Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

GOG.com Announces Announcements

CD Projekt RED and GOG.com announce plans for some announcements on October 18, giving everyone a few weeks to clear their calendars for the occasion. They say they will be revealing plans to bring some of "the best PC games from throughout history to a new operating system" (we assume by "new" they mean new to the games, not a reveal of Windows 9 or OS XI), will offer more details on the upcoming OS X release of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, and will be unveiling the official title of their upcoming Cyberpunk RPG. As for Cyberpunk, they add: "More exclusive details about the project will be shown." Those interested will be able to participate remotely, as the whole presentation will be streamed live over the internet on The Witcher Facebook Page and GOG.com.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: GOG.com Announces Announcements Sep 26, 2012, 21:40 Suckage

Right! That was stupid, indeed. In all honesty I don't feel all that strongly about their idiotic marketing move (as might be apparent), but I can understand why it'd frustrate some, if not many or most.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: GOG.com Announces Announcements Sep 26, 2012, 11:28 Creston

Suckage wrote on Sep 26, 2012, 01:09:
I don't even remember why they announced that "shutdown"...

They apparently felt that scaring every customer into thinking they'd lose their (archive of) purchased games was an awesome marketing tactic.

Most people disagreed.

Creston

6. removed Sep 26, 2012, 08:37 space captain

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 26, 2012, 10:00.

Go forth, and kill!

5. Re: GOG.com Announces Announcements Sep 26, 2012, 01:09 Suckage

I don't even remember why they announced that "shutdown"...  

4. Re: GOG.com Announces Announcements Sep 26, 2012, 00:20 Dev

Jerykk wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 22:45:
Dev wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 21:53:
What, you mean they aren't announcing a fake shutdown with a non apology afterwards?

Really? You're still angry about that?

If it was a real apology I might be ok with it after some time had passed. But the tone and the mocking manner of the video apology, they weren't sorry at all.

Just like I'm still not ok with valve's broken promises about L4D1. They never did apologize for that one.

Anyway, I recall that debacle starting like this from the same company. Announcements about announcements.

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 2012, 00:56.

3. Re: GOG.com Announces Announcements Sep 25, 2012, 22:45 Jerykk

Dev wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 21:53:
What, you mean they aren't announcing a fake shutdown with a non apology afterwards?

Really? You're still angry about that?

2. Re: GOG.com Announces Announcements Sep 25, 2012, 21:53 Dev

1. Re: GOG.com Announces Announcements Sep 25, 2012, 21:04 BobBob

Don't care. Playing Torchlight 2 from Steam.  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo