Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Legal Briefs

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 25, 2012, 09:00 nin

With the way they took him in and seized the site and its data so fast, I wonder if there was something in that data they wanted more than seeing Dotcom in jail.

I read somewhere awhile back they were convinced he had a kill switch setup, where he could wipe a large amount of data quickly/easily. How they came up with that theory is anyones guess...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 24, 2012, 22:54 jimnms

Is anyone else getting the feeling that there was something more to this than taking Dotcom down? If they really wanted the guy in jail, they would have been very careful to do everything by the book and not give the guy a loophole to escape, but instead they do everything wrong so the guy walks.

With the way they took him in and seized the site and its data so fast, I wonder if there was something in that data they wanted more than seeing Dotcom in jail.

Steam Profile

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 24, 2012, 18:16 Julio

Looking forward to Kim suing the pants off the authorities to teach them a lesson.  

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 24, 2012, 13:14 Bill Borre

I want Demonoid to come back. Such a great resource for sharing books lost. I feel like I've lived through the destruction of the library at Alexandria.  

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 24, 2012, 12:37 Wallshadows

Interesting. I wonder what will happen with all the user data being held on Carpathia or the hardware and data the FBI took from Kim. I assume it'll be 'returned' or copied when this whole case inevitable falls through and likely be one of the countersuits he'll file.  

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 24, 2012, 12:25 ASeven

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 12:09:
Wow, what a slippery slope this has become for those who took part in the operation. They were probably thinking themselves as heroes for ridding the world of megaupload and thought no one would ever investigate them after all was said and done because it seems like it's just too easy to discover and pick apart all their mistakes.

Kim doesn't have to do anything except sit back and watch this case implode on the GCSB and FBI along with filing countersuits.

Torrentfreak is saying the new Megaupload is close to release. More, Kim can now easily countersuit and as easily win. I dislike Kim but in this case he is the victim of government and the entertainment industry, and they went and did almost everything illegal to get him.

Kim is an asshole but unfortunately he is in the right side here and I, as distasteful for me to say it, hope he wins this case and wiped the floor with the governments and entertainment industry businesses involved. If you're going to get him either get him the right way or don't even try at all.

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 24, 2012, 12:09 Wallshadows

Wow, what a slippery slope this has become for those who took part in the operation. They were probably thinking themselves as heroes for ridding the world of megaupload and thought no one would ever investigate them after all was said and done because it seems like it's just too easy to discover and pick apart all their mistakes.

Kim doesn't have to do anything except sit back and watch this case implode on the GCSB and FBI along with filing countersuits.

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 24, 2012, 10:44 ASeven

Holy shit, the more details is known about the Megaupload bust the more it shows the governments and authorities are the real criminals here. Spying him? Good grief.  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo