Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Into the Black

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Into the Black Sep 28, 2012, 10:10 Beamer

nin wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 08:40:
mag wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 01:16:
Lorcin wrote on Sep 27, 2012, 22:43:
Didn't have much to do tonight so the wife and I watched a stream of CBS for 80 minutes before "Big Bang Theory" started.

How the bloody hell do you follow a plot in the US??? There's a 30 second adbreak every minute or so - my favorite is the ad break you have before the credits.

No one really watches TV. It's just a thing you put on while you do the laundry or take a nap or play with your laptop/smartphone/newspaper.

I've not watched tv in years. I wait for disc or streaming...no commercials, mostly subtitles, pause anytime you want, resume it later, etc...

For the few shows I actually watch (e.g., Breaking Bad), I'll wait 20 minutes into the episode. Pop on the DVR, fast forward through commercials, and finish at the same time the actual episode does.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Into the Black Sep 28, 2012, 09:31 nin

Prez wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 09:29:
I've not watched tv in years. I wait for disc or streaming...no commercials, mostly subtitles, pause anytime you want, resume itlater,etc...

Same here. Sooner or later enough people will end up consuming their TV in this manner that the regressive, anti-progress TV studios will have no choice but to adapt or die. The sooner the better I say.

YEAH! Lookin at you, HBO, ya fuckers!!!!!!!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

9. Re: Into the Black Sep 28, 2012, 09:29 Prez

I've not watched tv in years. I wait for disc or streaming...no commercials, mostly subtitles, pause anytime you want, resume itlater,etc...

Same here. Sooner or later enough people will end up consuming their TV in this manner that the regressive, anti-progress TV studios will have no choice but to adapt or die. The sooner the better I say.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

8. Re: Into the Black Sep 28, 2012, 08:50 Verno

Didn't have much to do tonight so the wife and I watched a stream of CBS for 80 minutes before "Big Bang Theory" started.

How the bloody hell do you follow a plot in the US??? There's a 30 second adbreak every minute or so - my favorite is the ad break you have before the credits.

Most of us who know how just download it at this point. The TV market is beyond frustrating, I hope pretty much anyone with marketing degree falls into a well.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

7. Re: Into the Black Sep 28, 2012, 08:40 nin

mag wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 01:16:

No one really watches TV. It's just a thing you put on while you do the laundry or take a nap or play with your laptop/smartphone/newspaper.

I've not watched tv in years. I wait for disc or streaming...no commercials, mostly subtitles, pause anytime you want, resume it later, etc...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

6. Re: Into the Black Sep 28, 2012, 01:16 mag

5. Re: Into the Black Sep 27, 2012, 23:16 Cutter

I don't know about stupid so much as generally ignorant - by which I mean extremely self-centered - and very loud and obnoxious. Obviously that's a stereotype but it does apply to more people and places I've been to in the US - as well as Americans coming here - than I've ever experienced anywhere else. I also think that perception is coloured with a bit of jealously too. Most people in most other countries aren't nearly as self-assured in that "manifest-destiny" sort of way that Americans are either. There's definitely a bit of envy in there. There are times when that sort of arrogance is insulting, and other times it's pretty admirable. Let's just say they definitely make the world a lot more interesting for both the good and the bad. I know I think it'd be a much duller world without them, and given how much time I've spent in the US I certainly love them more than I don't like them.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

4. Re: Into the Black Sep 27, 2012, 22:43 Lorcin

This comment was edited on Sep 27, 2012, 23:17.

3. Re: Into the Black Sep 27, 2012, 20:55 Prez

Yeah the bits with Cato are hysterical!  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

2. Re: Into the Black Sep 27, 2012, 20:50 Cutter

Yeah, those scenes with Sellars were priceless. Whole place getting trashed. And I always love how a fight could just stop to take care of some other business.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

1. Re: Into the Black Sep 27, 2012, 20:45 Prez

Herbert Lom Dead: 'Pink Panther' Actor Dies At 95.

Ahh, Inspector Clouseau (CHIEF Inspector!) finally did him in after all these years. Thanks for the many laughs.

- Mahatma Gandhi

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo