Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Black Ops 2 PC Servers & Security

A post on the Call of Duty Community Website outlines details on PC online security, matchmaking and servers in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Treyarch's upcoming military shooter sequel. Here's a handy summary of key points courtesy of One Of Swords, where there's also a discussion of some of the negative backlash this has inspired:

• All servers are dedicated servers, used for public matchmaking and league play.
  • There will be servers located around the globe.
  • You can’t rent a dedicated server; they’re just free for your use.
  • Anti-cheat is handled via VAC + Treyarch’s own proprietary tech working in tandem.
  • Treyarch has a “full-time dedicated anti-cheat team” to police the servers.
  • Server files will not be made available to the public. Treyarch runs them.
  • Mods will not be supported.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

3. Re: On Black Ops 2 PC Servers & Security Sep 29, 2012, 14:32 ASeven

They keep taking away more and more and keep giving nothing in return. Now people can't even rent the servers. Fuck me, publishers only want more and more control.

And this game will be riddled with cheaters, even more than BO1 since I don't believe Activision would hire people to monitor each server at all. This means that without admins, which at least could kick and ban, now nobody will be watching cheaters. Anyone believing otherwise is the most naive person on earth, much like DICE said they would take care of cheaters on BF3.

Also, the announcement sounds as if there will not even be a server browser but instead we'll be connected to a server through matchmaking. Since BO1 was a buggy game from the start I can't wait to see people getting connected to servers halfway across the world.

Ah well, I stopped buying CoD with CoD4. Damn, this pisses me off.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: On Black Ops 2 PC Servers & Security Sep 29, 2012, 13:27 ChopperDan

With the cheaters running so rampant in the other CoD's I think it's a good idea. If they have control over all of the servers, they can put a stop to all the assholes faster at least thats how i am viewing it.  

1. Re: On Black Ops 2 PC Servers & Security Sep 29, 2012, 13:00 spindoctor

You can’t rent a dedicated server; they’re just free for your use.

This seems odd. Treyarch would rather pay for every single dedicated server in the world instead of just letting users rent them from GSPs? What could be the reason behind this?

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo