Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Here's Valve's list of the ten bestselling titles on Steam for the past week:

1. Borderlands 2
  2. Torchlight II
  3. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  4. FTL: Fater ThanLight
  5. Borderlands 2 Season Pass
  6. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  7. Arma II: Combined Operations
  8. F1 2012
  9. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dawnguard
  10. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View
157 Replies. 8 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

117. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 26, 2012, 13:12 SpectralMeat

Will do thanks  

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

116. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 26, 2012, 13:05 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 26, 2012, 13:02:
Thanks Creston.

I will keep those in mind. I would tell you to come and help me if I'd know I'll be on tonight, but that's yet to be seen.

I'm on most evenings, so if you ever need help, just holler.

Creston

115. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 26, 2012, 13:02 SpectralMeat

Thanks Creston.

I will keep those in mind. I would tell you to come and help me if I'd know I'll be on tonight, but that's yet to be seen.

114. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 26, 2012, 12:37 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 26, 2012, 12:24:
For some reason the first 10 or so level felt a lot easier with the soldier not sure why, maybe because I was playing the missions the 2nd time so I knew what to expect. I am at that infamous constructor robot mission with my soldier so I think I will do that with it first to see if I can beat that at the first try.

There are also some really awesome skill tree recommendation/walk through videos on youtube that helps a lot for guiding your skill points investment depending on your play style.

If you need help with Wilhelm, here are a few things I finally figured out near the end of my battle (with help of a buddy) with him.

1) Kill the constructors first. Obviously. Don't kill their minions first, go right after them. Use a big ass launcher if you got one.

2) Wipe up the minions, but leave one of them alive. Damage him, and the repair bots will go after him to fix him. When that happens, unload on Wilhelm's shields and try to do some damage to him. The repair bots only fix his shields, not his armor.

3) Eventually you'll kill the minion and it's just Wilhelm. When you kill his repair bots, he waits about 10 seconds or so before recreating them. It's always going to be a rush to get his shields down before those fuckers fix it again, so having something that does BIG damage against shields will help. An electricity gun is a must, obviously, but an electricity launcher will really save the day.

4) My biggest problem was that we simply ran out of ammo. Turns out that the repair bots drop quite a bit of ammo, so killing them is doubly useful.

Even so, it's still a major PITA battle. If you need assistance with it, I'll be happy to come help sometime tonight.

Creston

113. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 26, 2012, 12:24 SpectralMeat

For some reason the first 10 or so level felt a lot easier with the soldier not sure why, maybe because I was playing the missions the 2nd time so I knew what to expect. I am at that infamous constructor robot mission with my soldier so I think I will do that with it first to see if I can beat that at the first try.

There are also some really awesome skill tree recommendation/walk through videos on youtube that helps a lot for guiding your skill points investment depending on your play style.

112. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 26, 2012, 11:09 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 26, 2012, 07:57:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 26, 2012, 03:18:
As a Siren you can slag enemies via phase-lock, use electricity/transfusion grenades with cluster/homing and use a sniper rifle as you see fit

Hmm this makes me want to go back and play my Siren character a little more. Been playing as the soldier lately, but the skill tree for the Siren looks so much more fun.

Yeah, the soldier is kinda boring to me. The turret works well enough, but he's basically a "sit in cover, throw out turret, wait for recharge, throw out turret" kinda guy. Ugh. And then shoot stuff yourself. If that's all you want to do, play the Gunzerker.

Siren and Assassin are the two most fun characters to me right now. And I LOVE LOVE LOOOOOVE that the Siren's phaselock basically works on everything. Boss critter? Go right ahead and phaselock it. When has that ever happened in a game? Usually when you get a power like that, it doesn't work on everything beyond the basic mook, but here, blam, have fun sitting phaselock, boss dude.

The only two things it hasn't worked on, so far:

- Robots above a certain size. (basically constructors and wilhelm.)
- Those fucking, fucking, FUCKING Threshers. (Seriously, wormhole threshers are the worst damn monster ever invented...)

And even against them, it just does a massive chunk of damage.

But I'm really liking Zero as well. Boss fights are hilarious with him. shoot at boss with sniper rifle until boss is really close, decoy and run away, rinse repeat. I don't think poor Flynt ever even got a hit in.

Creston

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 2012, 12:33.

111. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 26, 2012, 11:05 Creston

Verno wrote on Sep 26, 2012, 09:21:
I think the gun variety is actually a bit worse than the previous game. Certain manufacturers don't make specific guns (for example, Torgue sniper rifles) so I've been seeing the same iterations of about 30 gun types and modifiers. It makes the loot collection really boring when you realize you're just basically going to be upgrading the same 8 guns over and over.

Yeah, I was starting to feel that way, and I've seen and heard several people say the same. How could they make basically everything better, and then fuck THAT up??

Creston

110. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 26, 2012, 11:04 Creston

As a Siren you can slag enemies via phase-lock, use electricity/transfusion grenades with cluster/homing and use a sniper rifle as you see fit Slag in solo is a mainly a "slag em, then frag em" kind of deal. You can't use it with weapons imo (in fact, slag on weapons is imo the worst elemental choice.

If you don't have a skill that slags, using slag transfusion homing cluster grenades is a good idea

As for where it says 4 ammo.. nowhere! ;p I would call that a bug..

I have to kind of agree though, gun combinations feel sorta limited now. And there is also the little issue that frost elements are missing. And Eridium weapons are extremely rare...

I've yet to find a slag grenade. I'd LOVE to use slag grenades, but no such luck yet...

Eridium weapons seemed weird to me. I couldn't really figure out what the hell they were doing. Does it just take all your ammo and turn it into ammo for whatever eridium weapon you're using? I found that one in the Dr Zed mission, and it was a hyper-shitty assault rifle. Trying to kill 25 bandits with that was like trying to kill 25 Badass Bruisers with melee...

Creston

109. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 26, 2012, 09:21 Verno

I think the gun variety is actually a bit worse than the previous game. Certain manufacturers don't make specific guns (for example, Torgue sniper rifles) so I've been seeing the same iterations of about 30 gun types and modifiers. It makes the loot collection really boring when you realize you're just basically going to be upgrading the same 8 guns over and over.  

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

108. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 26, 2012, 07:57 SpectralMeat

As a Siren you can slag enemies via phase-lock, use electricity/transfusion grenades with cluster/homing and use a sniper rifle as you see fit

Hmm this makes me want to go back and play my Siren character a little more. Been playing as the soldier lately, but the skill tree for the Siren looks so much more fun.

107. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 26, 2012, 03:18 eRe4s3r

As a Siren you can slag enemies via phase-lock, use electricity/transfusion grenades with cluster/homing and use a sniper rifle as you see fit Slag in solo is a mainly a "slag em, then frag em" kind of deal. You can't use it with weapons imo (in fact, slag on weapons is imo the worst elemental choice.

If you don't have a skill that slags, using slag transfusion homing cluster grenades is a good idea

As for where it says 4 ammo.. nowhere! ;p I would call that a bug..

I have to kind of agree though, gun combinations feel sorta limited now. And there is also the little issue that frost elements are missing. And Eridium weapons are extremely rare...

106. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 26, 2012, 01:04 Creston

That shotgun looks pretty cool. Where does it say it uses 4 ammo per shot?

As long as there are SOME guns that don't eat through your ammo, and I can find a few, I'll be fine. It just seems a massive step down in available gun combinations. Playing my third alt now, and I'm finding basically exactly the same guns as I did with the other two characters. In Borderlands 1, I ONCE find exactly the same gun as I'd had before. Here it's like every chest practically drops the exact same gun... (which isn't that hard to figure out, since 99.99999% of it is not even worth of being vendor trash.)

I take it slag becomes very important in TVHM? So far it's a very cool co-op mechanism, but in single player I'm not quite so sure about it. Having to apply slag before I fire my sniper seems to defeat the whole point of a sniper rifle...

Creston

105. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 25, 2012, 14:13 eRe4s3r

Yeah that is all very good points but as for the ammo and burst.. that is actually a random modifier (Well, burst is a manufacturer modifier) (see image) for how a REALLY awesome lvl 47 shotgun looks , yes that's 80k damage per shot with AOE. I found that (naturally) after I opened the chest... it is literally the best weapon I currently have. But you can believe me, burst fire sniper rifles are extremely valuable in the 50+ range. Enemies will never die from 1 hit there. so 3 burst is extremely useful, especially if you use it as a "long range barrage" weapon, when enemies close in, I phase-lock (with pull all enemies and full cataclysm ie, slag/corrosion/lightning) and then I use the shotgun to finish things. Only when I am in tight spaces (or against only 1 extremely powerful enemy) does this not work (and I usually die ,p) The threshers particularly...

-> http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=98730884

Edit: Actually, that weapon uses 4 ammo per shot So nevermind that

You gotta keep in mind, the burst fire is a manufacturer thing, and the quest rewards are often inferior to everything else you can find. Although if you want a kick-ass sniper rifle, in highlands at the outlook town you can get a quest from Hyperion (kill bandits) for a kick-ass sniper rifle that has no burst, and extremely good stats (well, for the level it is..) Also, it's a talking weapon

You can also find Semi-Auto sniper rifles with more than 25 shots. Sadly I can't upload screenshots, but I got a fully automatic / semi automatic sniper (ie, I can fire 1 shot, and it has automatic fire if you hold the button) does about 11k damage + electricity, so about 170k with slag and crit.

This comment was edited on Sep 25, 2012, 15:45.

104. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 25, 2012, 13:29 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 12:49:
No they are literally new types (with new attacks) of old enemies, well mostly. I haven't checked much more than that. Demons are the 51 version of Bully Mongs, they throw fire-balls and are different in that they are obviously immune to fire. But I am not sure how many more of these "new" types exist. You find different enemies with different elemental protections, basically. Though they all kinda look alike

As for elemental damage, it is now listed as DMG + Chance and valid per bullet fired. And yeah, you will never find x4 elemental weapons. But you will find weapons with x+ bullets per shot and each bullet does it's own elemental damage (with a chance to do the special elemental effect). Unique weapons are totally different though, they apparently hide their modifiers and have vastly different effects (delayed fuses, stick on enemy, grenades instead of bullets, ricocheting elemental darts.. etc)

Ie, a 16x corrosive shotgun fires 16 corrosive bullets each bullet having the chance X to cause the special effect and doing the corrosive damage listed ON TOP (but normal bullet damage might be entirely 0'ed by armor).

Level 50 guns by the way, do around 15000 to 30000 damage base-line (and over 200k with elemental slag etc.) or in case of shotguns, 5000 damage x 12 or x16 with elemental damage around 4000 to 6000. So weapons can ramp up in damage to insane levels, right elemental type still is the most important though..

The elemental damage and chance is now vastly less important, the base-damage and bullet modifier seems to be the most vital thing. That said, if you ever find a 3000dmg x16 explosive shotgun you will find out that things can still be pretty extreme ;p 16 explosions each with their own AOE + bullet + explosion damage added on top is pretty extreme imo.

But you are right, the elemental "level" stat is gone.

I'll take your word for it with regard to the TVHM. I haven't seen it myself yet, so if they genuinely made it harder and different to play, then that's awesome.

As for the changes to weapons, that just fucking sucks. I was finally able to load your screenshots, and yay. Even at level 50, the weapons are just higher damage variants of what I'm already finding. It's not a different gun, it's just the same gun that does more damage. No more Acid X4 or things like that.

And the fact that the majority of guns now "fire three bullets at once" is a fucking BLIGHT on the game's weapon systems. Got a kick-ass sniper rifle from Mordecai last night, so happy as a clam I sell my old one and go around trouncing shit. Only to find out is shoots three bullets at once, so I have two shots plus one with a single bullet before I have to reload.

Even though it does almost double the damage my old sniper rifle did, it is in no way, shape or form as effective at keeping an enemy mob under control. Three bullets fired at a single mook that dies from one bullet is hideous overkill and a waste of damn ammo. And where I used to have 100+ shots, now I have ~35.

And almost every single fucking gun is like this. Good luck finding a shotgun that doesn't just eat 3 ammo with every fucking shot...

They've been bleating about how they have more weapons than in BL1, but that seems to be just a blatant fucking lie. I keep finding the same five variations over and over and over again, and only rarely does something different pop up.

Creston

103. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 25, 2012, 12:49 eRe4s3r

No they are literally new types (with new attacks) of old enemies, well mostly. I haven't checked much more than that. Demons are the 51 version of Bully Mongs, they throw fire-balls and are different in that they are obviously immune to fire. But I am not sure how many more of these "new" types exist. You find different enemies with different elemental protections, basically. Though they all kinda look alike

As for elemental damage, it is now listed as DMG + Chance and valid per bullet fired. And yeah, you will never find x4 elemental weapons. But you will find weapons with x+ bullets per shot and each bullet does it's own elemental damage (with a chance to do the special elemental effect). Unique weapons are totally different though, they apparently hide their modifiers and have vastly different effects (delayed fuses, stick on enemy, grenades instead of bullets, ricocheting elemental darts.. etc)

Ie, a 16x corrosive shotgun fires 16 corrosive bullets each bullet having the chance X to cause the special effect and doing the corrosive damage listed ON TOP (but normal bullet damage might be entirely 0'ed by armor).

Level 50 guns by the way, do around 15000 to 30000 damage base-line (and over 200k with elemental slag etc.) or in case of shotguns, 5000 damage x 12 or x16 with elemental damage around 4000 to 6000. So weapons can ramp up in damage to insane levels, right elemental type still is the most important though..

The elemental damage and chance is now vastly less important, the base-damage and bullet modifier seems to be the most vital thing. That said, if you ever find a 3000dmg x16 explosive shotgun you will find out that things can still be pretty extreme ;p 16 explosions each with their own AOE + bullet + explosion damage added on top is pretty extreme imo.

But you are right, the elemental "level" stat is gone.

102. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 25, 2012, 12:29 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 02:41:
But at level 50 you are not OP.. the end-game challenges go ABOVE level 50, while you remain at level 50.. ie, you will find level 50+ enemies (starting in Eridium Blight). You need to tweak your build and find the best level 50 weapons to have a chance of even reaching the "end" (of real vault hunter mode).

The thing is, until you reach Eridium Blight you might think your are OP because most enemies will not be 50+

Eh, it's just the same system they introduced with Knoxx, where in PT 2.5 enemies just become "Your level plus 1-4 levels." While they are tougher and will kill you in a hurry, it just boils down to using the right elemental damage against the right enemies. Whether your gun does 940 damage or 1040 is kinda irrelevant (not sure what yours is doing, as none of the steam community picks will load for me), as long as you're using fire against flesh, electricity against shield and acid against armor.

So I still say it's just better to open that chest early with your first character, then keep passing that gun on to other characters. (which I stupidly forgot to do with my first character, and just sold it instead >.<)

Btw, since you seem to be level 50. Are there ever any guns with Acid X2 X3 X4 anymore? Or is it all just "Acid, Fire, Electricity" now with no more levels in the elemental damage itself? If so, that'd be a HUGE step down.

Creston

101. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 25, 2012, 09:05 nin

Yeah, I'll be saving my keys for 50...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

100. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 25, 2012, 05:36 eRe4s3r

Yeah if you play all 4 characters, you should have some bad-ass rank ;p ( mine is around 9k with 1 char so far, only Siren). I am waiting for Mech Romancer ;p  

99. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 25, 2012, 04:52 xXBatmanXx

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 02:41:
But at level 50 you are not OP.. the end-game challenges go ABOVE level 50, while you remain at level 50.. ie, you will find level 50+ enemies (starting in Eridium Blight). You need to tweak your build and find the best level 50 weapons to have a chance of even reaching the "end" (of real vault hunter mode).

The thing is, until you reach Eridium Blight you might think your are OP because most enemies will not be 50+

No problem. I can still use my way and just hold 1 gold key until the end.

ALso with badass rank, playing all 4 characters - should have no problem. Lots of buffs....

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

98. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 25, 2012, 02:41 eRe4s3r

157 Replies. 8 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo