Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gatherings & Competitions

View
227 Replies. 12 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

47. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 1, 2012, 12:15 Verno

Listen to yourself, "They deserve protection" If they didn't have the need to constantly announce "We're gay pay us extra attention" No one would care in the first place

Nah that's totally invalid, there are countless examples of gays who do not dance in parades in San Fran being persecuted for their sexuality. The whole reason they need to have special interest groups is precisely because like many other minorities, they are attacked for being different. Gay people shouldn't have to hide their sexuality anymore than you or I should.

I hold pretty conservative values and there are a billion shitty special interest groups that need to stop whining but I'm a big believer in the right to free speech and expression.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

46. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 1, 2012, 12:01 RollinThundr

yuastnav wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 11:52
It does not speak in your favour that you seek out this topic only to complain about how you are annoyed by its mere existence. [/quote:

Oh sorry forgot to take my politically correct pills this morning. Gay people are just that people, like anyone else. Just because they like to bump uglies with the same gender doesn't make them special snowflakes who deserve their own "gaming convention"

Last I checked sexual orientation had zero to do with video games. All this is, is another cry for attention. Who gives a shit who they like to shack up with?

Listen to yourself, "They deserve protection" If they didn't have the need to constantly announce "We're gay pay us extra attention" No one would care in the first place

45. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 1, 2012, 11:52 yuastnav

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 11:44:
yuastnav wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 11:39:
RailWizard wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 11:25:
Verno wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 11:03:
RailWizard wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 10:35:
Verno wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 09:15:
Person on internet tries to handwave away their amusing homophobia, news at 11.

I neither fear gays nor want to be gay. Fucking amusing how often that's get thrown in there, like that just explains everything. It also completely defies logic, but don't let that stop you....

Education and social upbringing usually explain things actually but that's neither here nor there. In this case, you completely misunderstand what homophobia actually means. It's not just about being afraid, it's about irrational attitude and prejudice.

Yeah right, and that's exactly what everyone means when they use the term. Play stupid now.

Okay okay. You are not homophobic but homomisic.
Better? :)

So basically anyone who doesn't treat gay people as a entitled special interest group is either a homophobe or homomisic?

No but everyone who hates gay people is either homophobic or homomisic. Just as the words say. :)
Of course this only pertains to people who hate gay people because they are gay, i.e. a person could hate gay people but he may be just a misanthrope in which case he would hate all people and hate gay people for existing but not for being gay.

Sexuality is special in the sense that no person has any control over what one's sexuality is (even though some people on this site are of the misguided and uscientific opinion that this is not so) and as a minority it needs a certain amount of protection as long as such irrational behaviour like focused hatred towards homosexuality exists.

It does not speak in your favour that you seek out this topic only to complain about how you are annoyed by its mere existence.
This is a peculiar behaviour because a certain sexuality, or a lack thereof, is inherent to every person alive and some people are annoyed by that.

Allow me to demonstrate this through an analogy (yes, I can see the irony): If there was a group of people who could not survive in this atmosphere and had to wear a breathing mask all the time and they decided to make a gamer convention for exactly this group of people - naturally they would advertise this to get as many as people, sort of to create a safe haven where they would not have to wear these masks and what not. Would you also, as someone who breathes a mixture of oxygen and nitrogen as well as a minor percentage of othe gases, be angry at them because "it does get a bit much at times"?

There was actually science ficiton novel by Arkadi and Boris Strugatsky that included a similar theme.

This comment was edited on Oct 1, 2012, 11:59.

44. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 1, 2012, 11:44 RollinThundr

yuastnav wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 11:39:

I neither fear gays nor want to be gay. Fucking amusing how often that's get thrown in there, like that just explains everything. It also completely defies logic, but don't let that stop you....

Education and social upbringing usually explain things actually but that's neither here nor there. In this case, you completely misunderstand what homophobia actually means. It's not just about being afraid, it's about irrational attitude and prejudice.

Yeah right, and that's exactly what everyone means when they use the term. Play stupid now.

So basically anyone who doesn't treat gay people as a entitled special interest group is either a homophobe or homomisic?

43. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 1, 2012, 11:39 yuastnav

42. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 1, 2012, 11:38 Beamer

That actually is what everyone means. No one thinks you think homosexuals live under your bed or in your closet.
Well, maybe your closet...

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

41. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 1, 2012, 11:25 RailWizard

40. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 1, 2012, 11:03 Verno

39. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 1, 2012, 10:53 Beamer

You also fear understanding the term "homophobia."

-------------

38. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 1, 2012, 10:38 RailWizard

Beamer wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 07:46:
RailWizard wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 00:25:
deqer wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 21:57:
It's just a fetish that has miraculously gotten this far... It's quite sad.

Yup.

Heh, you just agreed with a troll account.
No surprise, since half your posts seem like Hellbinder posts, only not parody...

Speaking of troll accounts, shouldn't you be off making some more?

37. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 1, 2012, 10:35 RailWizard

36. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 1, 2012, 09:39 RollinThundr

I dunno, I haven't seen much homophobia in this thread, more so the usual liberal "this group is oppressed" hand wrangling anytime one of these threads come up.

I have nothing against gay people, but the fact they consistantly have to throw the whole "we're gay pay attention to us" card out constantly does get a bit much at times.

Personally I don't care if they marry or not, just stop looking for special treatment because of which way you swing.

35. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 1, 2012, 09:15 Verno

34. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 1, 2012, 07:46 Beamer

RailWizard wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 00:25:
deqer wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 21:57:
It's just a fetish that has miraculously gotten this far... It's quite sad.

Yup.

Heh, you just agreed with a troll account.
No surprise, since half your posts seem like Hellbinder posts, only not parody...

-------------

33. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 1, 2012, 05:11 yuastnav

UnderLord wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 21:36:
'Preference implies a choice' - False.
[...]

False.

pref·er·ence (prfr-ns, prfrns)
n.
a. The selecting of someone or something over another or others.
b. The right or chance to so choose.
c. Someone or something so chosen. See Synonyms at choice.

The english word "preference" very well implies a choice.

UnderLord wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 21:36:
[...]
I prefer English Mustard to German, nothing I can do about that.
[...]

As has been demonstrated above saying that you prefer a type of mustard over another is a deliberate choice that you have made for whatever reason you might have. Maybe because it tastes better.
But you are not forced to eat English mustard. You can very well eat German mustard, even if it is not to your taste.
You do not have that option in relation to your sexuality, though.

The choice of your analogy was unfortunate for incorrect. (as all analogies are, without exception, I would recommend to refrain from using them since the English language is powerful enough to explain abstract ideas and concepts by itself)

32. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 1, 2012, 04:10 Bhruic

RailWizard wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 02:22:
You said that, not me. This is exactly how this argument always goes however.

No, that's the natural conclusion to what you said.

All that stuff happens to people from all walks of life. I guess we should reorder the entire population of Earth so we can all live in harmony?

Really? By all means, point out where people are killed for being heterosexual. Point out where people are discriminated against for being heterosexual. You might fight the odd isolated incident, but you won't find anything systemic.

Of course, that's not what you're talking about, you're talking about the fact that lots of people get killed, lose their job, etc. But with proper reading, you'll note that I pointed out that those examples happen to homosexuals because of their sexual orientation. In other words, they are being discriminated against (sometimes violently). Are you really going to try and shrug that off and say it's fine simply because bad stuff happens to other people too?

I'm a normal white male. Can I have my own TV channel so I feel better represented? Because I'm starting to feel like my opinions are being oppressed, and since it seems like all 'oppressed peoples' get their own channels....

Go ahead and pitch it to the networks. If they think there's an audience for it, maybe they'll put it on the air. By all means tho', explain what exactly would be on the "normal white male" network, it'd be amusing to hear.

I know this sounds stupid, that's because it is.

Well, I can certainly agree there, what you are saying both sounds and is stupid.

31. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 1, 2012, 03:36 RailWizard

nevermind, not worth it.

This comment was edited on Oct 1, 2012, 03:46.

30. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 1, 2012, 03:30 Cutter

Fantaz wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 01:40:
netnerd85 wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 01:10:
@RailWizard, Where you born in Chernobyl? you're a bit... different.

Now I am convinced netnerd85 is an internet troll, and Cutter is.. Cutter as usual.

You're missing the word 'correct'.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

29. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 1, 2012, 02:36 netnerd85

RailWizard wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 02:27:
Yes, your continued posting has "I don't care!" written all over it. Hell, I may have to rent a billboard to help spread your message of indifference if this keeps up. Ucrazy
lol, you're confusing quantity over quality. Knew you would confuse that... so easy to predict now. Funny, and sad.

28. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 1, 2012, 02:32 netnerd85

RailWizard wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 02:22:
I'm a normal white male. Can I have my own TV channel so I feel better represented? Because I'm starting to feel like my opinions are being oppressed, and since it seems like all 'oppressed peoples' get their own channels.... Deal
Don't tell that's what all the 'normal' channels are either, because that's bullshit. I know this sounds stupid, that's because it is.
Why not? have you're own channel. Talk about tools, fishing and tits. I'm all for it. Get sport out of the news. Put some science news in the headlines for a change. You know, important stuff.

We could be friends you know... could be... but you're mean, vicious... unfriendly... why? What happened to you?

227 Replies. 12 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo