Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

GRID 2 Gameplay Trailers

Two new trailers for GRID 2 offer the first looks at gameplay from Codemasters' upcoming racing sequel, showing racing on the streets of Chicago and along the California coast taken from an alpha version of the game. Word is: "The Chicago video features a Street Racing stage where muscle cars, including the Camaro SS, Z06 Corvette and Boss Mustang, charge through skyscraper-lined streets and chase through tunnels. The California Coast video follows a head-to-head, point-to-point duel between a contemporary Boss Mustang and a classic Mustang Mach 1 on a tight and twisting sprint for the line."

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: GRID 2 Gameplay Trailers Sep 28, 2012, 08:48 nin

Keep meaning to instal the original, after getting it on steam for like $5.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: GRID 2 Gameplay Trailers Sep 28, 2012, 02:16 Evil Timmy

Wait, so does this one have actual racing in it? Nice. Kinda missed that from all but one event in Dirt Showdown. Can we get drifting back too? I really, really enjoyed the original, so I'm hoping this is a return to form from Codemasters' hyper-arcadey bent. When Criterion starts making more serious and realistic racing games than you, it might be time to examine the direction you're headed in.  

4. Re: GRID 2 Gameplay Trailers Sep 28, 2012, 00:45 MisterBenn

Definitely arcadey, those cars have like 5x the grip you'd expect and can make large readjustments while going round a corner with no issues whatsoever! I am looking for another sim, my G25 has been gathering dust since NFS Shift 1 + mods.

Considering people normally have a single wheel and PC at their house, I think more racing sims should cater for "party mode" time trails, letting friends play in any order on a chosen course and maintain a chart of everyone's best times with named ghosts selectable so you can jump in and out and compete. It seems to be such a simple thing and yet I always found games wouldn't directly let me do that.

Playing: Path of Exile, Pandora: First Contact

3. Re: GRID 2 Gameplay Trailers Sep 28, 2012, 00:44 Jerykk

Project CARS looks a lot better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9Ud1yFe1-Y

2. Re: GRID 2 Gameplay Trailers Sep 27, 2012, 21:16 siapnar

Gorgeous graphics, but no cockpit view? Lame  

I have projectile dysfunction.

1. Re: GRID 2 Gameplay Trailers Sep 27, 2012, 21:07 jdreyer

Looks beautiful. Cars were a bit arcady, I hope they add a bit more realistic physics to it.

I like the original GRiD, but don't play much of it b/c it doesn't work with my driving wheel for some reason.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo