Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Tech Bits

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 24, 2012, 19:43 Beamer

Pumas wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 15:53:
Bill Borre wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 13:02:
guards beating up a worker

WTF? Do they run their businesses like prisons? Geez, and I thought American Corporatism was bad.

Ummmm...yes, yes they do. And American Corporatism is the reason Foxconn exists. They make the vast majority of US electronic devices including most Apple products to name one of many.

There was an article not too long ago about Foxconn putting up large nets around their buildings to catch the workers (who live on the plant grounds in tiny apartments btw) who try to kill themselves by jumping.

It's all in the name of cheap luxury items for you and me.

It's more Chinese capitalism/communism why it exists (China is weird like that.) America is actually better than most places for how badly we let our companies treat people.

But it's like saying one fart smells better than another.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 24, 2012, 18:14 Julio

There is no 'off Foxconn property'. They live where they work, slaves to Apple via intermediaries such as Foxconn. Giving them beatings in the factory should help productivity on making the iPhone5.

Someday we'll be there too, slaves to the corporations. Its all about Apple making obscene profits off their backs.

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 24, 2012, 17:50 Fantaz

Pumas wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 15:53:
There was an article not too long ago about Foxconn putting up large nets around their buildings to catch the workers (who live on the plant grounds in tiny apartments btw) who try to kill themselves by jumping.

The nets idea is actually a good idea... they should commit suicide off of Foxconn property.

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 24, 2012, 15:53 Pumas

Bill Borre wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 13:02:

WTF? Do they run their businesses like prisons? Geez, and I thought American Corporatism was bad.

Ummmm...yes, yes they do. And American Corporatism is the reason Foxconn exists. They make the vast majority of US electronic devices including most Apple products to name one of many.

It's all in the name of cheap luxury items for you and me.

How will I know limits from lies if I never try?

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 24, 2012, 13:02 Bill Borre

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo