Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saints Row: The Third – The Full Package In November

THQ and Volition announce Saints Row: The Third – The Full Package, coming this November, offering a complete bundle of Saints Row: The Third and all the post-release content for the open-world action sequel, down to the last weaponized sex toy. Here's word:

THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) and Volition, Inc. today announced Saints Row: The Third – The Full Package will be available for purchase in North America on November 6, 2012, and internationally on November 9, 2012 for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, PlayStation Network and Windows PC for the suggested retail price of $49.99.

“With all the amazing and over-the-top DLC Volition created, the Full Package now stands as the definitive edition of Saints Row: The Third. For anyone that has yet to play this one-of-a-kind game, it’s time to strap it on.” The premiere edition of Saints Row: The Third – The Full Package includes the award-winning, critically-acclaimed, almost universally lauded Saints Row: The Third; the three downloadable mission packs Genkibowl VII, Gangstas In Space, and The Trouble With Clones; and more than 30 bonus DLC items from such hits as the Shark Attack pack, Witches & Wieners pack, Special Operations pack, and the Genki Girl Vehicle pack. With every weapon, every vehicle, and every outfit ever created for Saints Row: The Third, players will go over the top, off the reservation, and to places where no decent game should go.

“The fans have asked for it, and with the Full Package, we are happy to deliver,” said Kevin Kraff, Vice President, Global Brand Management for THQ. “With all the amazing and over-the-top DLC Volition created, the Full Package now stands as the definitive edition of Saints Row: The Third. For anyone that has yet to play this one-of-a-kind game, it’s time to strap it on.”

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Saints Row: The Third – The Full Package In November Sep 25, 2012, 00:11 xXBatmanXx

wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy over priced!  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Saints Row: The Third – The Full Package In November Sep 24, 2012, 19:04 Slashman

Honestly...no one is missing much by getting just the mission pack DLC. That's all I got in addition to the main game in the summer sale and I don't miss a thing.

Great game...mostly useless/overpowered DLC. Well...in addition to the fact that you can upgrade to 100% bullet resistance in the game...what the hell is the point of that???

12. Re: Saints Row: The Third – The Full Package In November Sep 24, 2012, 17:46 Fantaz

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 13:48:
They announce this after they just had a free weekend on Steam. Doesn't seem like the best timing to me.

I bought the "Franchise Pack" when it was 87% off during the Steam Summer Sale. I think it has all the DLC except for a couple of the latest ones.

Yes, I believe it was a price error. It included the game and ALL DLC for ~$10! Pretty much the same as "The Full Package" here which was just announced.

11. Re: Saints Row: The Third – The Full Package In November Sep 24, 2012, 16:52 Warskull

Tumbler wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 13:25:
Steam Summer Sale 2013 here I come!

Edit: To be fair there is something you could do to this that might make be buy it sooner and closer to $50. I've heard that the dLC packs are these little separate mini games that use a lot of interesting stuff but you can't use that stuff in the main game.

Change that so everything is inside the same "game" and I might just buy this for my pc. (I believe it is this way because memory limitations of consoles meant anything they added in these dlc packs had to had something removed from the main games memory for it to work.)

That's not likely to happen. The console version is the lead version. They were originally going to have all that stuff available in the main game, but they couldn't get it all loaded on a console due to memory constraints.

10. Re: Saints Row: The Third – The Full Package In November Sep 24, 2012, 16:40 nin

avianflu wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 16:36:
the talking toilet avator was hilarious -- totally took me by surprise.

While the whole game was a riot, I especially enjoyed the text adventure part of the game.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

9. Re: Saints Row: The Third – The Full Package In November Sep 24, 2012, 16:36 avianflu

the talking toilet avator was hilarious -- totally took me by surprise.  

8. Re: Saints Row: The Third – The Full Package In November Sep 24, 2012, 15:33 ViRGE

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 13:48:
I bought the "Franchise Pack" when it was 87% off during the Steam Summer Sale. I think it has all the DLC except for a couple of the latest ones.
Yeah, summer sale Franchise Pack buyers would have received everything but the last couple of outfit releases for $25, and even after buying the missing DLC at full price they still came out ahead. So for PC buyers this isn't a particularly great deal (though obviously it's more consistent than waiting for a Steam sale).

This seems to be more geared towards the console crowd, since there are rarely big sales there. Compared to the price of SR3 plus all of the DLC right now, this would be significantly cheaper.

7. Re: Saints Row: The Third – The Full Package In November Sep 24, 2012, 15:09 nin

zombiefan wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 14:38:
Crash and burn, THQ. Crash and BURN.

(Volition, you're still cool. Better find a better publisher soon though.)

Pretty sure they're owned by THQ. What choice do they have in publisher?

6. Re: Saints Row: The Third – The Full Package In November Sep 24, 2012, 14:38 zombiefan

Crash and burn, THQ. Crash and BURN.

(Volition, you're still cool. Better find a better publisher soon though.)

5. Re: Saints Row: The Third – The Full Package In November Sep 24, 2012, 14:24 Verno

I love the SR franchise but the DLC in this game wasn't very well done, I'd only pick this up on sale. The base game is a good value and the DLC is frequently on sale too. This is just THQ wringing every dime it can out of the franchise due to their financial difficulties.  

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

4. Re: Saints Row: The Third – The Full Package In November Sep 24, 2012, 13:48 Elf Shot The Food

They announce this after they just had a free weekend on Steam. Doesn't seem like the best timing to me.

3. Re: Saints Row: The Third – The Full Package In November Sep 24, 2012, 13:44 Ecthelion

Tumbler wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 13:25:
Edit: To be fair there is something you could do to this that might make be buy it sooner and closer to $50. I've heard that the dLC packs are these little separate mini games that use a lot of interesting stuff but you can't use that stuff in the main game.
I'm not sure exactly what you heard, but this is basically how it works.

There are two kinds of DLC for SR3:
1. Outfits/weapons/vehicles/homies. These are additional customization options for the game, and they have the same functionality as the included items in the same category. For example, DLC weapons can be used anytime regular weapons can be used (except for the missions where your weapons are predetermined).
2. Additional activities and missions. These are the three downloadable mission packs that are listed in the release blurb. By their nature, these aren't used in the main game... they're additional story missions and activities. What you may be thinking about is that some of these extra missions include new weapons, which I believe aren't available outside of those missions.

While I certainly understand being annoyed at the first type of DLC, if you're interested in it or the mission/activity DLC, there's nothing to keep you from getting it now if the price is right.

2. Re: Saints Row: The Third – The Full Package In November Sep 24, 2012, 13:42 nin

Coulda had it last weekend for cheap...

1. Re: Saints Row: The Third – The Full Package In November Sep 24, 2012, 13:25 Tumbler

Change that so everything is inside the same "game" and I might just buy this for my pc. (I believe it is this way because memory limitations of consoles meant anything they added in these dlc packs had to had something removed from the main games memory for it to work.)

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo