Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Had a fine old time in our craft fair outing: And we've gotten to the point where the salsa guy recognizes us. He also had a new variety that's pretty awesome: A ghost pepper salsa, which is very tasty, but not as hot as you'd imagine from the name, and not nearly as spicy as the "stupid hot" variety he sells (and yes, I got my sticker).

Spicy Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Demon Shift.
Amoebas - Clockwork Monster.
Links: NES light gun gets a laser upgrade, fulfils countless childhood dreams. Thanks HARDOCP.
Stories: Emmys 2012: 'Homeland' Wins Outstanding Drama Series.
Science: Reading and writing quantum bits on a single electron spin.
New breast cancer clues found in gene analysis.
Images: 3D printed Möbius strip of the 1st level of Mario. End to beginning to end to beginning.
Media: Not Your Parents' Book Club.
Kitten meets glass door.
Russian Army Cadets Gaga Over Gaga.
The Funnies: xkcd- Think Logically.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: xkcd Sep 25, 2012, 09:48 sauron

Sepharo wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 21:30:
The Half Elf wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 20:43:
sauron wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 12:42:
Also, I like the xkcd comic above, but this one is even better:

xkcd click and drag

Enjoy!

Maybe I am being dense from all the over the counter meds to fight the flu, but could someone explain that one to me?

Did you click and drag? It's just a giant (fucking enormous) image that loads programmatically in smaller pngs.

Also it's good to know that this exists, before you go spending hours clicking and dragging.

Yes, ^this. Just click and drag on the bottom panel. Make sure you have some free time - the image is completely gigantic.

Also, feel better. ^^

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2012, 00:51 xXBatmanXx

WarPig wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 00:39:
The game was much more than just that one call though. There were bad calls on both sides. Just a pretty glaring one at the end.....

Oh yeah, exactly. There were terrible calls going both ways throughout the game. It almost makes each play have a randomness to it that has nothing to do with the players anymore. You just wait for that flag that should or shouldn't be thrown and are happy for any stretch of the game that isn't screwed up.

Of course the normal refs screw up all the time too, after all it's an almost impossible job, but their level of competence is so, so much better than these guys.

Well, in the end, I think this is good for the game. It hurts now, but it just give the refs more power as far as negotiating a new deal. I am happy for them. They deserve whatever they want. It is the owners that are f'ing this deal up. They are too money hungry to let go of anything. Greed.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2012, 00:39 WarPig

The game was much more than just that one call though. There were bad calls on both sides. Just a pretty glaring one at the end.....

Oh yeah, exactly. There were terrible calls going both ways throughout the game. It almost makes each play have a randomness to it that has nothing to do with the players anymore. You just wait for that flag that should or shouldn't be thrown and are happy for any stretch of the game that isn't screwed up.

Of course the normal refs screw up all the time too, after all it's an almost impossible job, but their level of competence is so, so much better than these guys.

GO SEAHAWKS!

11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2012, 00:20 xXBatmanXx

WarPig wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 00:15:
Wow! As a die hard Seahawk fan... if I were to say I felt good about this win it'd be a lie. Not that I won't take it but holy shit that was a bad call.

And no this doesn't make up for or have anything to do with how the Seahawks got jobbed in the Superbowl a few years back, it just shows how far these replacement refs are in over their heads. C'mon NFL, get the real refs back on the field, this is ridiculous.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2012, 00:15 WarPig

Wow! As a die hard Seahawk fan... if I were to say I felt good about this win it'd be a lie. Not that I won't take it but holy shit that was a bad call.

And no this doesn't make up for or have anything to do with how the Seahawks got jobbed in the Superbowl a few years back, it just shows how far these replacement refs are in over their heads. C'mon NFL, get the real refs back on the field, this is ridiculous.

GO SEAHAWKS!

9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 24, 2012, 23:46 xXBatmanXx

HAHAHAHAH BEST CALL OF THE WEEK! F THE PACK!  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 24, 2012, 22:36 xXBatmanXx

WOOOO!

GREENLIGHT FOR NEW RIG!

Setting up my wishlist. 1500-2000USD.

No monitor needed.
Keeping current rig in place, going to build from scratch, no Frankenstein shit on this one. SO EXCITED!

Thinking 660Ti (great price in same bracket as newer cards) but not sure on CPU yet.

This comment was edited on Sep 24, 2012, 23:02.

7. Re: xkcd Sep 24, 2012, 21:30 Sepharo

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 20:43:

xkcd click and drag

Enjoy!

Maybe I am being dense from all the over the counter meds to fight the flu, but could someone explain that one to me?

Did you click and drag? It's just a giant (fucking enormous) image that loads programmatically in smaller pngs.

Also it's good to know that this exists, before you go spending hours clicking and dragging.

6. Re: xkcd Sep 24, 2012, 20:43 The Half Elf

xkcd click and drag

Enjoy!

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 24, 2012, 16:48 Bet

xkcd - NOT ONE STEP BACKWARD *dies spectacularly*  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 24, 2012, 13:16 Cutter

Cthulu loves you...on a bun with catsup.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

3. xkcd Sep 24, 2012, 12:42 sauron

xkcd click and drag

Enjoy!

Kittens!

2. Re: Homeland winning Emmys Sep 24, 2012, 12:38 sauron

I've been jonesing for some Lovecraftian horror gaming recently, and went back to my copies of the Call of Cthulhu RPG by Chaosium. It turns out they have a kickstarter to re-release one of the classic campaigns, which has done very well indeed (requested: $20,000; funding: $145,000 with a week to go!). Sounds like it will be very cool:

Cthulhu fhtaghn!

Looking forward to reading my copy.

Kittens!

1. Re: Homeland winning Emmys Sep 24, 2012, 11:20 Verno

Homeland's first season was pretty great and had some tense moments on par with Breaking Bad.  

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo