Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Not sure, but I think we're going to end up at a Brooklyn deli at some point today for some pastrami. I hope it works out, as it's been too long, and pastrami withdrawal is not a pretty sight.

Pretty Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Rogue Soul.
Stories: Experts foresaw problems with F-22; solutions rejected. Thanks Slashdot.
Navy Announces Research Vessel to be Named in Honor of Neil Armstrong. Thanks Slashdot.
Science: Machine Vision Sees Into Chickensí Futures. Frequently involves frying pans.
Telescope fights for funding. Thanks Slashdot.
DNA from maggot guts used to identify corpse in criminal case.
Media: Sesame Street- Birdwalk Empire.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2012, 12:57 Acleacius

Blue wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 12:25:
Enahs wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 15:25:
What are the odds that the deli you (the general you) go to in New York makes its own Pastrami?

I would suspect now that most places just purchase their Pastrami from some distributor; and there is nothing special about most of Pastrami in New York delis.

I'll ask the next time I'm there. I'm guessing you're wrong, but I can't say for sure.
Think we used to have one here called Manny Hattan's but it closed. There's just too much of a barbeque culture here, not sure there are any spare briskets.

Did Youtube get attacked, it's been down for more than an hour?

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2012, 12:52 Enahs

Blue wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 12:25:
What are the odds that the deli you (the general you) go to in New York makes its own Pastrami?

I would suspect now that most places just purchase their Pastrami from some distributor; and there is nothing special about most of Pastrami in New York delis.

I'll ask the next time I'm there. I'm guessing you're wrong, but I can't say for sure.

I hope I am! Trying local varieties of stuff is just awesome. Variety is king.

I am sure there has to be some that make their own, and some that do the whole distributor thing.

You should indulge and visit as many delis as you can, and get their pastrami and ask them and compare, etc! See, research is cool!

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2012, 12:25  Blue 

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2012, 11:57 nin

/code avail from 6-8am CST. CHeck the site. Just waiting.

Got that one. Just announced one more in a few hours, which sounds right about the time I'll be out...

edit: Boy, someone pissed in Randy's cherios...

This comment was edited on Sep 30, 2012, 12:05.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2012, 06:04 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 23:46:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 19:32:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 13:13:
THanks to Jimnms, keep an eye here https://twitter.com/duvalmagic for Borderlands 2 codes. One just expired for 1 gold key. There was 2 rounds of key codes today, and he is planning more through the weekend, testing the SHIFT system.
There was a code on the 26th that gave away 5 gold keys.
good luck!
Another one just hit. good luck!
Goddammit. That's twice now I've missed by like a half hour...

I have jimnms to thank. I was going to bed when he sent it over, and when I got up, I just made it into the 2nd one. I was at work all night, glad I didn't miss this one - waiting for the Sunday one.

/code avail from 6-8am CST. CHeck the site. Just waiting.

This comment was edited on Sep 30, 2012, 06:48.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2012, 23:46 nin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 19:32:
THanks to Jimnms, keep an eye here https://twitter.com/duvalmagic for Borderlands 2 codes. One just expired for 1 gold key. There was 2 rounds of key codes today, and he is planning more through the weekend, testing the SHIFT system.

good luck!

Goddammit. That's twice now I've missed by like a half hour...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2012, 19:32 xXBatmanXx

good luck!

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2012, 17:55 Enahs

Sepharo wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 16:21:
Yeah something about a tub of cream cheese spread across a mountain fatty meat high in cholesterol just says unhealthy to me. I understand the point your making about food though. But when another choice may be turkey and mustard, pastrami and cream cheese is the unhealthier of the two, no?

Cholesterol. You need it to live. Eating cholesterol is good for your health! Eating too much is bad.

And no, just because it has less fat and calories does not make the turkey and mustard more healthier. It just means you can eat more of it to get the same calorie intake; that is all.

Of course, this is assuming one or the other is not poisoned, or contains some toxic substance, etc.

- W. C. Fields

10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2012, 17:04 jdreyer

Enahs wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 15:28:
Sepharo wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 14:45:
Every now and then I go to a deli around here and order what is probably the least healthy sandwich on the menu...
The New York New York: A giant grilled pastrami, chive cream cheese, red onion, lettuce, tomato, mayo on focaccia.

It's heavenly.

There is nothing unhealthy about that.

Eating food is healthy. Not eating food is unhealthy.

You need fat and protein to live. You need various vitamins and minerals. That sounds like a perfectly healthy sandwich to me.

It may be high on calories, but that does not make it unhealthy; it just makes it something you should not eat excess of.

Nothing unhealthy about eating that regularly if you only want to live until 40. That's long enough to reproduce so who needs to live beyond that?

This comment was edited on Sep 30, 2012, 07:08.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2012, 16:36 PHJF

What if it's turkey pastrami?!? That's what I eat, but only because it is ALWAYS the cheapest sandwich meat at the supermarket deli (for some reason).  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2012, 16:21 Sepharo

Yeah something about a tub of cream cheese spread across a mountain fatty meat high in cholesterol just says unhealthy to me. I understand the point your making about food though. But when another choice may be turkey and mustard, pastrami and cream cheese is the unhealthier of the two, no?

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2012, 15:28 Enahs

Sepharo wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 14:45:
Every now and then I go to a deli around here and order what is probably the least healthy sandwich on the menu...
The New York New York: A giant grilled pastrami, chive cream cheese, red onion, lettuce, tomato, mayo on focaccia.

It's heavenly.

There is nothing unhealthy about that.

Eating food is healthy. Not eating food is unhealthy.

You need fat and protein to live. You need various vitamins and minerals. That sounds like a perfectly healthy sandwich to me.

It may be high on calories, but that does not make it unhealthy; it just makes it something you should not eat excess of.

- W. C. Fields

6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2012, 15:25 Enahs

- W. C. Fields

5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2012, 14:57 Cutter

Pastrami on rye with hot mustard? Oh forget about it!

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2012, 14:45 Sepharo

It's heavenly.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2012, 13:13 xXBatmanXx

good luck!

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2012, 12:38 Ratty

When the dr said to cut down on salt I had to forgo my twice weekly hot pastrami sandwich. So enjoy!  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2012, 12:16 xXBatmanXx

YUM!  

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo