Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Into the Black

Link of the Day: 12 Deadly Inventions That Killed Their Creators. Thanks nin.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Into the Black Sep 29, 2012, 19:33 Sepharo

Well shit, maybe you were on to something Lorcin...

eonline.com/news/349796/fox-apologizes-for-airing-suicide-of-car-chase-suspect

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Into the Black Sep 26, 2012, 09:52 xXBatmanXx

Lorcin wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 22:14:
This will be down very soon but check the piss poor photoshop job on simon cowell and carmen electra:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/4557504/The-Electra-Factor.html

What in the world is that BLOB in between them! hahahahah

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

10. Re: Death gif Sep 26, 2012, 07:51 jdreyer

yonder wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 22:39:
I'm not surprised, at all, by gawker having a looping gif of someone dying as their headline. There is nowhere to low to go for Gawker. I am, however, surprised at Blue for linking to it. Did you somehow *NOT* see the headline image? Or are you okay with gifs that show someone plummeting to their death over and over and over and...

It actually took a good 2m to load that for me. If I'd just scrolled down right away, I would have missed it. It's entirely possible Blue thought it was a static image, as it was for me the first 15s or so. If I hadn't been working at the time, I would have totally missed it.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

9. Re: Death gif Sep 26, 2012, 02:11 Cutter

And Europeans don't freak out over sex like America does, and America has the largest prison population in the world by volume and per capita. Hrm...

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

8. Re: Death gif Sep 26, 2012, 01:03 Sepharo

Is it disturbing because it's real? Because you can actually see the person, as opposed to in a vehicle or aircraft? Because it's in a loop? If it didn't loop would it be less disturbing? Is it just disrespectful? What about the Challenger/Columbia explosion? The fall of the WTC towers? The assassination of JFK?

Keep the population under control? How do you figure? If they're desensitized and no longer disturbed how can they be controlled?

Graphic death is part of the daily news in America? Yeah and bare titties are part of the daily news in Europe, nary a weather update without 'em.

People die, try not to let it bum you out too much or you're always going to be bummed out.

edit: I'm not going to argue that it's not tasteless.

7. Re: Death gif Sep 25, 2012, 23:40 Lorcin

yonder wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 22:39:
I'm not surprised, at all, by gawker having a looping gif of someone dying as their headline. There is nowhere to low to go for Gawker. I am, however, surprised at Blue for linking to it. Did you somehow *NOT* see the headline image? Or are you okay with gifs that show someone plummeting to their death over and over and over and...

I was a ever so slightly disturbed by the guys dying in a loop too - but I kinda accept graphic death and violence is part of the daily news in America. It's what keeps the populous under control.

6. Re: Into the Black Sep 25, 2012, 23:28 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 22:26:
They missed a big one: Dr. Eldon Tyrell was killed by his invention.

Yeha, but nothing the god of biomechanics wouldn't let him into heaven for.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

5. Re: Into the Black Sep 25, 2012, 22:51 nin

jdreyer wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 22:26:

Excellent point!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

4. Death gif Sep 25, 2012, 22:39 yonder

3. Re: Into the Black Sep 25, 2012, 22:26 jdreyer

This comment was edited on Sep 25, 2012, 22:31.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

2. Re: Into the Black Sep 25, 2012, 22:14 Lorcin

This will be down very soon but check the piss poor photoshop job on simon cowell and carmen electra:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/4557504/The-Electra-Factor.html

1. Re: Into the Black Sep 25, 2012, 20:23 Cutter

Hey Blue, it's films about Brooklyn all night on TCM tonight.

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo