Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Here's Valve's list of the ten bestselling titles on Steam for the past week:

1. Borderlands 2
  2. Torchlight II
  3. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  4. FTL: Fater ThanLight
  5. Borderlands 2 Season Pass
  6. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  7. Arma II: Combined Operations
  8. F1 2012
  9. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dawnguard
  10. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View
157 Replies. 8 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

37. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 19:59 jacobvandy

Axis wrote on Sep 23, 2012, 19:40:
Oh cmon teabagger, having an endgame "endless random dungeon" has been done in a billion games -- that's nothing new.

Having a MAP system like PoE created has not been done in an arpg. TL2's map system copied only the basics from PoE, but it's still a blatent ripoff.

Regardless, TL2's map system doesn't make me want to play any more than I have. Decent romp for $20, no longevity. Maybe a killer mod will fly in and save it, time will tell.

Torchlight DID have MAPS that take you TO random dungeons in ADDITION to the 'endless' Shadow Vault. THE only thing they CHANGED with TL2 was to save them UNTIL after you've BEATEN the game the first TIME.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

36. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 19:49 Dades

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Sep 23, 2012, 19:29:
The map system that PoE stole from TL1? Granted PoE improved the idea a LOT, but as far as I know, TL1 did the basic version of it first.

Yep confirmed, just loaded up Torchlight 1 to double check. All ARPG games are heavily derivative anyway.

35. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 19:40 Axis

Oh cmon teabagger, having an endgame "endless random dungeon" has been done in a billion games -- that's nothing new.

Having a MAP system like PoE created has not been done in an arpg. TL2's map system copied only the basics from PoE, but it's still a blatent ripoff.

Regardless, TL2's map system doesn't make me want to play any more than I have. Decent romp for $20, no longevity. Maybe a killer mod will fly in and save it, time will tell.

Yours truly,

Axis

34. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 19:39 PHJF

All right, TotalBiscuit confirmed my fears for BL2. One boring skill per class and pointless passive bonuses. But even after all that I still played the hell out of BL, so $43 seems fine...  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

33. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 19:36 SpectralMeat

Bhruic wrote on Sep 23, 2012, 18:20:
SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 23, 2012, 17:07:
Like I said I guess I just haven't figured out the right weapon combos yet to nail those dang robots.

As one of the tips says, the constructor is vulnerable in its eye. If you have a sniper rifle (which you do), some shots there should take it out fairly quickly. If you do it from a distance, you shouldn't have too much trouble with the other robots it spawns. Assuming you are in the second version of the fight, that is.

Yep second version, and I actually missed that tip, thanks I will give that a try.

Steam: SpectralMeat

32. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 19:29 Wowbagger_TIP

Yeah I guess that mission really depends on your weapons and combos, I guess my weapon combos so far just plain suck! I've had 2 shotguns and a sniper. Do not have anything that does corrosive so I went with explosive shotguns since the robots are immune to fire.

By the time I finish off those robots the builder shits out there's a whole new army of them built up again, I never get a chance to even start shooting the constructor robot. The reloads on the shotguns also suck rocks. They do a lot of damage but take forever to reload, and with all those flying repair drones and the suicide robots that mission is a bit overwhelming for me.

Like I said I guess I just haven't figured out the right weapon combos yet to nail those dang robots.

I've been playing an assassin, and had a tough time with that mission too. Couldn't even take the damn thing's shield down, even with shock nades and weapons, until I finally got a rocket launcher and started pounding it with that. That worked

Axis wrote on Sep 23, 2012, 18:41:
Interesting how TL2 stole POE's map system for endgame, damn near exactly.
The map system that PoE stole from TL1? Granted PoE improved the idea a LOT, but as far as I know, TL1 did the basic version of it first.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

31. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 19:01 RailWizard

Dev wrote on Sep 23, 2012, 18:41:
RailWizard wrote on Sep 23, 2012, 17:29:
BL2 is good, I wouldn't say it's worth $60 though.
Good thing I only paid $36 for the pre-order then.

That is a much better price yes. Sadly you had to pre-order though, and I was not at all impressed by any of the pre-hype vids before launch. There was plenty of room for them to screw the game up but as it turned out, it is a worthy sequel, but pre-order price point is gone as well as the perks.

30. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 18:43 RollinThundr

RailWizard wrote on Sep 23, 2012, 18:30:
RollinThundr wrote on Sep 23, 2012, 17:54:
Quboid wrote on Sep 23, 2012, 12:26:
Is BL2 worth playing for the sole game alone? I never played BL1.

BL2 is good, I wouldn't say it's worth $60 though. Definitely NOT $90.

TL2 on the other hand is very much worth $20.

Eh? TL2 is decent for 20 bucks, BL2 is a AAA title and it shows in every facet of the game, easily worth 60, and this is coming from someone who's playing it solo even though every review and their mothers call it a "co op game"

Opinions....how do they work?

Like assholes, everyone has one.

29. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 18:41 Dev

BL2 is good, I wouldn't say it's worth $60 though.
Good thing I only paid $36 for the pre-order then.

28. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 18:41 Axis

Interesting how TL2 stole POE's map system for endgame, damn near exactly.

Yours truly,

Axis

27. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 18:30 RailWizard

RollinThundr wrote on Sep 23, 2012, 17:54:

Eh? TL2 is decent for 20 bucks, BL2 is a AAA title and it shows in every facet of the game, easily worth 60, and this is coming from someone who's playing it solo even though every review and their mothers call it a "co op game"

Opinions....how do they work?

26. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 18:20 Bhruic

As one of the tips says, the constructor is vulnerable in its eye. If you have a sniper rifle (which you do), some shots there should take it out fairly quickly. If you do it from a distance, you shouldn't have too much trouble with the other robots it spawns. Assuming you are in the second version of the fight, that is.

25. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 17:54 RollinThundr

24. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 17:29 RailWizard

23. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 17:07 SpectralMeat

Yeah I guess that mission really depends on your weapons and combos, I guess my weapon combos so far just plain suck! I've had 2 shotguns and a sniper. Do not have anything that does corrosive so I went with explosive shotguns since the robots are immune to fire.

By the time I finish off those robots the builder shits out there's a whole new army of them built up again, I never get a chance to even start shooting the constructor robot. The reloads on the shotguns also suck rocks. They do a lot of damage but take forever to reload, and with all those flying repair drones and the suicide robots that mission is a bit overwhelming for me.

22. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 16:49 jacobvandy

You don't necessarily need a rocket launcher for the robots, you need corrosive/acid elemental damage to eat through armor or if you're a good enough shot, anything hard-hitting and accurate to nail those weak spots. Which on the robots are their glowing eye or joints (to knock their limbs off). I had a scoped revolver which made that mission a complete joke my first time through.

As for solo vs. co-op, I've been doing the vast majority of my playing alone, though that's partially because I've played so much that I left everyone on my friends list in the dust. :p I don't know why anybody would ever play with strangers, though, considering the FFA loot. You can count on your friends to share or trade for stuff based on your class or preferred weapon type, but I would NEVER want to have randoms running around in my game grabbing everything up while I'm still trying to wipe out some enemies.

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 16:45 SpectralMeat

nin wrote on Sep 23, 2012, 16:37:
I should be close to that. I just met a certain character from the first game who directed me to go break that person out.

Yep that's the one

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 16:37 nin

I should be close to that. I just met a certain character from the first game who directed me to go break that person out.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 16:22 SpectralMeat

nin wrote on Sep 23, 2012, 15:49:
I am enjoying solo except that freaking pain in the ass robot mission I still couldn't get passed. Gotta grind some more for a good rocket launcher so I can give those robots a mouthful !

What level is that?
It is level 12~13
It is called "a damn fine rescue" or something like that, you get something like 3600 xp points for it.

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 16:18 Dades

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 23, 2012, 13:46:
It is worth it. In fact, I think if you play BL2 anything BUT solo you lose so much of the flair this game has it completely destroys it. You will never find the easter eggs, hidden references and hilarious dialog scenes you can stumble upon in coop, worse, in coop you will never meet a real challenge until you reach level 40+ (at this stage, enemies become extremely varied ;p)

Stop playing with people who rush. No reason you can't see everything in a co-op game, its all about who you play with.

157 Replies. 8 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo