Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Wasteland 2 Writing

The Wasteland Chronicles has a new blog entry written by Brian Fargo about Wasteland 2, inXile Entertainment's upcoming RPG sequel (thanks Cutter). He apologized for the lack of communication, saying he's been focused on the game's script, going on to explain why getting this done early in development is so essential:

I have been very focused on getting the first pass at all the writing complete by October. The thing that is most critical in creating a deep and re-playable experience is for us to have plenty of iteration time on the game. There is simply no substitute for allowing plenty of time for us to play the game over and over thus allowing us to hone in on the things that people are going try in the world. A wonderfully written script is not valuable if it is delivered too far into the development process. This game is going to be much deeper than most people realize and I will go out on a limb to say it is nearly impossible for two people to have the same experience playing through the game as there are so many nuanced decisions. The caliber of writing is very impressive and for those who wanted an M rated experienceÖ you will be more than satisfied. We donít pull any punches on the subject matters of a dark post apocalyptic world. My attitude is that if you going into a genre that has expectations then GO THERE.. all the way. It is for the same reasons I tend to love all the great shows and writing that I find on Showtime and HBO and find myself turned off by the material on network television. I donít like to see pandering to a mass audience for my TV shows and I certainly wonít allow this game to soften up a rough world.

View
11. Re: On Wasteland 2 Writing Sep 29, 2012, 05:41 Dev

Axis wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 21:48:
But if they turn it into a FPS like my beloved syndicate... they can go fluff off!
I suggest you read that vision document they released for the game.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Sep 28, 21:48 Re: On Wasteland 2 Writing Axis
  2. Sep 28, 22:16  Re: On Wasteland 2 Writing Suckage
  6. Sep 28, 23:04   Re: On Wasteland 2 Writing Axis
>> 11. Sep 29, 05:41  Re: On Wasteland 2 Writing Dev
  12. Sep 29, 06:24   Re: On Wasteland 2 Writing Jerykk
  13. Sep 29, 10:56   Re: On Wasteland 2 Writing Axis
  3. Sep 28, 22:41 Re: On Wasteland 2 Writing Cutter
  8. Sep 29, 00:35  Re: On Wasteland 2 Writing nin
  9. Sep 29, 02:53   Re: On Wasteland 2 Writing Draugr
  4. Sep 28, 22:41 Re: On Wasteland 2 Writing John