Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gatherings & Competitions

View
227 Replies. 12 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

27. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 1, 2012, 02:27 RailWizard

netnerd85 wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 02:21:
RailWizard wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 01:46:
netnerd85 wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 01:10:
@RailWizard, Where you born in Chernobyl? you're a bit... different.

So are you. Do I get extra points if I make up some absurd location and ask if you were born there? You are deranged and delusional. Anytime someone challenges your belief you spew pure hatred at them because when it comes down to it, that's all you have. That's why gays are gay, because they are mentally unstable.
lol? pure hatred? got any evidence of this? You're the only one spewing hatred mate. I'm just taking the piss because you're pathetic and not worth wasting time on, I wasted time last round remember? So I'm not putting any effort into talking with you.

I'm very happy being different. I'm also very happy I feel sorry for you and your little life.

I'm not worried by the crappy pathetic little text messages you write on a screen. If you feel better for writing it, that's sad but okay - everyone needs an outlet huh? It makes no difference to the REAL change that is happening around you. You're out dated, your views are dying.

Lol, no one got at me for using "where" instead of "were"? that was pre-coffee! so...

Yes, your continued posting has "I don't care!" written all over it. Hell, I may have to rent a billboard to help spread your message of indifference if this keeps up. Ucrazy

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 1, 2012, 02:22 RailWizard

Bhruic wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 01:59:

Right, because they are the problem, so they should need to leave.

You said that, not me. This is exactly how this argument always goes however.

Bhruic wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 01:59:
Well, other than getting killed, harrassed, fired, thrown out of stores, thrown out of their apartments, yeah, they really don't have any problems that other people don't have for their sexual orientation.

All that stuff happens to people from all walks of life. I guess we should reorder the entire population of Earth so we can all live in harmony?

I'm a normal white male. Can I have my own TV channel so I feel better represented? Because I'm starting to feel like my opinions are being oppressed, and since it seems like all 'oppressed peoples' get their own channels.... Deal
Don't tell that's what all the 'normal' channels are either, because that's bullshit. I know this sounds stupid, that's because it is.

25. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 1, 2012, 02:21 netnerd85

RailWizard wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 01:46:

So are you. Do I get extra points if I make up some absurd location and ask if you were born there? You are deranged and delusional. Anytime someone challenges your belief you spew pure hatred at them because when it comes down to it, that's all you have. That's why gays are gay, because they are mentally unstable.
lol? pure hatred? got any evidence of this? You're the only one spewing hatred mate. I'm just taking the piss because you're pathetic and not worth wasting time on, I wasted time last round remember? So I'm not putting any effort into talking with you.

I'm very happy being different. I'm also very happy I feel sorry for you and your little life.

I'm not worried by the crappy pathetic little text messages you write on a screen. If you feel better for writing it, that's sad but okay - everyone needs an outlet huh? It makes no difference to the REAL change that is happening around you. You're out dated, your views are dying.

Lol, no one got at me for using "where" instead of "were"? that was pre-coffee! so...

24. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 1, 2012, 01:59 Bhruic

RailWizard wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 00:35:
Personally I think they should get serious already and just go buy an island somewhere where they can all go and live gayly ever after.

Right, because they are the problem, so they should need to leave.

That way none of us pesky normal people will be able to oppress them anymore. Of course this is sarcasm, because other than the marriage thing, there is no other right that they lack and even that one is not existing in all places.

Well, other than getting killed, harrassed, fired, thrown out of stores, thrown out of their apartments, yeah, they really don't have any problems that other people don't have for their sexual orientation.

23. removed Oct 1, 2012, 01:46 RailWizard

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 1, 2012, 07:51.

22. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 1, 2012, 01:43 RailWizard

dbl post =\  

21. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 1, 2012, 01:40 Fantaz

Now I am convinced netnerd85 is an internet troll, and Cutter is.. Cutter as usual.

20. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 1, 2012, 01:10 netnerd85

19. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 1, 2012, 00:35 RailWizard

Personally I think they should get serious already and just go buy an island somewhere where they can all go and live gayly ever after.

That way none of us pesky normal people will be able to oppress them anymore. Of course this is sarcasm, because other than the marriage thing, there is no other right that they lack and even that one is not existing in all places.

18. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 1, 2012, 00:25 RailWizard

deqer wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 21:57:
It's just a fetish that has miraculously gotten this far... It's quite sad.

Yup.

17. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 30, 2012, 23:50 Jivaro

Correction, some people don't want to get it. It isn't that they don't get it, they do. They just don't want things to change, particularly if they find the change alien or threatening to them personally. They want all the people that are different from them to either pretend to be something they aren't, or perhaps even more convenient...be silent.

It is a theme that keeps repeating itself in human history, and yet people keep doing it...and then 30 or 40 years later when modern culture looks back and can't believe how bad it was...they pretend like they weren't part of the problem.

16. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 30, 2012, 23:12 netnerd85

Cutter wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 23:01:
Fantaz wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 22:50:
UnderLord wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 20:23:
I didn't invent the term 'sexual preference', but it obviously applies equally to a person who prefers a partner of the same sex, so get over it.
My point is that GLBT are perfectly welcome at any existing gamer con's to make themselves separate is unnecessary and smacks of 'look at me, I'm different'.
Newsflash, we're ALL different.
Fwiw, I was engaged to a bi female for months and have gays in my immediate family and gay friends and care for them all as much as the straight ones.

I agree with you on this. You're right and this con is completely unnecessary. But I suppose those who are replying to you are entitled to their own opinion as well...

You can't understand what it means to be an openly gay person anymore than you can understand what it is to be black. Saying you think that they don't face any obstacles may be an opinion but it's a patently absurd one. I'm of the opinion the moon is made of cheese. That doesn't make me right, but that's my opinion!
"Why does a woman want a job? Her place is in the kitchen. I don't understand. You're happy in the kitchen aren't you dear? Of course you are."

Some people just don't get it Cutter.

15. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 30, 2012, 23:10 Suckage

so.. what are said obstacles?  

14. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 30, 2012, 23:01 Cutter

Fantaz wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 22:50:
I didn't invent the term 'sexual preference', but it obviously applies equally to a person who prefers a partner of the same sex, so get over it.
My point is that GLBT are perfectly welcome at any existing gamer con's to make themselves separate is unnecessary and smacks of 'look at me, I'm different'.
Fwiw, I was engaged to a bi female for months and have gays in my immediate family and gay friends and care for them all as much as the straight ones.

I agree with you on this. You're right and this con is completely unnecessary. But I suppose those who are replying to you are entitled to their own opinion as well...

You can't understand what it means to be an openly gay person anymore than you can understand what it is to be black. Saying you think that they don't face any obstacles may be an opinion but it's a patently absurd one. I'm of the opinion the moon is made of cheese. That doesn't make me right, but that's my opinion!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

13. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 30, 2012, 22:50 Fantaz

12. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 30, 2012, 22:43 UnderLord

I hope Gaymers doesn't close it down, since they have been using the name since 1680!  

11. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 30, 2012, 22:17 UnderLord

I said - "...they don't prefer just the opposite sex. I don't see that as a choice."
You said - "You can't choose whom you are sexually attracted to."

Same thing, we're done!

10. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 30, 2012, 22:03 netnerd85

@UnderLord, No one can talk with you unless you make sense. Please edit your reply so we can continue. Re-read it twice to make sure you have correctly stated the information you wanted to convey. Especially the third line, that just doesn't make any sense.  

9. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 30, 2012, 21:57 deqer

It's just a fetish that has miraculously gotten this far... It's quite sad.  

8. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 30, 2012, 21:36 UnderLord

'Preference implies a choice' - False.
I prefer English Mustard to German, nothing I can do about that.
Nature or Nurture makes someone homosexual or bisexual and they don't prefer just the opposite sex. I don't see that as a choice.
Don't try and twist my words to make me seem to have said what advances your argument.
I spend a fair bit of time in Second Life and associate with several people (and furries) who profess in Plurk to be LGBT, I don't see anywhere near as much lack of inclusion in that game-world as in the real world, which is why I view Gaymercon as unnecessary.
Maybe you need to get a more diverse virtual life than FPS's.

227 Replies. 12 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo