Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 28, 2012, 10:36 Flatline

Beamer wrote on Sep 27, 2012, 14:09:
avianflu wrote on Sep 27, 2012, 13:50:
Halo -- the most incoherent plot of a game franchise from a major publisher. Dead Space is close though.

Anything from Capcom is worse. Seriously, Dead Rising?
I'd argue that Call of Duty is worse, too.

But I don't really remember what Halo's was. I just remember having a loose idea. Still better than some.
Storytelling is really lacking.

War with aliens. We run away, jump randomly to Halo. Fight on Halo, find the second most annoying video game character ever (Claptrap is probably #1), fight boring redundant flood, find out that Halo will destroy large portion of galaxy if fired, backtrack through every level of the game, blow up ship engines to destroy halo without blowing it up. Escape.

Halo 2:

Some weird shit with the aliens having a protaganist, a flood hive mind, blah blah blah. Ends on a stupid cliffhanger with Master Chief coming back to Earth.

Halo 3:
Master Chief kicks ass on a small scale, aliens unearth older alien machine, jump out of galaxy, MC follows. Kicks more ass, finds Halo construction machine, detonates new Halo to kill gravemind (?) and evil aliens. Gets stranded in space, assumed KIA.

Halo ODST:
The cast of Firefly lands in a city, has wacky adventures, finds alien who wants to defect to humans and is never seen again.

Halo Reach:
Fuck. I'm dead.

I think I covered it all.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 27, 2012, 14:09 Beamer

avianflu wrote on Sep 27, 2012, 13:50:
Halo -- the most incoherent plot of a game franchise from a major publisher. Dead Space is close though.

Anything from Capcom is worse. Seriously, Dead Rising?
I'd argue that Call of Duty is worse, too.

But I don't really remember what Halo's was. I just remember having a loose idea. Still better than some.
Storytelling is really lacking.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 27, 2012, 13:50 avianflu

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 27, 2012, 12:42 Talyn

I saw this linked at X360A and was happy that practically all the commenters came out in defense of Halo Wars. It was by far my favorite of the entire Halo franchise. Ensemble did a great job with a console RTS, even as streamlined as they made it.  

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 27, 2012, 12:01 Axis

Bungie "whored out" when they stopped producing quality games on the PC so they could sleep in MS's xbox bed. I still have some of the fondest memories of Myth TFL, and even th original halo.

Yours truly,

Axis

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 27, 2012, 11:27 SpectralMeat

Interesting article about Halo Wars. RTS on console is not a very popular genre especially not on the 360, where most people are only interested in CoD or Gears. I did play Halo Wars and I thought it was a really well done game and an excellent control scheme for the controller. Too bad it wasn't successful but they should have seen it coming miles away.
RTS games belong to the PC, yet devs keep on trying and keep on failing. C&C, Supreme Commander, etc. We'll see how XCOM will do on the consoles, but I have a feeling the PC sales numbers will blow the console out of the water.

Steam: SpectralMeat

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo