Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Here's Valve's list of the ten bestselling titles on Steam for the past week:

1. Borderlands 2
  2. Torchlight II
  3. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  4. FTL: Fater ThanLight
  5. Borderlands 2 Season Pass
  6. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  7. Arma II: Combined Operations
  8. F1 2012
  9. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dawnguard
  10. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View
157 Replies. 8 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 16:14 Dev

Bucky wrote on Sep 23, 2012, 15:08:
I'm already in love with my turret. I really want to see what it can do with rocket launchers bolted on....
Once that happens ZOMG, you will love that thing even more BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM.
Thats the route I took and I can't wait to get to the part where I can upgrade it to DUAL guns

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 15:49 nin

I am enjoying solo except that freaking pain in the ass robot mission I still couldn't get passed. Gotta grind some more for a good rocket launcher so I can give those robots a mouthful !

What level is that?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 15:08 Bucky

I had fired up BL2 on launch day, felt a bit 'meh' about it, and hadn't looked at it since. I started playing it a bit again last night, and suddenly I'm hooked. I even find myself not caring at all about the checkpoint system because it just gives me another excuse to kill stuff and find loot.

I'm already in love with my turret. I really want to see what it can do with rocket launchers bolted on....

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 14:56 SpectralMeat

I am also playing BL2 solo, a buddy joined into my game the other night and sure enough 2 minutes later kids started to fight so I had to get up and leave, one of the reasons why I don't play coop. Can't pause a MP game Which reminds me how fantastic Valve's idea of a bot taking you over in a MP coop game if you have to get up for a pee break or something. Wish more games would do that, so all your coop buddies doesn't have to sit there waiting for you.

I am enjoying solo except that freaking pain in the ass robot mission I still couldn't get passed. Gotta grind some more for a good rocket launcher so I can give those robots a mouthful !

This comment was edited on Sep 23, 2012, 15:02.

Steam: SpectralMeat

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 14:38 nin

Quboid wrote on Sep 23, 2012, 12:26:
Is BL2 worth playing for the sole game alone? I never played BL1.

I'm playing it predominately solo and enjoying it. While grouping is fun, I like to explore and take my time, and it's hard to do that knowing that someone might be waiting on me to get my ass in gear.

Just got a rocket launcher that does electrical dmg @800. Nice, for my level 12 guy. Fuck you, robots!

I'm starting to suspect that nin is a shill!

Anyone that's been here awhile will hopefully remember how much I used to dislike gearbox. Which makes my liking of this game all the more surprising for me. I hoped it would be good...

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 14:23 jacobvandy

I found the assault rifles to be somewhat disappointing, as well. It's cool that they made a bunch of unique types and all, but there are no GOOD, REGULAR assault rifles that I have seen. Only Torgues that shoot rockets or lob grenades, or semi-auto Jakobs's, mini-gun-like Vladofs or Bandits that are slow to spin up and/or shoot 3 bullets at once while being horribly inaccurate... I guess they wanted to really differentiate them from SMGs, but that doesn't mean I have to like it!  

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 13:46 eRe4s3r

It is worth it. In fact, I think if you play BL2 anything BUT solo you lose so much of the flair this game has it completely destroys it. You will never find the easter eggs, hidden references and hilarious dialog scenes you can stumble upon in coop, worse, in coop you will never meet a real challenge until you reach level 40+ (at this stage, enemies become extremely varied ;p)

Weapon variety is massive. Even after reaching level 47 I have not seen all weapon types nor even half of the possible variety weapons can have. Only nagging bit is imo the assault rifles, which again are the weakest weapon type of the game. Nothing can really beat auto-shotguns or SMG's / pistols with a x2 or x3 bullet modifier.

By the way, AR's are weak because most late game (ie, level 40+ real vault hunter mode) are extremely agile, you will maybe hit 15% of your bullets with an AR, that just ain't going to work out in your favor. Though weapon choice does matter (still using mostly pistols/shotguns/sniper/missile as Siren.) and your luck plays a large part, however unlike Diablo 3, in this game you WILL find the game changer weapon if you play the game. And you will be giggling when you see it. You are simply guaranteed to find a good weapon every now and then, and when then finally you see a blue weapon drop that completely puts any of your current weapons in the shadow with its stat, .. that is imo how a good drop system works.

Sadly I still think the COOP loot drop system in BL2 is total crap. Loot should be "per player" and not free for all.

And speaking of awesome, i just got my first 200k damage crit on an enemy ;p With a sniper rifle and the enemy was slagged from a grenade (and various other things playing into this ,p)

This comment was edited on Sep 23, 2012, 13:57.

10. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 23, 2012, 13:32 HorrorScope

UConnBBall wrote on Sep 23, 2012, 12:47:
FTL is the perfect little indie strategy game. Do yourself a favor and pick it up ASAP!!!

How do you rate it vs Dungeons of Dredmor?

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 13:01 J

I'm starting to suspect that nin is a shill!  

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 12:53 Acleacius

nin wrote on Sep 23, 2012, 11:51:
As someone who was never really impressed by Gearbox's previous games.....and Gearbox has finally won me over...
I did enjoy both their HL1 expansions, not great but was fun to get back into HL att of their release and Halo just killed Gearbox for me. It wasn't even so much the game (guess I sort of knew what to expect from a console shooter) but Picthford was just a real dick. In recent years, he's been doing much better, so will see.

It's good to hear your enjoying BL2. I've been thinking about it for the Coop alone, even though I'm not a real fan of cellshading. Yet Dead Island expansion might call for another play through.

TL2 sounds like a blast, which is probably go for first.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

7. Re: RE: Follow up Sep 23, 2012, 12:47 UConnBBall

FTL is the perfect little indie strategy game. Do yourself a favor and pick it up ASAP!!!  

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 12:47 Wallshadows

XCOM looks like it has a lot of potential to sink many, many hours in to so I look forward to that.

Overall, one busy fucking month in gaming!

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 12:35 ASeven

I watched a video of the Soldier of BL2 and his voice is the same VA of Orcs Must Die.

All of you who bought BL2, you now can't separate the Soldier from the guy from OMD.

This comment was edited on Sep 23, 2012, 13:28.

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 12:26 Quboid

Is BL2 worth playing for the sole game alone? I never played BL1.  

- Quboid

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 12:17 Dades

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Sep 23, 2012, 12:01:
I wonder what F1 would be like in the year 201.

Maybe it will be Fater ThanLight

I think Blue was hitting the sauce last night.

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 12:01 Parallax Abstraction

I wonder what F1 would be like in the year 201.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 11:51 nin

BL2, TL2, and FLT in the top 5. Good times, indeed. And look at you, skyrim! Trying to sneak back in there...

I was going to write this a few days ago, but I decided to wait and make sure the euphoria wasn't doing the writing:

As someone who was never really impressed by Gearbox's previous games (and not a fan of them, in general), Borderlands 2 is a hoot, and I'm having a blast. The writing (standout), the color palate (no more monocrome desert 24/7), a varied cast of enemies, and gameplay in general have all been cranked to 11, and I'm loving it. It's not a perfect game (small interface issues (drag/drop is a little flakey), and some missions seem really dependent on what guns have dropped for you), but it's a marked improvement over the original, and Gearbox has finally won me over...

157 Replies. 8 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo