Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gone Gold - Dishonored

The Bethesda Blog announces that development is complete on Dishonored, and Arkane's stealth/assassination game will be available for Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 on October 9th in North America and October 12th in Europe. They celebrate the news with a giveaway of "an extremely limited" Overseer mask and a signed copy of the game. Here's a description from the Dishonored website:

You are the once-trusted bodyguard of the Empress. Framed for her murder and driven by revenge, you must become an infamous assassin, known only by the disturbing mask that has become your calling card.

As you navigate a world torn apart by plague and oppressed by a government armed with strange new technologies, the truth behind your betrayal is as murky as the waters surrounding the city.

The choices you make will determine the fate of the world, but no matter what happens your old life is gone forever.

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

28. Re: Gone Gold - Dishonored Oct 1, 2012, 08:41 nin

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 08:25:
The latest promo code from GreenManGaming works on this preorder 25% off. Too bad none of their promo codes work on XCOM for some stupid reason.

Might go ahead and lock that one (Dis) in...was still hoping it'd get cheaper. Thanks!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: Gone Gold - Dishonored Oct 1, 2012, 08:25 SpectralMeat

The latest promo code from GreenManGaming works on this preorder 25% off. Too bad none of their promo codes work on XCOM for some stupid reason.  

Steam: SpectralMeat

26. Re: Gone Gold - Dishonored Oct 1, 2012, 06:13 hello newman

J wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 15:27:
Wow, weird. It's like this game is saying "Hey, like me!" and I'm just getting a creepy vibe from it. I'll wait for player feedback methinks.

welp, this is what pot amongst other recreational drugs does to your brains as a side effect. gets you paranoid and feeling all sorts of "vibes" =)))

get a lemonade, look back at arkane and bethesda and you will see that most probably it shall really be a GOOD game

25. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 30, 2012, 11:18 HorrorScope

KTR wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 15:19:
Bethesda published 4 games last year, of which Brink, Hunted: The Demon Forge, and Rage had on release day embargos.

I never understood why they were embarrassed about Hunted, it had zero company support, the game was a very fun 2 man coop game.

24. Re: Gone Gold - Dishonored Sep 30, 2012, 08:52 CJ_Parker

Yawn. Not interested. Wake me up when they release the full game with all DLC included.

23. Re: Gone Gold - Dishonored Sep 30, 2012, 07:05 WyldKat

This one looks pretty neat and I'll always fondly remember Arkane because of Arx Fatalis. I'll be waiting though. I'm far too busy with Guild Wars 2, Torchlight 2, Planetside 2 (we sure like our sequels don't we?), and upcoming X-COM. There's also a beta with big stompy robots and another one with airplanes but I don't play those much.

Oh and there's also Kerbal Space Program. I had my fill with FTL. Once you beat it a few times with different ships the formula starts getting stale. It would be nice if the game was freeform open-world that allowed for space trading/piracy/and other cool Elite/Privateer stuff but with the gameplay of FTL. The same old end boss is just... blah.

22. Re: Gone Gold - Dishonored Sep 30, 2012, 04:18 netnerd85

Prez wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 01:40:
I am impressed with the videos and previews for this but still I am waiting for the reviews from the media outlets who I distrust the least.
That's the whole idea of the Big Beth Marketing machine.

Only one true way to test out if a game is worth buying, Demo

21. Re: Gone Gold - Dishonored Sep 30, 2012, 01:40 Prez

When it comes to Steampunk I can take it or leave it - what matters most to me is how good the gameplay is. I liked Bioshock and LOVED Deus Ex, so this is looking like it cold be something special. I am impressed with the videos and previews for this but still I am waiting for the reviews from the media outlets who I distrust the least.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

20. Re: Gone Gold - Dishonored Sep 29, 2012, 18:48 Flatline

Ray Marden wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 15:47:
Otherwise...what else is there to play? Pandas? Another MoH military shooter? Another CoD military shooter? Another pointless AC release? The Doom retread? That crappy Nintendo system tablet?

Hmm... On my plate, I have:

Guild Wars 2
Borderlands 2
XCOM
FTL
I picked up Alice: Madness Returns for 5 bucks and haven't even launched it
FTL
The 3rd episode of The Walking Dead
Torchlight 2
Mechwarrior Online

I think I'll be fine for a while. I may even buy Assassin's Creed 3, since it looks to have the closest thing to an age of sail ship battle simulator that I'll see in some time, and I've been jonsing for some age of sail action for years.

19. Re: Gone Gold - Dishonored Sep 29, 2012, 18:27 Jerykk

Overon wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 17:53:
It better not have shitty console fov!

It has an FOV slider.

Anyway, the most fitting description for the game is Thief + Bioshock + Deus Ex. Sounds pretty awesome to me and it looks like they're putting a lot of effort into the PC version.

PC UI and options: http://www.bethblog.com/2012/07/13/a-look-at-dishonoreds-many-ui-options/

Also, one of the devs said that the texture res will be twice as high on PC (2048x2048 vs 1024x1024 on consoles).

18. Re: Gone Gold - Dishonored Sep 29, 2012, 17:57 Overon

I pre-ordered from GMG for $48. I have enjoyed all of Arkane's games to date, this has some decent people working on it, and looks to be blending some parts from Thief and putting gthem into a steampunk-heavy version of the Half-Life world.

Truthfully, this is the game I am most looking forward to for the rest of the year and I hope it ends up being game of the year.

Otherwise...what else is there to play? Pandas? Another MoH military shooter? Another CoD military shooter? Another pointless AC release? The Doom retread? That crappy Nintendo system tablet?
The made for 'tweens FC3?
Noting most anything else I care about is pushed to 2013,
Ray
What about Planetside 2?
Or UFO: Enemy Unknown?

17. Re: Gone Gold - Dishonored Sep 29, 2012, 17:53 Overon

It better not have shitty console fov!  

16. Re: Gone Gold - Dishonored Sep 29, 2012, 16:09 Fantaz

So excited for this game... I pre-ordered and they're going to give me a USB lamp!  

15. Re: Gone Gold - Dishonored Sep 29, 2012, 16:06 DangerDog

Otherwise...what else is there to play?

Borderlands 2 is pretty good, haven't even touched Torchlight 2. I feel the same about the new games this fall/winter, nothing terribly interesting. Time to work on that massive backlog of unplayed/unfinished games.

14. Re: Gone Gold - Dishonored Sep 29, 2012, 15:55 jdreyer

the choices you make will determine the fate of the world
Oh so you're The One, AGAIN.

This comment was edited on Sep 29, 2012, 16:07.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

13. Re: Gone Gold - Dishonored Sep 29, 2012, 15:47 Ray Marden

I pre-ordered from GMG for $48. I have enjoyed all of Arkane's games to date, this has some decent people working on it, and looks to be blending some parts from Thief and putting gthem into a steampunk-heavy version of the Half-Life world.

Truthfully, this is the game I am most looking forward to for the rest of the year and I hope it ends up being game of the year.

The made for 'tweens FC3?
Noting most anything else I care about is pushed to 2013,
Ray

This comment was edited on Sep 29, 2012, 15:55.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

12. Re: Gone Gold - Dishonored Sep 29, 2012, 15:27 J

Wow, weird. It's like this game is saying "Hey, like me!" and I'm just getting a creepy vibe from it. I'll wait for player feedback methinks.  

11. Re: Gone Gold - Dishonored Sep 29, 2012, 15:19 KTR

When does the review embargo lift?

I am still skeptical because its published by Bethesda. It comes down to when they lift the review embargo. If its on the day of release, game is a crap. If its a week before of release, game is great.

Bethesda published 4 games last year, of which Brink, Hunted: The Demon Forge, and Rage had on release day embargos. Only Skyrim had its embargo lifted a week earlier. Bethesda knows to hype the shit out of their games.

Sure not all games with release day embargoes are terrible, but Bethesda had a bad track record last year and I am judging them on this.

10. Re: Gone Gold - Dishonored Sep 29, 2012, 15:00 theyarecomingforyou

I'm optimistic about the game but I won't be pre-ordering it - there are just too many question marks I want to see answered. The pre-order bonuses are also weak sauce.

Most likely I'll pick it up when it goes on sale. I'll still be playing Borderlands 2 and then it won't be long before Far Cry 3 is released. The only way I might change my mind and buy it sooner is if it gets truly stunning reviews and user feedback.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

9. Re: Gone Gold - Dishonored Sep 29, 2012, 14:56 DangerDog

Doesn't interest me. Never been a fan of steampunk, though I did like Bioshock setting and it was sort of steampunkish.

They always go on about having multiple ways of tackling objectives but the outcome is always the same, not much re-playability other than do you want ending cut scene A or B.

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo