Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Previews

View
2. Re: Evening Previews Sep 27, 2012, 05:29 dj LiTh

Cutter wrote on Sep 27, 2012, 03:56:
The engaging multiplayer mode should help add some important long-term value to a single-player campaign that probably won't merit more than a single playthrough. But in the four hours or so I spent working through the single player preview build (which I was told represents about one quarter of the game), I felt like I had barely scratched the surface as far as tactical and upgrade options. I can't wait to see what the rest of the game holds, even if I'm not sure that I can handle seeing another one of my units die an untimely death.

Huh, that doesn't sound good. 16 hours? No replayability? Are there no random maps? No map editor? That would be a very bad move.

That reviewer is clearly a moron. I'm guessing he was playing on the lowest difficulty to since it took him 9 missions to lose his first soldier.

There are about 80-90 premade maps, the randomization comes from the alien makeup, and their positions/your position.

In a given full game they said there will be about 35 missions or so. Its possible you play the game a few times and still dont see every map. Also considering firaxis's track record i'm betting mod support in the future.

Also every other review i've read has remarked at the extensive replayability.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Sep 27, 03:56 Re: Evening Previews Cutter
>> 2. Sep 27, 05:29  Re: Evening Previews dj LiTh
  3. Sep 27, 05:29  Re: Evening Previews J
  4. Sep 27, 05:35   Re: Evening Previews InBlack
  5. Sep 27, 05:37    Re: Evening Previews J
  6. Sep 27, 05:54 Re: Evening Previews dj LiTh
  7. Sep 27, 07:18  Re: Evening Previews J
  8. Sep 27, 07:59  Re: Evening Previews InBlack
  10. Sep 27, 08:31   Re: Evening Previews Slashman
  11. Sep 28, 04:06    Re: Evening Previews J