Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III PTR Patch Notes Updated

The Diablo III Website has updated Public Test Realm Patch version 1.0.5 for the upcoming patch for Blizzard's action/RPG sequel. A number of additional planned changes are highlighted, including a doubling of legendary item drop rates.

View
37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

17. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 28, 2012, 18:21 HorrorScope

Axis wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 18:00:
So my post is more for everyone else who is already done with TL2, BL2, or even GW2, etc like myself who wants to see what a real ARPG feels like in the 21st century.

Wow do you ever blow through games. If I was that hard to satisfy, I'd definitely be a lot lot lot more picky dropping dollars. I really like TL2 and BL2, I like BL2 a little better, probably because I like FP perspective over top-down and why not? It's a ton more immersive and puts you in the world. Once there it's the same ARPG formula.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Diablo III PTR Patch Notes Updated Sep 28, 2012, 18:21 Axis

Slashman wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 18:13:
So my post is more for everyone else who is already done with TL2, BL2, or even GW2, etc like myself who wants to see what a real ARPG feels like in the 21st century.

Are they paying you money for promoting them in every Blues thread?

In any case...TL2 is a fine game. It builds on the first one and has enough that is different about it to make it worth playing.

Titan Quest stills stand as my favourite aRPG and so I'm patiently waiting for Grim Dawn to appear...but no rush...plenty to play in the interim.

If they paid me a buck for every thread I post about them I'd be like a whole $5 richer!

Now if Crave paid you for talking about Titan Quest you'd make about $20!!

I talk about what is relevant, and I don't play the wishing and shitting in hands game...

Yours truly,

Axis

15. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 28, 2012, 18:18 HorrorScope

dj LiTh wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 16:03:
I'll say it as well. TL2 is pretty boring indeed. Not happy with the state of d3, but to say that TL2 is better is just being jaded and having no clue about better ARPG's that came before such as Titan Quest. On its worst day d3 beats TL2.

I like TL2 better then TQ and by a good stretch. TQ wasn't all that, even though I know many think it was. Face it they are all very similar and ARPG's are a shallow experience. There is a reason why there was a war of words back in the Diablo 1 days, it went from games like BG to D1 and many many many complained D1 wasn't a RPG and was the dumbing down of games then, consoles just took it even further.

14. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 28, 2012, 18:16 HorrorScope

pagb wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 14:50:
Tried Torchlight 2, couldn't stand before it longer than 10mins

LOL. Good ole internet sarcasm at its finest.

13. Re: Diablo III PTR Patch Notes Updated Sep 28, 2012, 18:13 Slashman

Are they paying you money for promoting them in every Blues thread?

In any case...TL2 is a fine game. It builds on the first one and has enough that is different about it to make it worth playing.

Titan Quest stills stand as my favourite aRPG and so I'm patiently waiting for Grim Dawn to appear...but no rush...plenty to play in the interim.

12. Re: Diablo III PTR Patch Notes Updated Sep 28, 2012, 18:00 Axis

Dades wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 17:11:
I'll say it as well. TL2 is pretty boring indeed. Not happy with the state of d3, but to say that TL2 is better is just being jaded and having no clue about better ARPG's that came before such as Titan Quest. On its worst day d3 beats TL2.

Have to disagree because while I think it's far from perfect, TL2 is a better pure ARPG than D3 on its best day. The terrible randomization, weapon damage based skill system and so on make it a really boring and linear game. There is a lot of quality of life stuff in D3 that I wish other games had but that comes from the big budget approach. I still think Diablo 2 is the best ARPG ever made and no current game surpasses it. Maybe Grim Dawn, let's hope one of these hits it out of the park.

D2 having been king has more to do with its time in computing and multiplayer history than being a great game, even tho it was a great game for reasons other than just it's timeline.

Passion. That's the key to making a great game. Passion.

And PoE most definitely is a product of passion - it surpasses D2 in so many ways already, too many to mention -- you can discover them yourself if you play it for any amount of time. It also has an unsurpassed league system (which most have no idea of if they haven't been in the beta for long), is not afraid to break out of the 'tried and true' garbage, on and on. Not to mention the incredible communication between devs and customers and vice versa.

But TL2 is supposed to hold Dades over till Grim Dawn as he mentioned anyway -- that's gonna be a looooong ass time Dades good luck!

Yours truly,

Axis

11. Re: Diablo III PTR Patch Notes Updated Sep 28, 2012, 17:11 Dades

Have to disagree because while I think it's far from perfect, TL2 is a better pure ARPG than D3 on its best day. The terrible randomization, weapon damage based skill system and so on make it a really boring and linear game. There is a lot of quality of life stuff in D3 that I wish other games had but that comes from the big budget approach. I still think Diablo 2 is the best ARPG ever made and no current game surpasses it. Maybe Grim Dawn, let's hope one of these hits it out of the park.

10. Re: Diablo III PTR Patch Notes Updated Sep 28, 2012, 17:05 Axis

I'll keep saying the undeniable truth to anyone who actually played the crap outta d2...

Only worthy successor to D2 is... Path of Exile. End of story, nothing else can touch it.

Yours truly,

Axis

9. Re: Diablo III PTR Patch Notes Updated Sep 28, 2012, 16:03 dj LiTh

8. Re: Diablo III PTR Patch Notes Updated Sep 28, 2012, 15:07 BobBob

pagb wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 14:50:

Take some Ritalin and try again. After the first few introduction style quest Torchlight 2 becomes a very intense and diverse game. Diablo 3 gets more boring as time goes on.

7. Re: Diablo III PTR Patch Notes Updated Sep 28, 2012, 14:50 pagb

6. Re: Diablo III PTR Patch Notes Updated Sep 28, 2012, 14:34 BobBob

Darks wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 12:46:
Its just you, maybe your a boring person.

Quoted for truth.

5. Re: Diablo III PTR Patch Notes Updated Sep 28, 2012, 14:32 BobBob

Enjoying fond memories of Jay Wilson as I play Torchlight 2.  

4. Re: Diablo III PTR Patch Notes Updated Sep 28, 2012, 13:43 Optional nickname

Sorry for throwing in a comment into every D3 topic,

I just wish to share news, that I have boycotted this game. Corporate greed does not belong as a fundamental game engine in my choice of games. Sure, I can farm for 9,000 hours, but at that point, I would FAR rather be a REAL Farmer.

Also, to enlighten some elementary folk out there, doubling nothing, still yields ==> nothing.

3. Re: Diablo III PTR Patch Notes Updated Sep 28, 2012, 12:46 Darks

descender wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 12:13:
Well my Monk gets utterly destroyed on PTR now thanks to the STI debuff. GG Blizzard.

Unfortunately, Torchlight 2 is boring as fuck. I have zero idea what appeal anyone finds in that game.

Its just you, maybe your a boring person.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

2. Re: Diablo III PTR Patch Notes Updated Sep 28, 2012, 12:13 descender

Well my Monk gets utterly destroyed on PTR now thanks to the STI debuff. GG Blizzard.

Unfortunately, Torchlight 2 is boring as fuck. I have zero idea what appeal anyone finds in that game.

1. Re: Diablo III PTR Patch Notes Updated Sep 28, 2012, 10:45 RailWizard

Middlefinger  

37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo