Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: etc. Sep 30, 2012, 12:31 Optional Nickname!

re: UT2004 bot UT^2

As a fan of bot-play and UT2004 I eagerly downloaded installed the UT^2 bot.

Regrettably I can't tell if it is working properly or not. The installation 'instructions' are meager at best. But this is what I did:

1. Install Java for Windows.
2. Install UT^2 mod for UT2004.
3. Host a listen server (You will see UT^2 specific maps)
4. Using the provided command run the java program to active the bot (You will see in your CMD window a series of actions, indicating success or failure.)

5. Play!

The first time, the CMD window just scrolled information about failures, the second time all appeared to be functioning: the bot names were ones I did not recognize and I was using the UT^2 maps. The CMD window was stable showing success, but I could not tell if the bots were UT^2 'powered' or not..by play style or any other indication.

There was one humorous moment however where a blue bot was chasing a red bot around in a most peculiar (and human) fashion for a brief time. The red bot was seeming not interested in the blue bot at all but the blue bot was firing away wildly. (CTF:November)

Either way, the game was enjoyable (the UT bots are the best anywhere) but you do lose any and all configuration options with UT^2 maps and you lose onslaught maps. You do get deathmatches, CTF and Bombing run and possibly Domination.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2012, 23:13 Rigs

FTL...seriously, I have yet to beat that bastard end Rebel ship, after nearly 10 tries...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

4. Starflight Sep 29, 2012, 16:58 jdreyer

Starflight was one of the first great open world games. I still remember that Oh Shit moment when i first met the enormous alien spaceship. What modern games replicate SF? Eve maybe? Or X3?  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

3. Re: Unreal Tournament bots appear more human than humans… Sep 29, 2012, 16:53 jdreyer

Fantaz wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 16:12:
I want to try this bot... Did anyone download UT^2 and try it out yet?
Not yet but after reading that article I will be reinstalling for sure.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

2. Unreal Tournament bots appear more human than humans… Sep 29, 2012, 16:12 Fantaz

I want to try this bot... Did anyone download UT^2 and try it out yet?  

1. Re: etc. Sep 29, 2012, 15:47 The Half Elf

And a Lego game I would like to play is only coming out on the WiiU. Bah!  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo