Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Alea Jacta Est Released

The AGEOD Shop now offers online sales of Alea Jacta Est, the Roman Empire strategy game with a title that translates as "The Die is Cast." The game is also coming soon to Matrix Games and it is the subject of a Steam Greenlight campaign. Here's the description:

Now you can replay five episodes from Rome's tumultuous history of Civil Wars. "Alea Jacta Est" is now available for all armchair commanders who believe that they know how Pompey could have saved the Republic or how the provincial upstart Vespasian could have been kept from the imperial purple.

Alea Jacta Est is the latest historical wargame from French wargame developer AGEOD, the makers of the critically acclaimed "Birth of America" and popular "American Civil War". Review codes are available for any interested critic who wants to try their hand at a classic turn-based game with five challenging scenarios ranging from the decline of Rome's republic to the squabbling of generals in the early Empire.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Alea Jacta Est Released Sep 25, 2012, 08:34 eRe4s3r

More time spent on waiting than actually giving orders it seems ;/ Why does no game of this kind use the Total war system with action points per month or something, end turn only calculates what's left. And an option for simultaneous or "by turn" movement...

And with simul turns, an option to slow down or speed up AI turns as they happen so you can adapt it to your play-style (and a pause when you are in menu).

Meh ;/

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Alea Jacta Est Released Sep 25, 2012, 07:01 Hejivar

Maybe for people in USA, but I knew the phrase, attributed to Julius Cesar, since I was a kid. Then again, I'm a big fan of Asterix  

2. Re: Alea Jacta Est Released Sep 25, 2012, 00:29 Turglar

Looks like something worth checking out, but I think the game title is pretty bad (obscure).  

1. Re: Alea Jacta Est Released Sep 24, 2012, 18:41 JaguarUSF

Gameplay video by yours truly.  

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo