Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interactive Trailer

This trailer is an interactive look at XCOM: Enemy Unknown allowing the chance to take command of a squad and see how your command decisions impact the outcome of a battle in the upcoming reimagining of the X-COM series. Word is: "This interactive demo illustrates the important choices you will make in XCOM: Enemy Unknown. In the actual game, you will control your XCOM operatives directly."

View
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

13. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interactive Trailer Sep 29, 2012, 16:08 Mashiki Amiketo

J wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 16:01:
Ha! Found it under S for Sid, instead of C for Civ. Neat!
Cheers man and enjoy!

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interactive Trailer Sep 29, 2012, 16:01 J

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 15:53:
J wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 15:30:
Ooh, I didn't realise it would be before the game release. Nice. No sign of it yet, even after a restart. Did you pre-order early?
I preordered last week on the monday, it popped up in the messages box at the top of the screen. Then I got a second reminder that it was in my steam inventory when I rebooted my PC a few hours ago.
Ha! Found it under S for Sid, instead of C for Civ. Neat!

11. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interactive Trailer Sep 29, 2012, 15:53 Mashiki Amiketo

J wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 15:30:
Ooh, I didn't realise it would be before the game release. Nice. No sign of it yet, even after a restart. Did you pre-order early?
I preordered last week on the monday, it popped up in the messages box at the top of the screen. Then I got a second reminder that it was in my steam inventory when I rebooted my PC a few hours ago.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

10. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interactive Trailer Sep 29, 2012, 15:37 Bucky

Cutter wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 15:08:
My major concern is that in the lastest Ars preview they state the game is maybe about 16 hours long and really doesn't seem to have any replay value. So no random maps, editor, etc. is making me go 'Hrmm' now. I think I may hold off for a little bit after launch for some more feedback.

I stopped relying on the Ars gaming reviews when Ben Kuchera left. He started the PA Report, I'd suggest his write-ups instead.

9. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interactive Trailer Sep 29, 2012, 15:30 J

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 15:12:
J wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 14:59:
Also pre-ordered. Looking forward to my free Civ V. I can see myself putting a lot of hours into them
I got my free Civ V last night, so you should get yours today or "soon"

8. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interactive Trailer Sep 29, 2012, 15:12 Mashiki Amiketo

J wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 14:59:
Also pre-ordered. Looking forward to my free Civ V. I can see myself putting a lot of hours into them
I got my free Civ V last night, so you should get yours today or "soon"

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

7. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interactive Trailer Sep 29, 2012, 15:08 Cutter

My major concern is that in the lastest Ars preview they state the game is maybe about 16 hours long and really doesn't seem to have any replay value. So no random maps, editor, etc. is making me go 'Hrmm' now. I think I may hold off for a little bit after launch for some more feedback.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

6. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interactive Trailer Sep 29, 2012, 15:03 Bucky

They've already taken my money. Now they need to give me the game!

My first playthrough will be Normal Ironman. After that, Classic Ironman. I'm looking forward to the multiplayer, but I probably won't dive into it until after at least one full single player playthough.

5. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interactive Trailer Sep 29, 2012, 14:59 J

4. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interactive Trailer Sep 29, 2012, 14:55 theyarecomingforyou

Already pre-ordered. Very much looking forward to it. Like with Civilization V I can easily see myself putting 100hrs+ into it.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

3. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interactive Trailer Sep 29, 2012, 14:38 Overon

The demo should give you a better indication of the kinds of gameplay you have. There should be more base building ie the strategic side and less emphasis on the tactical side. This is a both a strategic and tactical game. There is the small picture as well as the big picture to the gameplay. But as someone in the comments on youtube said "Shut up and take my money." Agreed.  

2. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interactive Trailer Sep 29, 2012, 14:07 Beelzebud

It's going to be a long 10 days waiting for this! Looks so damn good.  

1. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interactive Trailer Sep 29, 2012, 13:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cool use of youtube, and the playable demo (1 tutorial mission, 1 fully playable mission) is on Steam.

The game is good. Rejoice!

33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo