Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Consolidation

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. NBA LIVE Sep 28, 2012, 14:28 Ant

Again?  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 28, 2012, 13:20 avianflu

for all of its many faults RE2 has some great moments here and there. AKA the first time you see the licker. Or the first time the spiders appear and all you have is a knife.  

4. Re: NBA LIVE 13 Cancelled. Sep 28, 2012, 10:24 Flatline

PropheT wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 02:16:
I loved the first two RE games, but they didn't age well in the graphics or the gameplay department. They didn't even play that well back then, but they were different.

It's not that the horror died out, that really didn't change all that much even into RE5...but by then, everybody'd seen it all, a lot of fans of the early ones didn't remember that the originals were as cheeseball as RE5 is, and people seem to ignore that the entire iosmetric tank-like gameplay design of games like RE1-3, Eternal Darkness, and a few others died off completely when better systems were developed. The games changed because gaming changed.

Maybe a re-release will remind people of that, which I don't think is what the article meant by "is just what the RE series needs", but it still works.

Oh man I need more coffee. I thought for some reason that they were re-releasing Silent Hill 2. I had this whole long diatribe ready and then I realized it was RE2. Which I don't give a sh*t about.

3. Re: NBA LIVE 13 Cancelled. Sep 28, 2012, 02:16 PropheT

I loved the first two RE games, but they didn't age well in the graphics or the gameplay department. They didn't even play that well back then, but they were different.

It's not that the horror died out, that really didn't change all that much even into RE5...but by then, everybody'd seen it all, a lot of fans of the early ones didn't remember that the originals were as cheeseball as RE5 is, and people seem to ignore that the entire iosmetric tank-like gameplay design of games like RE1-3, Eternal Darkness, and a few others died off completely when better systems were developed. The games changed because gaming changed.

Maybe a re-release will remind people of that, which I don't think is what the article meant by "is just what the RE series needs", but it still works.

2. NBA LIVE 13 Cancelled. Sep 27, 2012, 21:13 jdreyer

Apparently due to a ref strike.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

1. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 27, 2012, 20:28 Prez

I LOVED Resident Evil 2 on Playstation. I'm not sure the gameplay will have held up so well after so many years though.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo