Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Here's Valve's accounting of the 10 bestselling games on Steam for this past week:

1. Borderlands 2
  2. Torchlight II
  3. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  4. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  5. Total War: Master Collection
  6. Arma II: Combined Operations
  7. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
  8. Saints Row The Third
  9. FTL: Fater Than Light
  10. Borderlands 2 Season Pass

View
53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 30, 2012, 19:12 jdreyer

FFinally enough good games have been released to knock Skyrim out of the top 10.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 30, 2012, 18:42 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 18:41:
I'm a little bummed I didn't know about it earlier and could have had a chance at 5-10 keys per code,

I wasn't aware they were encouraging you to use the same code over and over...I just assumed once a give key hit your account, you couldn't redeem it again.

I could have ctrl-v'd the fuck out of it, but never tried...

Nope, only 1x per account, but if you look through his tweets - they had (at one time) 1,000 codes for 5 gold keys. I just missed that one....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 30, 2012, 18:41 nin

I'm a little bummed I didn't know about it earlier and could have had a chance at 5-10 keys per code,

I wasn't aware they were encouraging you to use the same code over and over...I just assumed once a give key hit your account, you couldn't redeem it again.

I could have ctrl-v'd the fuck out of it, but never tried...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 30, 2012, 18:33 Prez

Between Torchlight 2 and Borderlands 2 I have racked up 120 hours of play time in less than a week. That's with working 10 hours a night for 4 of those days. Who needs sleep? I've got some serious gaming to do!

FTL is a good game, but it it just too rushed and difficult an experience for my tastes. Glad to see it doing well nonetheless.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 30, 2012, 18:24 jacobvandy

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 17:41:
Dev wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 17:24:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 15:26:
More shift codes!

Dangit! Missed by like 5 mins.

They weren't going to do anymore, maybe they will, since that last one was a MESS! TOok me about 10 minutes of hammering the gearbox code submission to get it to take. Up to 5 gold keys.

Well, they ARE stress testing their validation servers. I had a couple errors and it took a while for the last one, but it still went through. Pretty sure they did that purposely. I'm a little bummed I didn't know about it earlier and could have had a chance at 5-10 keys per code, but what Randy has been giving away are only a precursor to the mass giveaways they're going to do on their official Facebook and Twitter, etc. so there will be plenty more to be had in the future.

That said, the last one I got gave me a freakin' sweet golden Jakobs sniper rifle, does 32.5k damage with +180% crit bonus, so I'm hitting for more than 300k on the target dummy with my lvl 50 commando. I'm sure it'd do even better in the hands of my assassin once I level him up.

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 30, 2012, 18:04 nin

Got 1 outta 4 this weekend. Missed the last by like 6 minutes...

It would be cool if they eventually issued a patch that lets you earn a single key every 10 hours/levels/whatever. Something that would take awhile, but a nice bonus here and there.

I will say I'm still having a blast with it (BL2). Glad to see TL2 doing as well, also.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 30, 2012, 17:41 xXBatmanXx

Dev wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 17:24:
More shift codes!

https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic

They weren't going to do anymore, maybe they will, since that last one was a MESS! TOok me about 10 minutes of hammering the gearbox code submission to get it to take. Up to 5 gold keys.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 30, 2012, 17:24 Dev

More shift codes!

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 30, 2012, 15:26 xXBatmanXx

More shift codes!

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 30, 2012, 15:06 Leper

I noticed that XCOM pre-orders unlocked Civ 5 recently. I haven't pre-ordered it myself, but I'm happy for everyone who hasn't played Civ5 yet!  

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 30, 2012, 15:02 Dades

Continuing the tradition of Fater Than Light for one more week  

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 30, 2012, 14:43 ASeven

Glad to see FTL still on the top 10. Great little game.  

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 30, 2012, 14:34 Efflixi

I have been playing PC games for more than 20 years. I just want to say that Torchlight II is ranked in my top 5 of PC games of all time. It is just that amazing.  

53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo