explain why there are only six of them in the universe, etc.

Creston

19. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 1, 2012, 12:38 HorrorScope

Love the game, probably the best game I played this year.

Story is much better told, great characters all around, great great baddie variety, love their comments to.

Not having any type of performance issue, good luck to those that don't.

Things I would do:

1. The loot you see, you only see. It just takes stress out of looting in MP.

2. Random baddies will drop guns, they will be using those guns directly on you until they drop, dead.

3. Side-kicking sounds good.

4. Options to turn off Cell Shade in game, some may say it's a staple, but this is a good looking game and it doesn't need it. Also whatever the injector AA does for this game, put that in game vs the crappy AA they have. With both of these, it's a great looking game.

5. The next good Assault Rifle I pick up will be my first. What is up with these guns? Takes the closer combat out of the game.

6. On avg increase clip size.

7. Ammo in MP, when everyone is full, make it so you cannot pickup any more and waste it.

This was a great upgrade to BL1.

78 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo