Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mass Effect Trilogy Announced

The BioWare Blog announces the Mass Effect Trilogy. a bundle of the three games in the sci-fi action/RPG series they will release in time for this year's holiday season for Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3, which brings the original Mass Effect to the PS3 for the first time. Here's more on the contents of the bundle:

• Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3
  • Over 75 hours of story content, plus Mass Effect 3ís online co-op multiplayer
  • Create and customize your own character with his or her appearance and skills, then play your Commander Shepard through all three Mass Effect games.
  • Experience an amazingly rich and detailed universe where your decisions have profound consequences on the action and the outcome.
  • Build a personalized arsenal with powerful weapons complete with their own upgrades and modifications
  • Unleash devastating abilities and skills as you command and train an elite squad.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Mass Effect Trilogy Announced Sep 27, 2012, 16:13 Fritzo

My decisions made no difference at the end of ME3  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Mass Effect Trilogy Announced Sep 27, 2012, 05:41 Fantaz

El Pit wrote on Sep 27, 2012, 01:28:
Bundle ALL DLC and the three games, and for $40 I'd be in.

Just wait between weeks to 1 month after release. Price will drop when they figure out those who wanted to play it already did when the games came out.

12. Re: Mass Effect Trilogy Announced Sep 27, 2012, 04:25 peteham

Most likely, given the timing, the bundle will include the DLC for ME1 and 2, but not 3.

I wonder if there will be any additional improvements. Since I already own the games + the DLC I'm interested in, that would be the only reason for me to grab this. A light cover- and shooting mechanics overhaul for ME1 would be nice, for one. The same goes for the incredibly clunky inventory and tedious loot and weapon mods stuff (made even worse by the aforementioned inventory). I'd really like to replay ME1 for the story stuff at some point, but the overall gameplay is just way off in so many ways I've never been able to get very far in any of my attempts. Plus, the majority of the game is spent doing side-quests that are mind-bogglingly generic and boring.

11. Re: Mass Effect Trilogy Announced Sep 27, 2012, 02:33 Esoteric

I did enjoy the first and second installments. But I got the first for $5 and the second for free, so that might have something to do with it. Won't play the 3rd until it's $5.  

10. Re: Mass Effect Trilogy Announced Sep 27, 2012, 01:28 El Pit

Bundle ALL DLC and the three games, and for $40 I'd be in.  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

9. Re: Mass Effect Trilogy Announced Sep 26, 2012, 23:22 Tumbler

Just checked origin, 60% sale on many games, you buy all three on PC and they will cost $30. (right now)

But this package is $60!? If they include all the dlc then I can understand this but looking at the contents I don't see extra discs. First game is 1 disc, 2nd and 3rd game are 2 discs each, so seems unlikely.

I love the product image where is says Exclusive Artwork! It's the fucking box! Do they expect you to display it open like that on a shelf? Why can't they include a poster or something, a t-shirt. Can you get anymore barebones than this offering? We made a BOX!!! It holds all the discs!!! For only $60!? Why do you have to suck so bad Bioware? Put something in this package that makes it interesting. How about making the box big enough to hold and 8.5 x 11 artwork thing that you can frame. Make it all nice and shiny. Throw in an N7 patch. How about a keychain that looks like a sniper rifle? Doesn't the new ending have all these stills that people really liked? He here is a crazy idea, print those on high quality paper and put those in.

Jeez, these guys could learn a thing or two from kickstarter.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

8. Re: Mass Effect Trilogy Announced Sep 26, 2012, 22:34 Cutter

Why not finish the fucking game properly first?

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

7. Re: Mass Effect Trilogy Announced Sep 26, 2012, 22:28 007Bistromath

Make it easier to get Bring Down the Sky, unify the face creator, and include an all-paths save editor, then we'll talk.  

6. Re: Mass Effect Trilogy Announced Sep 26, 2012, 21:51 Asmo

This would have been good (including DLC etc) if I didn't already own everything in bits and pieces.

I plan to play again once all the DLC is done and dusted (and cheap), probably next year.

Everything up to the last 15 minutes is great for me, and tbh the stills ending they finally added would have been a perfect wrap up to the series if the deus ex machina crucible bullshit wasn't so bloody annoying (I personally love the idea of the indoctrination ending).

5. Re: Mass Effect Trilogy Announced Sep 26, 2012, 21:42 SlimRam

• Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3

• Over 75 hours of story content, plus Mass Effect 3ís online co-op multiplayer

• Create and customize your own character with his or her appearance and skills, then play your Commander Shepard through all three Mass Effect games.

• Experience an amazingly rich and detailed universe where your decisions have profound consequences on the action and the outcome.

• Build a personalized arsenal with powerful weapons complete with their own upgrades and modifications

• Unleash devastating abilities and skills as you command and train an elite squad.

• AND THEN EXPERIENCE THE UUUUUUUUULTIMATE MIND-BENDING CLIMAX TO THIS INCREDIBLE SAGA!!!!

.....then realize that there was absolutely no point in making any of the hundreds of decisions that brought you to the ending... Furious2

I went to the 'Water and Ice' store near my house and I asked to see they're 'Secret Menu'.

4. Re: Mass Effect Trilogy Announced Sep 26, 2012, 21:41 Redlite

Won't happen, but would be awesome if they upgraded the engine of ME1/2 and made it one 'seamless' game, or at the very least added some new content.  

3. Re: Mass Effect Trilogy Announced Sep 26, 2012, 20:48 Jivaro

Tumbler wrote on Sep 26, 2012, 20:27:
    $60 seems laughable for this. I bought the first on on steam for $5 and the second on amazon for $7.50. Origin sales have it super cheap often seems like this is asking a lot.

If it comes with all of the DLC for all three games and I find it for somewhere between 40 and 50 bucks...I might be convinced to buy it for PC and give my individual copies to one of my kids. If it releases as just the vanilla games they can fuck off at that price, and pretty much any other.

2. Re: Mass Effect Trilogy Announced Sep 26, 2012, 20:27 Tumbler

$60 seems laughable for this. I bought the first on on steam for $5 and the second on amazon for $7.50. Origin sales have it super cheap often seems like this is asking a lot.  
    99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
    Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

1. Re: Mass Effect Trilogy Announced Sep 26, 2012, 20:22 Dr. D. Schreber

Experience an amazingly rich and detailed universe where your decisions have profound consequences on the action and the outcome.

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffthahahahahahahah

Seriously, though, at least PS3 users finally get ME1. Wonder how much EA had to pay Microsoft for the publishing rights...

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo