Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

World of Warcraft Free Character Transfers

The World of Warcraft Website announces Blizzard is now offering free character transfers in their MMORPG:

We’re providing free transfers off of realms that are currently seeing high queue times. If you’re on one of the below realms and would like to avoid waiting in queues to play, you can take advantage of these free transfers. We’ve done our best to match realm types and time zones for a smooth transfer process.

The current transfers will go until approximately 9:00 a.m. PDT, October 4. Please be aware that, due to the unpredictable nature of free transfers, we may close down any transfers at any time and without warning if the destination realm becomes full. If you plan to move with friends or your guild, we suggest that you coordinate the effort to reduce the chance of any stragglers being left behind.

Although free Guild Master Realm Transfers are not possible at this time, these free character transfers will allow you to retain your guild membership and reputation, provided the guild master completes a Guild Master Realm Transfer to the destination realm first, and does not change factions.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: World of Warcraft Free Character Transfers Sep 29, 2012, 03:10 z0dd

an I transfer my WoW characters to GW2 for free? Cool.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Steam Bestsellers Sep 27, 2012, 20:11 IQ

Creston wrote on Sep 27, 2012, 10:49
ueue times.... Eight years running and WoW STILL has queue times? 150 million dollars a month in revenue, and they can't be bothered to add some more infrastructure?
[/quote:

They could. But you don't become rich by wasting money. And it is wasting money buying hardware you only need a couple of days a year. (Just ask Onlive how that goes)

15. Re: World of Warcraft Free Character Transfers Sep 27, 2012, 19:26 Muscular Beaver

Trevellian wrote on Sep 27, 2012, 15:43:
I can't believe idiots still play this turd with games like Guild Wars 2 available.
Shut up already!
Its bad enough that I'm still waiting for my GW2 copy to arrive.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

14. Re: World of Warcraft Free Character Transfers Sep 27, 2012, 19:25 Muscular Beaver

I actually have 3 chars on one of those servers and always wanted to change because having idiots in trade chat all day long is bad enough, but an overcrowded server is hell.
But then I remembered they ruined this game and I dont care anymore.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

13. Re: World of Warcraft Free Character Transfers Sep 27, 2012, 17:17 MattyC

Trevellian wrote on Sep 27, 2012, 15:49:
nin wrote on Sep 27, 2012, 15:47:
I can't believe idiots still play this turd with games like Guild Wars 2 available.

YEAH! What's up with those people that like other games than you do?! The nerve!

It's a going on 10 year old turd that was once upon a time good. Pandaria is getting terrible reviews. They no longer have a direction or anything substantial to add to the MMO space. It's a nearly 10 year old turd that needs to be pinched off whether you like it or not.

I am having a good bit of fun with it, best expansion since TBC (probably better than it). I hated Cata and really didn't think I would come back, but I have to admit I am having fun. I thought GW1 wasn't very good so GW2 was never on my radar. Good thing there are different games for different people right?

And what reviews? I don't think anyone has really reviewed it yet.

12. Re: World of Warcraft Free Character Transfers Sep 27, 2012, 15:59 Trevellian

nin wrote on Sep 27, 2012, 15:58:
You poop fixation is odd, but I'm not going to judge you.

Plop

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

11. Re: World of Warcraft Free Character Transfers Sep 27, 2012, 15:58 nin

You poop fixation is odd, but I'm not going to judge you.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

10. Re: World of Warcraft Free Character Transfers Sep 27, 2012, 15:49 Trevellian

nin wrote on Sep 27, 2012, 15:47:

YEAH! What's up with those people that like other games than you do?! The nerve!

It's a going on 10 year old turd that was once upon a time good. Pandaria is getting terrible reviews. They no longer have a direction or anything substantial to add to the MMO space. It's a nearly 10 year old turd that needs to be pinched off whether you like it or not.

For the Republic

9. Re: World of Warcraft Free Character Transfers Sep 27, 2012, 15:47 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

8. Re: World of Warcraft Free Character Transfers Sep 27, 2012, 15:43 Trevellian

For the Republic

7. Re: World of Warcraft Free Character Transfers Sep 27, 2012, 15:40 sauron

Queue times.... Eight years running and WoW STILL has queue times? 150 million dollars a month in revenue, and they can't be bothered to add some more infrastructure?

That's fucking ridiculous.

Creston

I don't think they're having capacity issues. They're making it up so people think the game is still popular.

Kittens!

6. Re: World of Warcraft Free Character Transfers Sep 27, 2012, 13:26 Wallshadows

Blame stupid fanboys for padding the space. I am sure if Blood Legion moved from Illidan to some backwater server, a large chunk of the server would move with them and the same would go for any high-profile guild or arena team. People just want to say they're on the same server as top-ranked players and feel as though they should be recognized for it.

Furthermore, Blizzard can open up free server transfers all they want but if players don't bite, well, they sure as fuck shouldn't complain when they decide to stick around and hit queues. As an example, Blackrock has always been full and has been given plenty of free server transfers off but it still retains the old motto 'gtfo, blackrock is full'. Especially now that you can cross-realm raid and run dungeons, you're not severing ties to those you played with...

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

5. Re: World of Warcraft Free Character Transfers Sep 27, 2012, 13:11 NKD

ueue times.... Eight years running and WoW STILL has queue times? 150 million dollars a month in revenue, and they can't be bothered to add some more infrastructure?

Creston [/quote:

They don't need to add infrastructure, they already have a lot of ghost servers that need people. Transfers are the right move.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

4. Re: World of Warcraft Free Character Transfers Sep 27, 2012, 12:10 Ozmodan

<Laughs> wait 30 days, half those people playing, won't be next month. The usual 2 year wait on an expansion only provides about 30 days of content for most people, unless you have to do the exact same thing with all your alts.  

3. Re: World of Warcraft Free Character Transfers Sep 27, 2012, 11:16 dardin

Creston [/quote:

The queue times are only an issue when they release a new expansion and only an issue on the high population realms. Adding more servers would be a waste of money. WoW already has a tons of servers with very low populations. The queues will disappear on their own within a month after the newness of the new expansion wears off. Then 3 - 6 months from now people who resubscribed for the new expansion will unsubscribe once again. Then the cycle repeats in another 2 years.

2. Re: World of Warcraft Free Character Transfers Sep 27, 2012, 10:54 briktal

Creston [/quote:

Subscriber count is dropping, quick add more server capacity.

1. Re: World of Warcraft Free Character Transfers Sep 27, 2012, 10:49 Creston

Queue times.... Eight years running and WoW STILL has queue times? 150 million dollars a month in revenue, and they can't be bothered to add some more infrastructure?

Creston

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo