Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Company of Heroes 2 Preorders

The Company of Heroes 2 Website announces THQ's upcoming World War II real-time strategy sequel is now available for preorder. This page can help you locate a retailer in your region, and this press release outlines specific bonuses available to incentivize your advance commitment. Purchasing the game will also involve choosing between Standard and Collector's editions, and here's how the two versions differ:

Pre-order customers of the Standard Edition will receive special vehicle skins that feature historically-accurate patterns, as well as first access to the Company of Heroes 2 Beta when it launches! In addition to these incentives, customers who pre-order through Steam will be enrolled into the exclusive Steam Pre-Purchase Tiered Reward Program, which will deliver various unlocks as pre-orders progress. Origin pre-order customers will receive exclusive heavy vehicle skins! Finally, shopTHQ customers will get Command Pass, which delivers free bonus content for the game, such as Multiplayer Maps and exclusive members-only events.

The Digital Collectorís Edition is available for $99.99, and will include the first three single player ďContent PacksĒ as they become available, in addition to the Command Pass, exclusive heavy tank skins, and a Veteran badge that displays on the playerís in-game profile. Digital Collectorís edition customers will also receive the original Company of Heroes base game and both of its expansion packs! Pre-order today to take advantage of these exclusive offers!

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Preorders Sep 25, 2012, 00:45 Rossafur

If you go to the pre-order page for the Digital Collector's Edition at the THQ store it basically confirms there will be levels/unlockables, as it says that version will give you an XP boost.
I'd go find the exact quote again, except that I got locked out of the page somehow for being a 'tard and clicking enter instead of entering my birthdate...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Preorders Sep 25, 2012, 00:14 Jerykk

jacobvandy wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 14:35:
Jerykk wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 12:45:
Color me concerned. The pre-order bonuses make it sound like the game has leveling and unlockables, which is a big no-no for an RTS. Those things were a big reason why I didn't really like DoW2.

The quote I've been holding on to since I saw it in the PCG preview a few months back:

"Dawn of War 2 was a very big departure, which was to bring newer players in," says [designer Matthew] Berger. "When we started looking at going to Company of Heroes 2, that kind of departure did come up. We were really very clear that we wanted to maintain the core game, and that was a decision we made in part because of Dawn of War 2."

[Producer Greg] Wilson counters: "Dawn of War 2 is an amazing game, but there were certain things that didn't suit the franchise very well."

Basically, they know they changed too much shit about Dawn of War with that sequel, and they know that a lot of people didn't like it. It scored worse in reviews, and there are probably as many or more people playing the original online as there are DOW2. They've plainly stated that Company of Heroes 2 isn't about different, it's about new and more. I only hope they're able to stick to that.

That's all well and good except THQ has the final say in regards to all design choices. If THQ wants leveling and unlockables in order to support microtransactions and DLC, that's what Relic will do.

17. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Preorders Sep 24, 2012, 21:52 bhcompy

TurdFergasun wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 18:56:
this is shaping up to be a cross between dow2 and coh, aka coh: tales of failure - online only coop edition . i hope relic has enjoyed ruining their last franchise that was worth a damn.

Homeworld is still very much worth a damn. Maybe two

16. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Preorders Sep 24, 2012, 18:56 TurdFergasun

this is shaping up to be a cross between dow2 and coh, aka coh: tales of failure - online only coop edition . i hope relic has enjoyed ruining their last franchise that was worth a damn.  

15. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Preorders Sep 24, 2012, 17:12 DangerDog

exclusive this, exclusive that.

Company of Heroes had more going for it than what I've seen so far from CoH2, being a Russian campaign isn't going to sell as well as a US vs German one. I really think they're over reaching in terms of how popular this game is going to be, charging $60 or more for it isn't helping in the slightest.

They should have gone modern warfare or near future but not sci-fi.

14. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Preorders Sep 24, 2012, 16:40 coolkev99

Darks wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 10:40:
COH 2 will under sell too; carrying a price tag of 60 dollars for a minimal game is more than Iím willing to spend. Especially when TL2 and BL2 are giving 60 plus hours return. Iíll pick this game up in a year when itís on sale.

Minimal? I have over 300 hours in the orginal game. It'd have to be quite a departure (suck) from the 1st game for me to only find 60 or less hours in it. COH is one of the best RTS games EVER.

13. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Preorders Sep 24, 2012, 16:17 Tumbler

They've plainly stated that Company of Heroes 2 isn't about different, it's about new and more. I only hope they're able to stick to that.

Company of Heroes online 2!!! Now with tons more shit!

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

12. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Preorders Sep 24, 2012, 14:35 jacobvandy

Jerykk wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 12:45:
Color me concerned. The pre-order bonuses make it sound like the game has leveling and unlockables, which is a big no-no for an RTS. Those things were a big reason why I didn't really like DoW2.

The quote I've been holding on to since I saw it in the PCG preview a few months back:

"Dawn of War 2 was a very big departure, which was to bring newer players in," says [designer Matthew] Berger. "When we started looking at going to Company of Heroes 2, that kind of departure did come up. We were really very clear that we wanted to maintain the core game, and that was a decision we made in part because of Dawn of War 2."

[Producer Greg] Wilson counters: "Dawn of War 2 is an amazing game, but there were certain things that didn't suit the franchise very well."

Basically, they know they changed too much shit about Dawn of War with that sequel, and they know that a lot of people didn't like it. It scored worse in reviews, and there are probably as many or more people playing the original online as there are DOW2. They've plainly stated that Company of Heroes 2 isn't about different, it's about new and more. I only hope they're able to stick to that.

11. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Preorders Sep 24, 2012, 14:13 entr0py

It does seem heavily monetized judging from the preorder bonuses. That's worrisome. But it's still possible for them to ship a complete and enjoyable game, then have a bunch of overpriced extras that appeal to obsessive types with more money than sense. First day DLC used to bother me, but it's becoming standard. It's least frustrating just to ignore all DLC and judge games based on the core game.  

10. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Preorders Sep 24, 2012, 12:45 Jerykk

9. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Preorders Sep 24, 2012, 12:23 Tumbler

This game looks like a gigantic train wreck.

It's like they're trying to release F2P games for $60. Diablo 3 did it, so can we!

This comment was edited on Sep 24, 2012, 12:48.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

8. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Preorders Sep 24, 2012, 10:54 Lokust

I never understood the point of exclusive multiplayer maps for an RTS. What's the point of having maps that only a handful of people share? It's not like you can put them in the general matchmaking queue.  

7. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Preorders Sep 24, 2012, 10:43 Verno

spindoctor wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 10:36:
Verno wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 10:00:
Release Date: TBA 2013, eh I think I'll wait and see if THQ survives. Darksiders 2 undersold its sales targets by a hefty margin

It did? It topped the NPD charts last month (really good for a late month release) and was selling decently on Steam too. I don't think they expected the 5 million number that was thrown around, but it seems to be doing well enough for a single player only game.

I think their break even figure was 3 million or something near that IIRC. One of the THQ guys on SA was talking about it under performing but didn't mention specifics beyodn that. I thought it was a good but flawed game much like the original.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

6. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Preorders Sep 24, 2012, 10:41 SpectralMeat

I like these tiered preorder bonuses, I think that was a good idea. Instead of keeping everything for the special editions of the game that costs twice as much as the regular ed.

As for preordering the game I will as soon as they have a solid release date and we are within a few weeks time from that.
I am not that worried they will go bankrupt or something but I just don't see the need to preorder a game months ahead of it's release.

Steam: SpectralMeat

5. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Preorders Sep 24, 2012, 10:41 ASeven

Word is that this game has micro-transactions. What for though, I have no idea.  

4. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Preorders Sep 24, 2012, 10:40 Darks

Release Date: TBA 2013, eh I think I'll wait and see if THQ survives. Darksiders 2 undersold its sales targets by a hefty margin

COH 2 will under sell too; carrying a price tag of 60 dollars for a minimal game is more than Iím willing to spend. Especially when TL2 and BL2 are giving 60 plus hours return. Iíll pick this game up in a year when itís on sale.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

3. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Preorders Sep 24, 2012, 10:36 spindoctor

It did? It topped the NPD charts last month (really good for a late month release) and was selling decently on Steam too. I don't think they expected the 5 million number that was thrown around, but it seems to be doing well enough for a single player only game.

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

2. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Preorders Sep 24, 2012, 10:33 Parallax Abstraction

Only on consoles in North America and according to NPD whose report on sales has been hurtling towards irrelevance for a while now. Wait until their earnings which is where international console sales as well as what is widely believe to be significant PC sales will be included.

That said yeah, waiting for news on that before handing them more money in advance is probably wise.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

1. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Preorders Sep 24, 2012, 10:00 Verno

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo